Main Disc. Thread - Ultima

Does anyone know if the senheiser MX 365 would be suitable for Ultima

1 Like

@Fire and @SaintSovereign would you please comment on the Senheiser MX 365 for Ultima? (See above)

2 Likes

They arenā€™t the best, but itā€™ll work.

1 Like

Iā€™m generally using Apple wired earpods. When Iā€™m walking about.

When Iā€™m at home Iā€™m either using those or if Iā€™m at the desktop computer Sony MDRXB50AP Extra Bass Earbuds. uggh. Do I need to get new headphones?

Thanks for commenting!

When you say ultima will not work with low spec headphones, does it mean if I use a low spec headphone I will not have any result, or result up to per with Q/lower than Q?
I sometimes listen to Stark Ultima or Stark Terminus Masked with headphones. If Ultima is not sure to give me full benefits/best result with my headphone, would it be better to just go with Q/Terminus?

1 Like

@SaintSovereign a more detail oriented question above about headphones.

1 Like

Itā€™ll work, but it may not work the best. Youā€™ll still get results.

Possibly. You can still use the Ultimas as a booster.

1 Like

@SaintSovereign What about these for Ultima?

They should be alright. Thereā€™s bass boost, so Iā€™m not sure how that will affect the Ultima.

1 Like

I donā€™t use it so hopefully that helps

Maybe we can ask from the other direction: are there any particularly highly recommended headphones?

Maybe low-, mid-, and high-cost?

3 Likes

Sennheiser HD 280 pro is perfect for Ultima and I bought it for 110 $

6 Likes

Over the ear, ear bud, and speakers
All low-mid-high cost.

Senheiser HD 280 is currently Ultima king of over the ear mid(?) end cost

Hereā€™s my vote for high end over the ear

they come with free shipping :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am using very cheap Sony MDR EX255AP earphones as recommended by @Simon

https://www.ebay.com.au/p/11015348578

I paid US$15 for my earphones.

1 Like

I may have to get a pair at some point. I love that they are not bluetooth.

1 Like

@SaintSovereign would you know if AirPods Pro gives full results (esp in noise cancelling mode) despite not being studio headphones?

@SubliminalUser I just got a pair of AirPods Pro and the noise cancellation is awesome and the Ultimas sound great.

I also have the Sennheiser HD 280 Pros.

do you experience a similar effect from each, or is one seem to be more powerful?

I think the Sennheiser is more powerful. Listening to Love Bomb, with the new Ultima core, on the Sennheiser is really powerful. But practically, I can only use the Sennheiser at home, and I do listen to Ultimas away from home. So the AirPods are very convenient and, while not as powerful, do the job quite well.

4 Likes