Main Dev. Thread - StarkQ

Do you have to pay every time you want to modify your custom?

Yes because each is a separate build that has to be done on Q. And each time a build is done, SC has to access some APIs for specific processing, and that costs $$$ each time.

@SaintSovereign which of the subs promote problem solving skills?

That sucks since the subs are all about experimenting. Each time I would like to do another experiment I would have to pay. It seems to be the price you have to pay for an individualized approach but I hope itā€™ll change in the future and weā€™ll be given a great opportunity to experiment with all modules we have bought.

I dont have a oroblem with paying each time to be honest its really not that much to update your existing build.

3 Likes

Given they have to pay $$$ each time one is built, it really isnā€™t feasible or reasonable to expect to NOT at least cover the cost of that.

The upside though is you only have to pay once to license each module. So if you use mostly the same modules, the most expensive build will be the first one.

Youā€™re really paying the $99 build fee each time to help cover the cost of the API access and keeping SC profitable to be able to keep this show going.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not against paying for it (since they pay for it too) but paying for it every time you want to modify your custom (to change say 2-3 modules in your custom) is unfavorable for experimenting which is the very base of SC concept as far as I understand theirā€¦ philosophy/marketing strategy. I would rather charge more for the license of the modules and give the users an opportunity to build their custom any time they want using some app/internet platform or just modify the modules the way which allows to stack them in an easy way. Of course, I understand that now that idea is out of range due technical issues. We have to bare in my mind people change their stack often and many people would like to do the same with their modules. For me thatā€™s the only reason Iā€™m not running any customā€¦yet? I hope youā€™ll take it for a suggestion not for an attack on SC policy since this is not what I meant.

Any of them with Limitless / built upon Limitless (StarkQ, Beyond Limitless, etc.).

4 Likes

Stark which is part of my custom has helped amplify my I.T development skills. I also come up with very unique ideas on how to increase my wealth which i have actioned and yielded great results. Its only been a few weeks.

On the wealth side Stark has been good to me.

I am already set on adding additional modules to my custom. To take me to the next level.

6 Likes

Itā€™s not something where SC can change just a few modules in your custom. It requires a full build each time you make ANY change to it, and that invokes the external APIs

1 Like

Letā€™s imagine that youā€™ve just had your car painted the perfect color. Then the next week you decide to subtly change it, as an experiment. Would it make sense to expect the body shop to re-paint the car for free? Their costs (time + supplies) are the same as the original paint job, so it ought to cost the same.

If youā€™re familiar with video editing, itā€™s like wanting to change a single clip out of a whole movieā€¦ it can be done, but the time/cost to re-render it is exactly the same as the first time it was done.

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I suggested creating an app which would help doing it by yourself or finding some way to make it simple. Iā€™m not a technician Iā€™m just a customer.

That could help with original planning, but it wouldnā€™t change the costs to create additional versions of the same sub, unless Iā€™m misunderstanding your post.

The fact that this process isnā€™t simple, is a big part of what sets SubClub ahead of their competitors as they can do it and the others canā€™t. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I suppose it would be black magic to me if somebody introduced the technology behind it to me.

I suppose thereā€™s no other way of building customs at the moment but if SC could cropped up with some simple solution allowing us to modify our customs by ourselves without additional costs or for a symbolic fee it would be great since it would allow us to toy with our customs and adjust them to our needs and results. Of course experimenting with subs would sky rock to a fantastic level too. But maybe itā€™s just a dream.

Realistically, if you post enough to get the 25% off lifetime discount, rebuilds would cost much cheaper. In our eyes, customs are a bit different than the major titles. We encourage experimentation with the major titles, playing around with your stack until you find one that works for you. Then, you build a custom to either fill the gaps or improve your results. We donā€™t actually push experimentation with customs, because we actually want you to stick to one or two customs for at least a year.

12 Likes

The next edition of the dictionary should include the following word.

Subliminal Club - A group of genius men who obliterate competition.

Used in a sentence - ooooo , Nokia pulled a subliminal club on Sony Ericsson.

5 Likes

Iā€™m sure you didnā€™t mean it that way, but what youā€™re wishing for is for SubClub to start giving valuable assets in exchange for nothing. Imagine a restaurant that offered unrestricted all-you-can-eat. If people took that literally and paid for ONE meal but brought in buckets to take away literally as much food as they could carry, the restaurant would go bankrupt if they didnā€™t stop.

Another exampleā€¦ how much would a vehicle need to cost if you had the option to only buy ONE ever, and got free modifications and upgrades to it for life? Itā€™d be nowhere close to the current cost of a vehicleā€¦ and what would such a system do to the vehicle market as a whole?

There isnā€™t an easy way to regenerate customs without incurring a cost, but even if there was, itā€™s not in the best financial interests of SubClub to offer that. I doubt Saint would ever say that, but as a fellow business owner, I will say it. I bet anyone else here who runs a business would understand.

The level of generosity that already exists with free upgrades for major titles, as well as free subs (like The Executive), is practically unprecedented. Personally, Iā€™m delighted that customs are as cheap as they already are and that re-use of existing licensed modules is only the cost of the build itself.

4 Likes

Whatā€™s your take on listening to those customs for one year, and then introducing 2 new customs as you continue to play the 2 original customs?

In other words, how much of an issue is mental bandwidth/subliminal load when it comes to programs that youā€™ve been running for a very long time? Can the mind be considered to have largely adapted at some point such that the very long-term programs are integrated into the mind more efficiently? (Planning for next year, insofar as thatā€™s possible).

5 Likes

I got your point and appreciate your explanation, too bad we cannot test the modules individually at least before deciding if we want to put them into the custom but yes, itā€™s all about experimenting and taking the risk. What if we could modify our stack at 50% price within 30 days (and say no more than twice and no more than 3 modules) from the date of buying the custom as a form of guarantee? Again, itā€™s only a customer suggestion, itā€™s not my intention to criticize or undermine your policy.

I doubt they get a 50% discount on API costs for having to rebuild your entire custom sub file just for changing out a few modules :wink:

3 Likes