Main Disc. Thread - Emperor: House of Medici v2

If you take some time and read through journals, you’ll see that the people who had the best results are those who ran one sub or one stack consistently for an extended period of time. Sub hoppers and shiny object syndrome sufferers get weak or spotty results.

5 Likes

That’s actually exactly what I did before I picked Emperor as my starting sub. I read through numerous journals, specifically looking at those who had run Emperor for extended periods. Not to shit on any members or discard other’s journeys, but, I could tell that there was a clear distinction in terms of growth and success for those that did the Emperor journey for several months to years from those that hopped subs every few weeks or months. That’s why I chose that as my first.

I added HoM as the second sub because I felt it also aligned with my goals. And, true story, it’s because of Sub Club that I actually read about the Medici family. Picked up two different books on the history of the Medici’s and what they accomplished. Understanding the basis from which HoM was created also allowed me to do the gut check for “is this what I want for myself?”

EoG rounded out my trifecta of subs, as I feel like it will only further solidify and build around the goals of the other two subs. I have selected Wanted as a potential fourth sub which I may introduce later on, to fully round out the entire spectrum of my personal growth and interests at this time.

At some point, after enough time, I will probably open a public journal on this forum detailing what I have experienced and the growth I have seen. For now, most of my journaling is done on a notebook. Because that feels right. I am all about following my gut. I can confidently say, this is one the biggest areas of growth I have seen since running Emperor.

6 Likes

Did you enjoy either or both of the books?

And if so could you share the titles?

:pray:

3 Likes

Loved both of them! Some of the information overlaps, but I’m obsessive when it comes to finding facts and or understanding the details, especially as historians tend to write from a personal interest, so there is a bias factor there.

I would strongly recommend Paul Strathern’s The Medici. Loved that book and I felt like his prose style almost read like a political and financial thriller in many ways. It was factual, but not dry.

Christopher Hibbert’s The House of Medici, It’s rise and fall was also vey good. Again, some of the information will overlap, but, I can’t say enough good things about both books. I gained so much understanding of how dynasty wealth works and also a better grasp on Machiavelli’s the Prince, as Machiavelli was a huge supporter of Cosimo De Medici. Also, a better understanding of the growth of the Humanism thought movement and the hand that the Medici had in creating the Renaissance period. Unbelievable history. Unbelievable family.

I’ve read several of your posts Malkuth, and judging by the way you write and your thoughtfulness, I think you will truly enjoy both of these titles.

9 Likes

Thank you, @Demian!

Just got the Strathern. Opted for audiobook. I sampled about 20 seconds before making my choice, and I could already see what you mean. Even in that brief listen, he gave attention to the textural details that convey a sense of everyday life’s feeling.

What a strange world we live in and what odd societies we have created. I would like to have been able to have gotten my bearings and ‘found my feet’ with all of this human nonsense a little earlier on in the process. But, nearing 50, I’m still glad to have made any progress at all. :wink:

5 Likes

Hey Bro!
Running a different All Emperor Stack.

Emperor
Emperor HOM
Emperor Fitness

2 Likes

That makes two of us my friend! 50 is right around the corner for me as well and having been married, separated, and a father to an adult child now, I figured it was time for me to focus on me and finally go live the life I wanted to live and not the one I was told to live.

As they say, better late than never! :wink:

Would love to hear your thoughts on the book once you’ve finished it.

The one thing besides the history of the Medici that struck out at me is that I couldn’t help but feel that we are yet again entering a time of Humanism Thought and a new found Renaissance. History is incredible in that it is always repeating itself. But again, would love to engage in a discourse once you’ve finished the book.

3 Likes

Very interesting article:

8 Likes

It’s going to be a while before I even get the luxury to crack this book open.

Sheesh.

Busy busy. (For now, I’ll just consider that my own way of studying the Medici: being busy as hell. Though I’m guessing they were working a lot smarter than I am at the moment.)

I’m in the middle of my second cycle of HoM and the first cycle with V2. V2 is completely different than V1 - much smoother and much less recon overall. The V2 versions of all of my subs that I am using, whether it’s Emperor, HoM, or EoG St 1 is just kinda serene. I am experiencing some exhaustion, but I think that’s due to EoG being run for the first time in this cycle and my brain adapting to it.

But I feel a sense of elation also, a sense of freedom in it all. I’m thinking about things much more differently now than I had even last month. I want to go and socialize with the right people and start getting my network expanded again. This particular feeling is something I have been missing for quite some time.

I also feel this clearer sense of being able to express myself in a way that I haven’t been able to in a very long time. I honestly can’t say enough good things about HoM, or the rest of my stack for that matter. Even though I am only in the early stages of it, it’s just been a really enjoyable journey thus far.

Will be interesting to see how the transformation unfolds with extended use.

9 Likes

As a fellow House of Medici user, I do agree with ZP v2 being smoother than ZP v1.

2 Likes

I have the same experience. I only run it for 7 minutes though. Even 7 minutes of v1 knocks me out. I’ll try 15 minutes to see what it feels like.

1 Like

I’m running Emperor: House of Medici as a Program Core in one of my customs. I am still running in v1, but am planning to upgrade to v2 for the next play period.

Am appreciating this feedback on all of your experiences.

2 Likes

For me, I’m doing the full 15 minutes for HOM. Running it with Sanguine & ZP Custom.

I do think Sanguine ZPv2 in the mix is a factor for me. Less recon.

1 Like

I’m running HoM + Emp Black + EOG 3. I figured that running them all 3 at 15 minutes might be a bit much. In January, I’m replacing Emp Black with LBFH anyway, so maybe I’d have enough capacity to run HoM at 15 minutes then.

2 Likes

interesting sub this house of medici

3 Likes

Why so? When the sales page literally says otherwise? :thinking:

2 Likes

Because it would make things way easier. If you’re already making money it means that you don’t have as much of a poverty mindset than someone who is always broke and money is a major issue. Someone who has severe poverty mindset issues better clear them with EOG first before tackling a behemoth like HoM. That’s just my opinion.

EDIT: @AlexanderGraves : For example if you’re close to being homeless or can’t even pay your basic bills, there is not point in trying to create a financial empire with HoM. Subs like Ascended Mogul or EOG are better suited for that situation. If you already have a job or a business and you’re just not surviving then HoM would easier to run.

3 Likes

Medici is about creating a dynasty, forging partnerships and being able to leverage the system.

It moves differently than EOG, which is more about individualizing your own belief system. Running EOG before HoM is not needed for the avarage starting individual who at least knows how to skillfully navigate social spaces and mastermind this in his favor.

Also Medici is more than just entrepeneurial, I have found it to be an accelerator for any (Project) manager role.

1 Like

You are explaning a situation, that is just not the norm for majority of people running subs

1 Like