Main Disc. Thread - Ultima

I recall Saint saying that ultimas are really not for long terms growth however i do believe prolonged use of an ultima stack can bring about permanent changes. What is everyones thoughts ?

I suspect but cannot prove it at this time.

I’d say yes it appears so from what I’ve heard here

I think Saint mentioned that you can use an ultima as a major sub. If that is the case, wouldn’t we expect the same type of results?

1 Like

@Floridianninja I got these last Friday. Beautiful as fuck and @SaintSovereign said they should work great with Ultimas and they do . Mine are M20X

3 Likes

Probably not. I use them for ultrasonics, but not for listening to Ultima.

I feel like what would actually happen here is that Libertine’s aura would become much more powerful, but you might burn yourself out quicker. It’s not really creating new energy, more like concentrating an existing energy source.

Yes, I’d say so.

If you want to buy new headphones for Ultima, you want something used in a studio for tracking or mixing. They’re generally called flat response because they don’t color the sound to make the music sound better. When I’m working on my music, I want to hear exactly what’s being generated by the DAW without the headphones messing with them. Try: https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M20x-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR18/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=flat+response+headphones&qid=1614295495&sr=8-6

We changed our tune about this quite some time. They CAN cause permanent changes, but the Ultima programs themselves are written less broadly than the majors.

4 Likes

Would you recommend the Cloud headset over Senheisers for Ultima?

Also any recommendations on speakers for Ultima-or good flatline studio monitor speakers in general?

My jargon could be off but I think you’ll know what I am saying.

Also hopefully your days are getting longer and able to include everything you want to :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure what this is, but if they’re flat response, you’re good.

You can use the very affordable studio monitors at Monoprice.

1 Like

If anyone wants a headphone recommendation for Ultimas, mine is the Philips SHP9500. Reasonably affordable, and very comfortable. Note they’re open-backed, so not great for commuting but more comfortable for long term listening.

1 Like

Wouldn’t recommend them over the Sennheisers. In fact, I used them for several years for everything then switched to the SH’s once I got those custom ear pads. I now use them for bedtime Ultima listening sometimes.

As far as the flat frequency response goes, the HyperX Clouds are quite good. They have one little drop somewhere near the end of the range if I remember, which is odd.

Don’t know about speakers. It shouldn’t be too hard to get decent ones, just mind the range. It is likely full-range speakers are better because they split the range up into dedicated emitters (no idea what you’d call that). I used middle-class Edifiers in the bedroom until Ultima came along which did better with headphones.

Flatline made me smile. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Has anyone ran libertine alongside Commander in their stack ? if so please share your experiences.

5 Likes

Oh dude! I want to hear about this…

1 Like

If I remember correctly, you also own the Sennheiser 280 pro. How would you compare these Audio-Technica in effectiveness for Ultima and also are the more comfortable to wear?

1 Like

Thank you for this. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Khan ultima :hourglass_flowing_sand:

4 Likes

@SaintSovereign @Fire please please I am appealing once more to your charitable, kind, big hearted, compassionate side… sex and seduction in ultima format please :slight_smile:

I not only speak for myself but for all my dear friends in this amazing community you created who have already experienced the delights of S&S :slight_smile:

I can vouch for PSITU, it has great seduction script if that what you need

Hmmm perhaps you have a point friend.

can we use the masked subs at 2x or 3x or 4x speed with earphones while sleeping?

That’s not advisable.

3 Likes