Main Disc. Thread - Ultima

Ah, for those that are not (yet) committing to creating a low module-count custom stacking sub but would prefer to stick to the “standard” product line for now.

You have a good point. However, Saint believes that the Ultima replacements are equally or more effective compared to the stacking module line. So if they do indeed all get replaced, you can still find Ultima subs in their place in the store. Which you only have to run once a day instead of placing them in your stack.

And I think the request for ME to be a stacking module has been made. I don’t know how well physcial enhancement modules lend themselves to Ultima. Saint describes Ultima as a booster, meaning it’s better suited for the Results Enhancement modules.

There is one physical change concept I’ve been meaning to propose to Saint as an Ultima though, since it’s more about the neurological system than the body. So in theory Ultima could work.

Another good question. I would say that it will continue to exist as a module in the Q store, as it works slightly different there. It may at some point be re-written or upgraded, but I don’t think it’ll be removed. When combined with the other modules, the Sanguine module still serves a purpose and works in a way that Ultima does not.

But if you like it and have doubts, you could always license the module now to have it available to you when you want it.

Watching this section get smaller and smaller as the stacking modules evolve into their Ultima forms.

1 Like

I wonder what will be the effects of Sanguine/GodlikeMasculinity/Aura/Rebirth/LD as a module in a custom sub, and then stack with it’s Ultima version. How are the results amplified?

For real? I always thought SC reserved the right to remove modules from the Q store as and when they deem fit, for legal purposes.

A question aimed at the Audiophiles on Forum; which headphones would be the most effective at running Ultima in terms price/quality. I’m not really into audio technology at this point so I do not bother researcher myself, I just want to get a good pair that’ll give me the best results.

Let me know, any suggestions are appreciated!

1 Like

Sennheiser HD 280 Pro is probably the best one. At around 80 bucks it’s one that even Saint recommends (and owns). It’s slightly older, although they upgraded the design (you can recognize it by the double pads on the headband), but it compares to the 250-350 buck headphones. I ordered some larger earpads for it from Ali because it presses the edges of my ears gently, but that’s not an issue for listening only an hour or so.

And on a personal note, because the headband is very wide, you can fit the smaller ones of the Trio on top of your head without the headphones putting any pressure on them. In case you’re interested.

My daily headphones that I can wear 24/7 without discomfort are HyperX Clouds. Around the same price and pretty decent quality. Good reviews since their first release. Plus, they come with velvet earpads as well, which is nice for hot days.

5 Likes

That’s also the one I used for the Ultima test. Can recommend it

But @Hermit you said you have Bose Quiet Comfort, right? I am not sure if it is really worth going for the Sennheiser then.

Interesting. Ultima uses such a different method of doing things, I don’t have a clue.

Although the idea of creating a custom with all the stacking modules in there seems fun.

Probably, but they would feel far less inclined to remove stuff if a lot of people “own” it. They We’d get a lot of annoyed service tickets.

Plus, if a lot of people have it, it shows that it’s a popular module and they are more likely to create a replacement.

1 Like

80 Bucks, that’s twice to nothing for a pair for headphones. Going to order those right now, thanks a lot.

Awesome. Can it get any better?

Are these any better, compared to what you suggested above?

They have horrible Flat-Output, and although I had great results with them, I’m eager to find out if I will get even greater results with the Sennheisers.

1 Like

As far as overall quality goes, the Sennheisers are better, being designed as studio monitors. They also have a pretty decent passive noise cancellation.

But for comfort, I love the Clouds. They are a gaming headset with a microphone that can be unplugged at will and the sound quality is more than enough. And since I wear headphones pretty much all day long…

Let’s see if I can show you the acoustic interference profiles of both headphones (the blue lines)…

This is the Sennheiser:

And the Cloud:

As you can see, their frequency response is about the same, although the Cloud does have that mysterious dip and a bit of interference in the bass-line. But apparently the SH’s really don’t like ultrasonics…

But if I close my eyes and really listen, the Sennheisers do sound a bit nicer. Maybe if those Ali earpads are comfortable, I’ll switch to the them full time.

1 Like

Yesterday I ordered a pair of Aftershokz Bone Conduction headphones off Amazon on I should receive them by Thursday at the latest. It will be fun to run and experiment with the Ultima audios with them as I mentioned before I have significant hearing loss in my left ear and although I feel I am getting results I can’t wait to see if the new headphones make a difference or not

They may be a bit too powerful for that. I’m stacking two right now and it’s very mentally taxing.

2 Likes

@SaintSovereign How much carry over is there between the each Ultima title?

This price is literally unbelievable…

€79 for a quality pair of headphones like these, II’ll let you know there performance tomorrow :wink:

What do mean by this?

Isn’t there also an ultrasonic in the Ultima subs?

I was making a comment on the distortion you see at the end:
Above 10kHz it drops sharply. And the ultras run at 17kHz.

Yes, there are ultras in the Ultima’s, but I think most of the “magic” happens across the audible sound, so it’s more important the headset is relatively flat across the entire spectrum. Which the 280’s are. Thus they remain a very good recommendation.

The Ultras are vocals, and if they are a bit distorted it matters less. Your subconscious has no problem with that. But all the nuances Ultima’s need across the rest of the spectrum, that’s where quality helps. Then the subconscious strains less to pick it all up.

Now stop repyling to me! I’ve been trying to drag myself away from the forum for hours now. :wink:

4 Likes

Not sure if it’s possible but I would love to see an Ultima stand alone version of Attachment Destroyer.

2 Likes

@DarkPhilosopher Good Luck with that

2 Likes

Yea that would be pretty awesome, I think some of the modules in the Q store would be great in Ultima form.

One last thing before you go haha

What app are you using @DarkPhilosopher to visualize this ? :smile:

Only the Ultima Core.

1 Like