Liminality custom Qv2

I can’t not be though. There are so many aspects of my life I’m deeply unhappy with and it’s like I have trouble doing anything action oriented to change it. I always feel like I should be doing more than I am.

Read the millionair fastlane or Unscripted by m.j demarco, it is a great start !

1 Like

Can you tell me more about how these books helped you out? I’m cautious of financial gurus.And this guy has a subscription based forum which is a huge red flag for me. In general I hesitate to take financial advice from those who make their income from giving advice vs living the lifestyle they say they have.

1 Like

I don’t have much to say right now, but this track hits the spot for how I’m feeling in general.

That’s funny, because one of the chapters in his book called "Beware of financial gurus " haha.
This book will change everything you know about acquiring wealth, what differentiate between most people(consumers) to the top wealth people(producers).

What is important in business, how to skew value for your product, your business as a castle filled with chess tools.

Fastlane wealth equation in contrast to slowlane wealth equation(producer vs consumer).

How to find your nich, how to standout in business, what are the hyper realities who suck away your time(entertaiment, social media etc)

I would give this book 11/10 because not only it motivates you like crazy to get out of the slow lane, it gives you the exact roadmap of what to do in order to achieve a succesfull business.

Also a very uesful tip from the book:
Make business to acquire wealth, use stocks, crypto etc to maintain wealth.

Buy it, you will not regret.
oh and m.j demarco is the most no b.s person there is, unlike most financial gurus

3 Likes

Thanks for the rundown. I’ll give it a shot and see if it sparks anything for me.

2 Likes

@Rusty1 I bought the audiobook yesterday, was listening on my commute to work. This guy is pulling the exact thoughts I’ve had knocking around in my head for years now. Thanks for the recommendation. This is definitely what I needed to cut the ties to that slow lane indoctrination I’ve had in my life.

It’s still early but I’m hoping I can put some of it to use. I don’t need the super wealthy stuff like he’s saying, but I understand where his head is at and not setting artificial limits on wealth generation.

2 Likes

Finally finished a track I’ve been sitting on for a month now. I need to stop doing that unless there’s a good reason to.

I’m working on balancing my music production between creativity and freedom and structure and planning. I’d say most of the time I have too much freedom and not enough structure so I meander and don’t finish. Part of my mind is reluctant to put boundaries in place because it seems like the opposite of creativity. But I’ve never given it an honest shot, I’ve just always had this sort of aversion to it. And what I’ve been doing hasn’t been working out too well so it’s time to change my workflow.

This is probably the ADHD but I have a defective gate in my brain. I’m incapable of funneling out things to use and things to disregard. When I see multiple options they are all there in my brain, whether I have use for them or not. So for example if I’m building a synth and I comb through all my various modules my brain factors those into my current build even if that wasn’t the original intention. Literally all of them, if I saw them my brain is thinking about it. This leads to overwhelm. It’s why I don’t do well with a lot of choices because I’m incapable of actually separating what I want.

This is a challenge I’ve had for years and I’ve tried to battle it internally which has never worked. So I need to work on the outside to create an environment that works for me vs against me.

This might be why I’m more heavily effected by the subs. My mind is just wide open and it all pours in.

Getting the urge to rebuild my very first custom but more tweaked. But i think this is reconciliation. Im finally getting momentum and i want bigger and more ambitious goals. However I have enough awareness to know AM hasnt fully integrated yet.

Listened to the love bomb prototype today. I don’t know what my intention is with it, but I just felt it was necessary. Seems to complement the whole supportive structure of my custom. So far it’s had an interesting healing effect, putting me first, thinking about my own health and happiness more, taking care of myself more, not allowing people to interfere with giving myself self love.

Basically going for my goals and pushing myself to be better, but not at the expense of my own health.

I’m also seeing a lot of negative beliefs and feeling the energy of them in my body. I’m allowing them to be there, but not acknowledging that it’s an inherent truth. I’ve realized I need emotional release but I also have to remind myself these aren’t facts. Some of them more painful than others. Like being unwanted. My logical mind says that’s not true but my feelings say yes. So there’s still work to be done there, I’ll know I’m good when these don’t feel bad anymore and I don’t react

3 Likes

Do I have more fear than the average person? Or does my perspective on life and how I want to radically define it on my own lead me to face challenges the average person doesn’t?

Difficult question. Having witnessed everyone I know go down similar paths I think there’s something to be said about the subtle influence of fear driving decisions. If you want to get metaphysical, maybe even a collective unconscious energy that keeps people in this routine. In reality transurfing these are known as pendulums, energetic thought constructs that are put together and maintained by the collective beliefs of others. They exert and influence on everyone, even those that don’t want to be a part of it.

I don’t have proof of that. But I also don’t know the nature of reality. What I do know is reality involves nature, which is a force to be reckoned with. And seeing as how humans are a part of that there’s something to be said about external forces exerting control on you, not just your own internal beliefs being the ball and chain. So the only thing you have 100% control over is your internal state and your decisions, which is why you have to be strong enough to not be led astray.

1 Like

Got about halfway through the Millionaire Fastlane Book. Started out strong, I thought it was going to build to something but there’s a lot of fluff. Going to try to make it through the rest of it, but it’s very repetitive.

I also don’t like how it’s essentially the authors belief system written on paper. Too black and white. I’m going to finish it, but I think this book is just another trap on wealth mentality/life in general. He makes some good points about time being your most valuable asset and not taking on unnecessary debt, but I didn’t need a book to tell me that. I’ve always felt that way, when I was pushed to go to college by everyone I only went to a community one because I didn’t know what I wanted. Graduated with an associates and I paid off my loans about 2 years ago. Then avoided the awful advice of “go back to college and build your skillset/get a better degree it’ll pay off, you’ll be in debt but you’ll be fine”. What a load of crap. Tuition is higher than ever, loans more unforgiving, and the job market still isn’t booming. Talk about a gamble, old world mentality still infiltrates the modern job market. It’s not the same, some people still haven’t caught up to that yet. I saw it when I was 20. I guess it’s alright if you’re going for a degree in something you really care about, otherwise why throw away money like that?

However I did start reading the Kybalion book again that Saint linked in another post. I think I’m more interested in learning to navigate life on a fundamental level, not within the confines of a socially constructed system. Still trying to figure that one out/ test reality.

1 Like

Feeling some inner movement more lately. I did 1 loop twice for this week instead of my usual 1. Still rough to get through, seems like a few hours after is when the recon hits heavy.

But I had this thought come into my head today and I’m just going to follow it as much as I can. I’ve always felt like an outsider and I felt bad because of it. But something told me today to just lean into it. Basically go to such an extreme that it’s polarizing. I don’t want to belong to the mundane and typical. I don’t want those paths anywhere near me, in fact I’d rather have them reject me and detour me towards stuff I’m in alignment with.

I don’t know how to explain it, but you know how a lot of things in nature seek equilibrium? I feel like if my self generated state and energy is so strong in a certain mindset, I’ll be “corrected”. I obviously do my part, but the currents of reality and the paths I’d end up down would be in my favor. Sort of like the universe taking a look at me and going “huh, what’s that doing there? That’s not right, lets move it over here”. I’m under no delusion that I’m master of my own reality, rather I exist in an ocean of energy constantly pushing and pulling. Trying to exert my will over a giant wave coming at me is both a waste of energy and will do absolutely nothing to push it away. Harmony, intuition, and working with the energy feels like it’s the key for me.

Decided to buy Paragon. A brief rundown of stuff that’s been bothering me.

I haven’t been able to eat lately. I don’t know if it’s stress or what, but I have a really hard time digesting things lately. Especially meat, I had to stop eating chicken because it would trigger migraines and depression. That combined with my inability to meal prep and plan things in advance, my diet took a real hit. And now that I’m back in the office at my job I can’t just randomly snack on stuff in my house. I was actually doing better working from home. I’ve always been a mess food wise, I’ve been off gluten for a few years now, dairy I tend to avoid as well. It gets difficult eating sometimes because it’s very easy for my fatigue to set in if I eat something wrong. I need to start food journaling again. I bought a book recently about diet related advice I have to read, but my focus has been shit lately so haven’t had a chance to read it.

I’ve been trying to correct my posture for a while now. It’s gotten better. But my thoracic region got destroyed when I was a kid carrying a heavy backpack improperly. Trying to straighten out my spine so it’s less curvy. In general try to release the lock ups in my body, there’s definitely some stuck areas. Feels like my alignment is out of wack and holding an office job hasn’t helped matters. These past few years I’ve corrected a lot but I’m hoping paragon accelerates it a bit.

General fatigue. All my life has been unending fatigue. Got bloodwork done, testosterone, thyroid, etc. no doctor could ever find anything wrong with my levels. Came to learn that this is incredibly common with people with ADHD so that might be a factor here. Never wake up well rested ready to start the day. I have to drag my ass out of bed daily, it’s gotten a little better but every day is like starting from 0. Also my mind really doesn’t wake up or start fully working until about 11am. From the time I wake up and then it’s like my brain is a computer from the early 2000s booting up. Exercise also has never helped, it’s actually worsened my fatigue. I’d like to start working out again, but I haven’t been able to.

Kind of just hitting this all with a shotgun approach to see what paragon can do for me. To be honest I’ve felt my body has been working against me for years now. But I’ve also dealt with really bad depression in the past and anxiety, so I know those take a physiological toll.

2 Likes

:+1::fireworks::trophy:

Sorry, man. If this was happening to me, I’d also consider Paragon.

1 Like

I’m still in the process of working out a schedule for it. I ran it yesterday to get rid of a migraine I felt was coming on and it really did help. I know ultimas are more short term, but I don’t want to overdo it.

1 Like

I am having an incredibly difficult time making the jump into a life full of music. I have no instrument skills, I’m inconsistent, of the songs I finish none of them are particularly good, and I often find myself struggling to write the simplest of things. To say reconciliation is rough would be an understatement.

I want to improve in all these aspects, but my biggest issue is time and energy. I wasnt fortunate enough to build a foundation as a kid, be part of a musical community, or even have anyone encourage music for me growing up. I have so much to get better at as an adult but I find it hard to keep up.

And I think the thing that troubles me the most is that the music thing isn’t exactly a strength at this point. But I have nothing else in my life. So everyone wants to talk about a plan B or a more realistic goal. Fuck that. That’s the type of thinking that led me into this mess and further away from a life I actually want to live. Still I’d be lying if I said I’m not afraid of my future.

It’s hard. And I don’t want to listen to the naysayers because where has that ever gotten me? But I’m having trouble figuring out what I have to correct in my life to get things going. I know for sure the job I have right now is sucking the energy out of me like a leech so that’s a start.

2 Likes

Reading that back, I don’t hate my music. I don’t think it’s terrible. It’s just not there yet. And I’m trying to be more brutally honest with my own stuff so I’m not in a bubble to protect my fragile ego.

I think the first step is commiting and being unapologetic for what music means to me. I feel it’s a very important part of my life. I struggle believing that because outwardly it doesn’t look like that. But a life where I don’t create? Makes no sense to me. For a long time I told myself that I shouldn’t need to make music to feel fulfilled. But that’s so dumb. Everyone else goes down a path that brings them fulfillment. What makes music any different? Sure it’s not as common but that doesn’t mean it’s not valid. Even though people love to voice that opinion like it’s some objective truth.

The fact is I’m different. But I’m not so different. I think I just haven’t found my tribe in day to day life so to speak. I know there are plenty of others out there like me, but this particular location I’m in is not it.

As usual, I relate.

There’s a part of me that’s conservative. It wants me to follow plans that are stable, steady, and socially conventional.

Other parts of me are just doing and thinking about exactly what feels true, feels right, feels genuine.

It’s been a challenge to reconcile those aspects of myself over the years of my life. I don’t think one is ‘right’ and the other is ‘wrong’. But the contrast between them does sometimes make it harder to set a course, and to move with intention.

One thing I know is that when we’re standing at a distance imagining how things are going to go, the scenarios we imagine are rarely the same as what will actually happen when we really get into that situation.

Worries, fears, and doubts can be useful, because they can help you to plan better and to protect yourself. But they’re rarely the same as genuine data. You worry and worry about problem A and then when you actually take the leap of faith and get into the situation, 5 times out of 10 you’re actually dealing with problem C and problem D that you never even predicted. And then you feel almost relieved when you have to face problem A sometimes. :rofl: It’s comforting to have at least been right about something.

I’m dragging my feet quite a bit on my own moves right now. It’s so easy to use the many distractions and responsibilities as reasons. I think the subliminals are helping with this part. Confidence in myself. Confidence in my vision. Confidence in the possibilities, seen and unforeseen.

I was reading an interview with Ludwig Göransson. He’s a young successful film composer. He was a friend or classmate or roommate with the director Ryan Coogler (Fruitvale Station, Black Panther). Somehow they were familiar with each other, then when Coogler made his first big feature, he brought Goransson on board.

I was reading the interview because I recently finally watched The Mandalorian tv series. I liked what was done with the musical score, so I went to look up who had composed it.

The interesting thing was that there was a very distinctive musical theme that pretty much shows up in the first 2 minutes of the first episode. It’s very effectively placed and used, so it’s quite memorable. A bit like Ennio Morricone’s whistle theme from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

Goransson talked about how for the world-building texture of The Mandalorian, he wanted to work more with physical instruments than with software. So he started playing around and eventually played a simple theme on a bass recorder. At first he threw it out because it was ‘too simple’, but eventually he created a more complex set of music and then integrated it with that ‘simple’ part.

Thing is, the ‘simple’ part is the part that I love the most. I can kind of take or leave the rest of it. I don’t love it because it’s simple. I just love the sound. The other parts were definitely harder to compose and orchestrate. They took skill; and he should be admired for that skill. But honestly, I don’t care. I like that first simple theme on the bass recorder. Eventually, I may even create my own version that just loops that part. hahaha.

The point of this long piece of sharing is to say that while complex musical arrangements should be admired; sometimes, you can also take the Erik Satie route and just make something that is beautiful, irrespective of its simplicity or complexity.

2 Likes

Yes it’s hard to know for me where strategic planning begins vs seeking safety out of fear. You’re right it’s not very black and white. But over the years I’ve definitely leaned far too heavily on playing it safe and it hasn’t gotten me what I need.

So true. I’ve come to realize that I’m pretty horrible at gauging how difficult something will be. But becoming more familiar with that reminds me not to invest too heavily into those predictions.

I know exactly what you mean. I often find myself analyzing parts like that and trying to figure out what makes it so special. But there’s never an answer. It’s more like the intent of the musician was captured in the performance or idea. It’s very easy to screw up a song by overshadowing those simple parts or losing the focus of them in the composition. I’m still trying to figure out how to add just enough core ideas of what I really want and building songs around that without adding too much or overthinking things. My insecurities often get the best of me and I think something isn’t enough.

Speaking of, one of my all time favorite house tracks.

Every time I hear this song I’m just in awe of how it can grab you and how direct and focused it is in its energy. To me it doesn’t matter the genre, it’s a universal thing when the essence of the creator is in the music itself.

I don’t really know why some artists have it and others don’t. That’s what perplexes me and I often wonder when that will click for me and my songs will have an identity to them. I think part of that is tied to my own growth and my growing acceptance with who I am. Being more comfortable sharing that with the world instead of being reluctant. Because if I unconsciously feel that, then I have no doubt that results in blockages that distort the raw creative visions I might have.