Le Journal de Palpatine™ (2023)

Something has come up 3 times so far over the past few days. People complimenting me on my glasses. My EYEWEAR!

I’m sitting here reading yet another book about Warren Buffett, and just remembered those remarks three different people told me: “I like/love your glasses!”

I don’t particulary like my glasses. I’ve had the same pair for years, but have never been able to justify getting new ones. I really haven’t been in a position to even get my eyes checked lately. Been a few years. And I’d rather figure out some way to restore my vision to 20/20 or better.

I am grateful that, for now, they help me be able to see relatively clearly and drive.

So it was weird in those moments “I like/love your glasses”.

When that recall of those incidents hit me just now, I was instantly thinking “Must be that new LBFH!” makes perfect sense

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

Damn that’s a badass cover!

1 Like

:thinking: cant remember that ive written that book.
Must have been on these old high days

1 Like

Sent to a dear friend tonight:

I want to escape the rut I’m in.
Just too tired to see a way out.
Work, come “home”, read (if I’m lucky and can stay awake while doing so). Maybe some TV. Sleep.
I wanna do great things and feel like it’s a struggle to even do the bare minimum or to do “good” things.
Vent/rant over.

4 Likes

That’s always a painful existence to endure.

1 Like

Yep. And to top it off, my cat is annoying me lately. Wife too sometimes.
Cat keeps following me around the room. Either “hold me daddy” or “feed me daddy”.
It’s wearing me down not having a sanctuary/office anymore.
I think if I were single I wouldn’t have a pet.

I’m a (mostly) loner homebody with nowhere to hide :joy:

2 Likes

I can very much relate. Grind to live is shit.

Especially if you’ve ideas, plans, ambitions that go sour because you can’t work on them.

3 Likes

(How) Do you “store” your ideas, visions, projects?

I write stuff in a journal, but a couple of months later, this spark and the energy that comes with it (in the sense of Hesse: “And in all beginnings indwells a magic”) is mostly gone.

1 Like

I don’t really store them. I just think about stuff deeply.

2 Likes

So I just finished reading “The Richest Man Who Ever Lived,” a book about Jakob Fugger. His net worth at the peak was the equivalent of over $400B in today’s money.

As I read the book, I found myself thinking about which of the 48 Laws of Power I saw in action.

He really did well with making himself Indispensible to others.
And not showing all his cards too soon.

Still thinking…

1 Like

Had a dream last night. Dreamt I was in a house I knew in the dream as my house. Primary residence, etc.

The house seemed very familiar and definitely felt like home. A small house.

At some point, I started wondering about the upstairs. Which apparently it was like discovering for the first time my house HAD an upstairs. But more like I knew in the back of my head about it and just forgot or hadn’t thought of the upstairs in a very long time.

I found my way upstairs, and the upstairs was somehow way larger than the ground floor. Like at least 5x or 10x as big. And I kept exploring the different rooms. Found a bathroom and got giddy “I have another bathroom! I can shit in peace!”

At one point, I decided to #2 (lol) and realized the bathroom door won’t shut. So I’m sitting there doing my business, and the door won’t shut, and at one point I realize the door is suddenly like a sliding privacy curtain, but only shuts like 5 inches.

And suddenly there are people in the adjoining room, sorta like a dining room. They’re having a dinner party, and keep glancing at me, half-disgusted, and half-laughing, at seeing me shit in my bathroom.

The remainder of the dream is realizing that upstairs is largely in a state of disarray, “There’s a lotta work I gotta do up here to make this place liveable!”

2 Likes

Finally feel ready to break my washout. Will do Primal, PS, Chosen.

747 posts on the dot. @RVconsultant or @DarkPhilosopher please close this journal, and I’ll BOEING over to a new one after running this stack :rofl:

EDIT: decided on 3 mins each of Primal, PS, Chosen, Heartsong, IrresistiBILL.
EDIT: I ran it. and wow. feeling wired as fuck. Feeling sexual. Can definitely see myself making this my stack for a cycle. Shuffling it each listen day to keep the SubC fresh. I’d add in Khan black if I wasn’t at 5 titles already.

This is gon be fun though.

3 Likes

I wonder, have you tried a full 15 minutes?

I’m still waiting on this journal to be closed. I’m at a new one now

I have done everything from 10 seconds to 15 mins for ZP, and hours on the old-ass tech. I’ve done it all, baby.

Ok, you can call me that :slight_smile:
I am asking because I recently discovered that for me 3 minutes is just underexposure and I am fully capable of doing the full 15 minutes. And I see results much faster than before.

I find subs seem to work faster with full 15. But I listen to shorter ones to get em all in a day. It’s a trade-off I’m willing to make most times.

1 Like

Stand by…

1 Like