Less or more dreams with new anti-recon tech?

I don’t dream, at least I don’t ever recall I had one. After listening to refreshed stage 1 of DR, nothing changed. Still no dreams.

5 Likes

Thanks for the info. Curious to hear more reports.

Unfortunately this is the case with me while using zp . Dream recalling disappeared . Jus little dreams on the wash out period .

2 Likes

Oh no, not the dreaded side effect of less nightmares!!! I must pull ZP off the shelves!

13 Likes

Less dreams = good, in my books. Oura disagrees… but too bad Oura, I’d MUCH rather have deep sleep than dreams. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

No , what is happening with zp is not LESS dreams this is far away from the truth . ( We speak about recalling of dreams ) . Your recalling ability is diminished . Why herein lies the secret with zp .

1. Actually because you now have more dreams so you are not able to recall them .
  2. that’s why you are not supposed to play more than 2 loops , and if you played 3 m only you will start to recall your dreams

If you are attentive enough and read between lines, you will understand why recalling dreams is diminished with zp compared to other versions .

:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

• Diminished doesn’t mean BAD :wink:
1 Like

Same amount of dreams and the same type of dreams for me.

2 Likes

I would like to say that my dreams got really vivid to the point were I was reading out small tattoos while in the dream.

2 Likes

My dream recall dropped dramatically with ZP (even before anti-recon tech), unless Paragon is in my stack. I’m not sure why, but it’s very noticeable. Without Paragon, I wake knowing I had lots of dreams, but can’t recall any of them.

3 Likes

I didn’t say anything about recall, I’m just saying Oura thinks high amounts of REM is good, whereas I’d rather have high amounts of deep sleep instead.

I’m also on a washout week at the moment, so not listening to any ZPs, new or otherwise. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

My dreams while having Paragon in my stack were pretty nuts!

2 Likes

Interesting reports so far. Unfortunately, no scheme can be derived from this. The experiences are too different for that. Lets see how it goes on. The new tech is still young. But you can clearly see how individual the experience is with ZP before or after the refresh. One has more, the other can remember less of his dreams. Does better sub processing mean more dreams or less? Or do you only have more dreams when you hear a new sub for the first time? New stimulus.
According to my theory, dreams should be calmer under the new tech and turn into nightmares less often.
Also interesting were the two reports by @Jupiter and @sid, whose ability to remember dreams has decreased since they heard zp. The reaction of the subconscious seems to be more positive than before with q. Maybe that means that in these cases the subconscious is less stressed and processing takes place much more smoothly. In other words, the processing takes place deeper.
If i see a sub as a stimulus for the subconscious and dreams as a direct answer it would all make sense. Too strong stimulus leads to a harsh response.
Everything else that the subconscious processes at night moves within a certain framework that no one can explain. It’s all just a guess and I’m only writing this here because I’m passionate about dreams. They are just a door to our subconscious and that’s why it is so important to understand the messages. Anybody tried the sub DREAMS?
Let’s see what is reported next.

1 Like

I have an oura ring too. I am also seeing many times a small amount of REM like you and Deep sleep around 2 hours when I was listening to major titles.
But since I am listening to customs I have more REM and a little bit worse DEEP.
Yesterday I listened to two customs, both for 5 minutes.

4 Likes

Sorry , I misunderstand that from your first post .

This article is interesting , part of it talks that dreams are not confined only to REM stage

1 Like

I read that article and the only mention of the benefits of REM is when it says there are many benefits of REM… :stuck_out_tongue:
All I know is any night when my time in REM goes up and my time in deep sleep goes down, I wake up feeling still tired and much less refreshed than when it’s the other way around.

2 Likes

REM Sleep

There are several factors that can disrupt healthy levels of REM. Alcohol consumption too close to bedtime diminishes time spent in REM sleep. Stress, on the other hand, can extend REM sleep beyond normal levels. Too much REM sleep can actually leave you feeling tired the next day.

:point_up_2:

2 Likes

Not a huge change in the amount of deep sleep, but a TON more REM. Result? I could just BARELY drag myself out of bed today.

Yesterday, on the other hand, I jumped up ready to go for a run… I couldn’t, as I had to head into the office for meetings, but I felt like I could. Big difference relative to today.

3 Likes

Everyone please re-read this and meditate on this.

2 Likes

I love this thread. If you have an Apple Watch or Oura Ring, etc. please keep up with the sleep tracking and screenshots.

3 Likes

My dreams have felt much deeper lately. They seem to dive deep into specific topics; my issue is they’re not as vivid as my dreams were before. So I can’t remember them as easily.

All I know is I’ll be out and about doing whatever I’m doing, and suddenly a certain emotion, image, or even a tiny part of my dream will pop up in my mind with such clarity and then it fades within seconds…

And I sit there and think: “Wtf was that? What’s my mind trying to tell me?”

It feels like my mind is teasing me; it dangles the key to all my problems and then it vanishes before I can grab it. Very weird

3 Likes