Main Disc. Thread - Stark Ultima Experimental

How is PCC anti-seduction?

Conversly

@user9437773791397760 If you read the product page of PCC, how is this anti-seduction?

1 Like

PCC isn’t anti-seduction at all. It doesn’t even make you defensive, it just makes you aware of people trying to manipulate you and gives you insight on how to fight it. You still consciously choose what to do.

13 Likes

Would you find any conflict here? This is my personal view on it currently.

I know that it is a bit obsessive here. Just trying to experiment with some of the text I read within the zohar, some things should never be named directly otherwise they invoke the said concept. It is a bit strange I know, I Just want to remove any defensive behaviors is all.

I am certain that PCC does not kick into action if you are not in the problematic situations involved.

1 Like

How would you know if you were around compatible / comparable people? Subconsciously (or consciously), you’d have to evaluate the person, their merits and their intentions based off past interactions and knowledge of that person. PCC simply adds more information to that internal knowledgebase and helps you search it quicker to ascertain if a person is trying to manipulate you or not. It doesn’t “put you on the defensive” or “on the offensive.” Once manipulative behavior is detected, you become aware of it, as well as what you need to do to handle it in a way that furthers your goals.

19 Likes

PCC is great. I am more aware.

3 Likes

Some people like to poke to see defensive behavior, but have no intention of actually taking advantage, just to see what the reaction is (Information). It’s just my focus currently is all, I just want to be nonreactive in that situation. I am just a small fish who acts like a bear, and trying to remove defensiveness from my ego.

Edit

In addition, I would have to experiment with PCC, but I might have difficulty executing the “charm, charisma” stuff, leaving me a bit inbalanced. I guess I could try and see…

1 Like

Hmm, I think the word “defensive” was not used in the same sens

This is reacting to the environnement. You can remain by default unreactive. If someone makes fun at you, do you show defensive behavior? How do you react?

When you use PCC, you just see unconsiously “ok, he is trying to make me do that”. It doesn’t change what you do after that. And also, it’s not because someone is trying to manipulate you that you have to get angry or something… You just see those behaviour more clearly and then choose. The same way if someone is trying to jump scare you. He/she tries and you don’t react, you choose to control your reaction (the jump scare is a little bit overblown, but it’s only to show an example of external reaction).

You won’t “react” on PCC, you will see more clearly, and it’s unconsious so you won’t have to think about it. The same way you notice a woman smiling at you. The same way you recognise a friend when you walk down the street. You see, and choose how you act.

And by the way @SaintSovereign how much can Power Can Corrupt be used offensively? I remembered on Medici I was always thinking of “what do they want”, “how can we work together” and stuff like that when meeting people.

8 Likes

You won’t “react” on PCC, you will see more clearly, and it’s unconsious so you won’t have to think about it. The same way you notice a woman smiling at you. The same way you recognize a friend when you walk down the street. You see, and choose how you act.

This is a bit why I wanted to avoid using PCC too much. say these two laws interacting which would conflict with another unrelated philosophy I might have. Aren’t these two laws a form of turtling (Crab) and defense? (I know I am cherry picking). It was one of my worries about PCC being imbalanced for someone like me, since these two laws would be just too easy to follow. The one solution I would find is to just stack it with something that balances it out, without influencing power dynamics. Other than that, I would just have to again, make sure to use it at proper times.

“The world is dangerous and enemies are everywhere — everyone has to protect themselves. A fortress seems the safest. But isolation exposes you to more dangers than it protects you from — it cuts you off from valuable information, it makes you conspicuous and an easy target. Better to circulate among people, find allies and mingle. You are shielded from your enemies by the crowd.”
AND
If you make a show of going against the times, flaunting your unconventional ideas and unorthodox ways, people will think that you only want attention and that you look down upon them. They will find a way to punish you for making them feel inferior. It is far safer to blend in and nurture the common touch. Share your originality only with tolerant friends and those who are sure to appreciate your uniqueness.

1 Like

If you wanted to manipulate someone, PCC would make it easier to do so. Mixed with something like the new Dragon Tongue module in Q, maybe something like HoM, one could easily become Littlefinger (when he’s well-written).

10 Likes

Or you could become Palpatine with a combo like that or Redd Reddington lol.

3 Likes

Is PCC all about protecting you from manipulation and being more aware of people intentions, games and lies? Or maybe there’s much more to it?

Reddington is the best example of modern PCC in action I’ve ever seen in popular culture. Literally to a T, it’s brilliant.

2 Likes

there’s more to it, it’s about cultivate external power, it also has status, personal power, unique charisma, both socially and sexually, scripting. It can support in gaining power, influence through positioning, as well as simply support in manipulation to positive persuasion. It can help with social anxiety and fluency, and in my and other’s cases not BSing oneself and letting go of defensiveness because there is no longer this delusional need to protect.

I have found it get’s subtler and subtler in that
It also has the potential to support in any transformation-through the law of formlessness, as well as effective action-by winning through action rather than words and other such effects of certain laws.

5 Likes

PCC is the shit.

It’s literally a road map of what manipulative behaviour looks like, how you can read it off other people and will give you several strategies to deal with it.

The executing part comes from you.

Khan will start getting physically pally to crush the other.
StarkQ will amplify the charm and dodge the attempt.
Emperor… if they haven’t cut them off already :smile:.

7 Likes

There are many benefits from PCC. Just read the product page. Many gold nuggets there.

1 Like

Based on the band-wagging response and not really examining/avoiding my arguments, I could see why PCC is a good choice for most everyone. I personally do not want it in as a main component of my stack. I can see the conflict many see in why I view it this way, it really is my failure to divulge even why I want to avoid the behaviors. I’m not too interested in that right now, So ill concede yes, PCC is definitely good for most individuals who read the product page, and are not obsessive about what goes into their head.

I think I get what your saying, it may not be defensive, but it has a withdraw or distancing effect, a less jump into the call and action of things without calculation. A more hiding in plain site, even if one is the center of attention, effect as well. I can see why this would be disadvantageous to someone in your position. I think the crab connotation just threw people off.

I wouldn’t insult everyone by calling it band-wagging-though-everyone here is experiencing, and thinking for themselves, and coming to a common conclusion.

2 Likes