Main Disc. Thread - Dragon Reborn Multistage + Ultima

So often I feel like my biggest struggle with Dragon Reborn is defining for myself what mental and emotional maturity is. I can read articles about it all day but I am not joking when I say I don’t feel like I have ever experienced it firsthand.

3 Likes

Retrospective on ST3. It’s definitely the best of the 3 sub-stages.

1 Like

@SubliminalUser I just read it and after my two day break I am going back to running strictly Dragon Reborn. What you tagged me on is probably accurate

2 Likes

Sometimes I seriously feel that Dragon Reborn has sort of societal healing in it because the more I heal myself the less interest I have in doing whatever someone else is doing

4 Likes

It DEFINITELY has societal healing in it.

2 Likes

Small testimonial to the power of Dragon Reborn.

I was running St4 for around 5 months in a custom. Now I just found this old journal of mine, where I was writing down all my fears and traumas that were holding me back. Let’s see how much changed :wink:

15 Likes

@friday

wow this is huge- congrats…and thanks for posting these specific accomplishment from DR.
I recognize myself in some of them and more confident and motivated to finish DR then ever.
Always get value from your milestone recaps.

4 Likes

That’s awesome dude. I’ve had issues with those same exact fears you’ve had. I’m definitely better about those now but it could definitely still use some work.

Did you jump straight to putting ST4 in the custom? Or did you run ST1, 2, and 3 individually beforehand?

1 Like

I jumped straight into St4

5 Likes

I was in a really bad mood this morning and just ran a loop of Dragon Reborn St 1 and I feel better. Keeping the loops on this under two five days a week

3 Likes

I’m leaning toward adding DR ST4 as a module in Halcyon 2 (intended for long-term listening, so I’m ok with results that take more exposure to achieve), I’m stoked to see such good results from your use of that!

2 Likes

It’s finally happening.

7 Likes

Could DR aid in fat loss, if combined with intent? Cause in my mind, getting rid of visceral and other unnecessary fat would be considered as physically healing my body.

this question could be applied to Paragon as well, although this isn’t the right thread

1 Like

If fat storage has some emotional roots DR can be effective.

2 Likes

@anon52452268 I asked something similar at one point and if I’m correct Saint said that if the weight gain was somehow related to emotional eating or whatever then potentially. Given what Saint said yesterday about Elixir it probably wouldn’t hurt to add that in as I have

1 Like

(preface)

I had a revelation at the meditation program I went to in 2019… I wasn’t specifically asking questions about this topic, but something one of the facilitators said sparked a very jarring memory.
She was speaking about how sometimes people will “armor up” their bodies or appearance in response to a traumatic event or even a perceived traumatic possibility. The example she gave was a woman who was so afraid of the possibility of being sexually assaulted, she subconsciously did everything she could to make herself unattractive… excessive weight gain, unflattering clothes, standoff-ish mannerisms, the list went on. All to avoid “becoming a target”. It wasn’t until she realized this was the cause that she was able to make actual progress on getting her health back and attracting a partner.

I realized, after hearing that example, I maybe have done something similar.

As a child, I was super skinny. Rail thin, with bright blue eyes, and curly light brown hair. My maternal grandmother developed early-onset Alzheimer’s disease, and declined rapidly… to the point where she looked fine and seemingly acted normal, but typically had no idea what she was saying. Or maybe she just had no filter…

One day, she apparently decided that since I was so skinny with such “pretty hair and eyes”, that I didn’t even look like a boy, and should instead have been a girl. Something she told me repeatedly, without a hint of humor. My mother just awkwardly laughed it off, as “ohh, you know Nana isn’t well and she just says strange things.”

Was not funny to me though. That was utterly devastating to an 11 year old boy who is just hitting puberty and already felt super awkward. Over the next year I went from being really outgoing to being angry and gruff-acting, and put on enough weight that while I wasn’t fat, I was definitely “chubby”. Big enough that nobody could shove me around. I also grew a beard the second I was able to, and have had varying lengths of facial hair (from stubble to an occasional full beard) perpetually since I was about 14-15.

Nobody would have literally mistaken me for a girl back then, and certainly not now… yet that painful memory and the extra 20lbs (minimum…) remains. I’ve got a tall/thin frame with a slightly oversize body… my wife has compared me to Gru on at least 3 separate occasions… :sweat_smile:

Net result is I’ve not been back to what I consider a state of fitness ever since, I can get to about the 198-200lbs mark (about where I am now) and then it just plateaus. I’ve tried numerous supplements, multi-day (3 max) fasting, increasing exercise, nothing successfully gets me below that threshold.

Tackling the emotional cause, if that’s part of it, is just about the only thing I haven’t done yet.

EDIT: And to pre-answer the inevitable question about why didn’t I try to muscle up instead… even if there was a gym in my home town at that point, it wasn’t for kids. Plus, it was far easier to deal with emotional issues by inhaling a plate of french fries while watching Darkwing Duck after school than going to work out… :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

@BLACKICE That was a fascinating read and I feel there is definitely something to that in how people process trauma. I have been reading up on how there is a belief or theory that ADHD is the result of childhood trauma. I personally feel self sabotage of any kind is the result of unresolved trauma
I am leaning towards the feeling that anything someone does that isn’t beneficial for them is the result of some faulty belief they have in them

3 Likes

There was undeniably an element of “I don’t deserve better” with ALL of my previous relationships. It wasn’t until I did a manual cognitive reset (powered by excessive amounts of vodka!) after a particularly painful relationship crash & burn that I truly shifted my mindset to realize I did deserve better. Within 2 months I had met and was dating an amazing girl who I’m now married to.

On one hand, the convoluted path I took led me to the wonderful life I have now, which I wouldn’t give up for anything. On the other hand, I wonder how much easier and less painful the path might have been if I’d had DR all along. And the other subs, of course…

3 Likes

@SubliminalUser @James

Hmm, you guys mention the emotional aspect, but on the sales page, DR (and of course Paragon) specifically mentions physical healing. Is this physically healing limited then? Cause I know the way the subs work is by letting our subconscious decide the best path for the desired goal. Excessive fat, especially visceral fat, can cause a host of very serious issues and for sure harms the body to some degree even if you aren’t consciously aware or have a serious condition. If excess fat is the cause of one’s physical ailments, then I can assume getting rid of that fat would be dealing with the root cause of those issues. Thus physically healing yourself. Otherwise, I’m wondering if what the DR sales page means by physical healing is limited to specific things and/or doesn’t use the “let your subconscious figure it out” method as much.

The emotional and physical are always linked imo, but still curious about the semantics and such. Really wanted to see if someone running DR or Paragon noticed weight loss. Since being at a healthy weight/body percentage is important for health and these subs are physical healing/health related.

2 Likes

It’s been stated that DR is primarily an emotional healing sub with secondary healing towards physical while Paragon is primary a physical healing sub that may potentially address emotional issues if they are the source/cause of a physical ailment.

I agree-I think the two-emotions-physicality are highly intertwined-especially when it comes to chronic issues

1 Like