Less or more dreams with new anti-recon tech?

Sorry , I misunderstand that from your first post .

This article is interesting , part of it talks that dreams are not confined only to REM stage

1 Like

I read that article and the only mention of the benefits of REM is when it says there are many benefits of REM… :stuck_out_tongue:
All I know is any night when my time in REM goes up and my time in deep sleep goes down, I wake up feeling still tired and much less refreshed than when it’s the other way around.

2 Likes

REM Sleep

There are several factors that can disrupt healthy levels of REM. Alcohol consumption too close to bedtime diminishes time spent in REM sleep. Stress, on the other hand, can extend REM sleep beyond normal levels. Too much REM sleep can actually leave you feeling tired the next day.

:point_up_2:

2 Likes

Not a huge change in the amount of deep sleep, but a TON more REM. Result? I could just BARELY drag myself out of bed today.

Yesterday, on the other hand, I jumped up ready to go for a run… I couldn’t, as I had to head into the office for meetings, but I felt like I could. Big difference relative to today.

3 Likes

Everyone please re-read this and meditate on this.

2 Likes

I love this thread. If you have an Apple Watch or Oura Ring, etc. please keep up with the sleep tracking and screenshots.

3 Likes

My dreams have felt much deeper lately. They seem to dive deep into specific topics; my issue is they’re not as vivid as my dreams were before. So I can’t remember them as easily.

All I know is I’ll be out and about doing whatever I’m doing, and suddenly a certain emotion, image, or even a tiny part of my dream will pop up in my mind with such clarity and then it fades within seconds…

And I sit there and think: “Wtf was that? What’s my mind trying to tell me?”

It feels like my mind is teasing me; it dangles the key to all my problems and then it vanishes before I can grab it. Very weird

3 Likes
1 Like

I have a different experience.

This is from a night after a rest day, before that I have been listening to 3 minutes.

When I have REM in red color which is below average (around 1h10min and less) I am feeling not complete myself and more tired during the day.

With blue normal color as you can see I have had 1h 31min, I am feeling quite normal.
With 5 mins with major titles I have mostly REM in red and therefore I am trying to monitor my REM sleep with 3 min and I have a feeling in my bones, that it will be it.

3 Likes