Main Disc. Thread - Ultima

I think the Sennheiser is more powerful. Listening to Love Bomb, with the new Ultima core, on the Sennheiser is really powerful. But practically, I can only use the Sennheiser at home, and I do listen to Ultimas away from home. So the AirPods are very convenient and, while not as powerful, do the job quite well.

4 Likes

I want to run R.I.C.H on a pair Sennheiser 280’s

5 Likes

The SENNHEISERs have been great to me, they just look very odd on my head lol they’re built strangely. So I understand why people say they can only use them at home.

3 Likes

Hi @SaintSovereign

I’m also checking for a new wireless headset for gaming and voip, but would like to use it for Ultimas as well.

Will i get the full benefits of Ultima with this one? Similar with the Sennheiser HD 280?

Thank you!

Results wise, how’s this working out?

1 Like

It should be fine, but not optimal. Ultima works best with flat response headphones – those that don’t change or color the sound. All headphones tend to do this, you just want to minimize how much it does. Headphones like this change the sound to make it sound better while gaming, hence why it may not be the best. That being said, you should still get good results. I’ve been using some of those “CozyPhones” and seeing results.

4 Likes

Are speakers still considered a “no-go” for ultima? I would love to listen to Paragon while in bed in order to help me fall asleep.

I’m using this speaker https://www.amazon.com/Bang-Olufsen-Powerful-Portable-Bluetooth/dp/B08GKVL7FN/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3HXYQDG6IMDLR&dchild=1&keywords=bang%2Bolufsen%2Bspeaker&qid=1612307916&sprefix=bang%2Bol%2Caps%2C272&sr=8-3&th=1

1 Like

Nothing much I want to report yet - been using the Ultimas sparingly as my focus in on DR and Mogul Q. I’ve only run Elixir and Love Bomb Ultima so far.

Will run R.I.C.H when my funds come in.

3 Likes

This list has more in-ear options:

2 Likes

wahoo! thanks @Malkuth

if you come across anything like this for flat line speakers please post.
In the meantime I’ll go searching.

1 Like

I went to check out the measurement reports of frequency response curves. (I haven’t done the homework and I don’t really know precisely what these data mean.)

I’m comparing the Sennheiser 280 PRO’s to the headphones that I bought AKG K72’s.

Looking mainly at that solid black line.

In the low-end, they’re equally flat. K72 maybe even a bit flatter, if I’m understanding this correctly. Once you pass 800 Hz, the HD280 PRO preserves the flatness better than the K72. The HD280 PRO has a slight dip after 2K Hz.

The K72 dips from about 800 to 3K Hz.

So, what I don’t really know is how that relates to the potential effects of an Ultima track.

1 Like

QL- looking deeper into things, the nature of how they work, what means what, and why what is ‘better’ than what. :slight_smile: or that could have always been how you do things, appreciate it and am looking to cultivate more of that myself in any case.

1 Like

Thank you, Azriel. I’m not sure. Lots of changes over the past decade. I haven’t tracked all of them well.

Don’t really have time to do this headphone research properly. Need to get to other work. Maybe eventually, we members will pool our resources and come up with some type of easy-to-understand Reference Chart for in-ear and over-ear monitors by price.

In the meantime, I’ll keep trying to make it work with what I’ve got.

1 Like

Might be too late to add this
I was using B&O headphones for ultima .

Today got BeyerDynamic 770 pro 80 ohms studio , it does make difference to ultima effect .
Normally I could easily do 6 loops ultima on days , today after 3 loops felt bit heavy .

Also for first time on love bomb I felt euphoric / blissful amd also felt self worthy and and I told my girl , I think I have become more handsome , and she said yesss she has been feeling same for me .

On Rich ultima , today I started envisioning where I want to be after 6 months in terms of sales amd targets .

Audio equipment’s do make difference on Ultima .

1 Like

Thank you for posting this @rajeshwer! I find your posts valuable so please keep posting!

1 Like

@SaintSovereign @RVconsultant

I am really enjoying my new custom which comprises

Beyond Limitless Ultima
Technological Prodigy
Index Gate

Right now i am running 2 loops.

Do you see an issue running this overnight at 6 loops ?

1 Like

Uh, yeah — r e c o n c i l i a t i o n. I’d be careful running any Ultima for six loops overnight.

5 Likes

I see the issues as being the number of loops, and the “running when asleep”.

Burn out. Disrupted sleep. That sleep can be useful in processing subliminals, so do NOT listen to subliminals so the brain can process things. Umm… and I don’t listen to subs when sleeping so I’m biased.

Now on the upside, perhaps sleep can be used as productive time by listening. Some people can listen to subliminals at night with few or no issues.

Your ambition is admirable. If I had that custom, I would start with 1 loop in the morning when I wake up… like digital coffee. If 1 loop 5 times a week works, maybe go to 2 loops 5 times a week. Start slow, prevent burnout.

2 Likes

@RVconsultant Excellent points…right now I am running 2 loops of my custom just before i fall asleep. Then i run my ultimas just as I open my eyes in the morning.

My last comment I wrote in haste will run 3 loops tomorrow morning and see how things go.

May the following NOT happen to you… :exploding_head:

1 Like