Index Gate UP Solo šŸ¤˜šŸ¼

I havenā€™t had a journal here in a long time . Incredibly grateful to @SaintSovereign & @Fire for this amazing product.

15 Likes

Focus on a minimum of one hour study every day, or alternating between 30 minutes a day and an hour a day. I learned Unity throughly using this method. I also built a TON of little games just to understand how everything works.

Now, I can probably game jam a relatively interesting first person shooter in the course of a weekend.

16 Likes

5 Likes

They grow up so fast!

4 Likes

I can definitely do that.

3 Likes

is this method only apply to learning coding? or just studying method in general? what is this method called? personally iā€™ve been using pomodoro technique and it is pretty good too. might implement yours as well soon

1 Like

no special name for the method, I think. just study at least one hour a day to see a progress. itā€™s more about consistency, you know. but, for sure, that doesnā€™t mean 5 minutes of studies per day is enough.

3 Likes

Good luck @James I have faith youā€™ll be able to do it

2 Likes

Stacking this with EOG St 1. Not easy at times knowing that I have to be patient and think long term. Really tired of always seeming to be focused on how others around me are often able to afford to do the things they can while I miss events I would love to attend often because of my inability to afford whatever it is at the time.

4 Likes

Update to my stack. After a discussion with @Floridianninja for this cycle I am running five minute loops of Index Gate and Genesis. Next moth I will add in EOG St 1 while staying at five minute loops. The following month I will bump up the loops to seven minutes. After that I will increase the loops by two minutes each stage for each month until I am at fifteen minutes for the loop for each of the three titles.

This is an example of what will be my listening schedule next month:

Mon - Index Gate and Genesis
Tues - off
Weds - EOG St 1
Thurs - off
Fri - Index Gate and Genesis
Sat - off
Sun - EOG St 1

7 Likes

Dropped to three minute loops for this first cycle at least. Crazy recon like nothing before.

1 Like

Iā€™d have to guess itā€™s Genesis. I started at 3 minute loops and I still had some monstrous recon. Also you donā€™t have to up the loop time once you find something that works. I had to learn the hard way. Running my 3 minute loops then feeling like I had to graduate all the way up to 5 or 7 because I thought I was missing out on more results. Inevitably what happened when I bumped up the time was more recon and less results.

2 Likes

You can use this method anywhere. I donā€™t know if it has a name, itā€™s just something Iā€™ve always done. I also try to set goals for a session, as well as log all my progress. When I was practicing martial arts, I would set a goal for punches, kicks, etc. Consistency and a realistically rising goal when you beat the past goals are imperative for success.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Stick to it long term.

2 Likes

@James with love Iā€™m muting you if you donā€™t stick to the stack for at least 3 months

:joy:

4 Likes

That would be a nice leverage for anyone.

2 Likes

I think a lot of my issues recently come not just from recon but also from the overwhelm of trying to take on too much at once. Itā€™s why I have knocked down my loops to three minutes for at least this first cycle and why I am starting with five to ten minute long workouts to ease back into exercising.

My goal with doing things this way is to start the process of building good habits that I grow with

1 Like

Walking is pretty great for everythingā€¦ itā€™s a meditation for me, itā€™s exercise for me, itā€™s subliminal integration, itā€™s nature time, itā€™s downtime, itā€™s ā€œthinking and getting genius ideasā€ time, itā€™s recovery timeā€¦

As far as exercise goes, itā€™s definitely the most enjoyable IMO

3 Likes

Changed the name of the journal as I am running Index Gate UP solo. I have waited for this title and I feel like I fully understand how life altering and life changing these skills can be. I have been anxious about progressing because at times I donā€™t feel like Iā€™m intelligent or smart enough to do this but I decided today that I donā€™t care how many times I have to go through a certain or particular course . I am going to stick with this no matter what.

I started basic CSS this morning

I canā€™t allow my life to pass by any longer. I just canā€™t. Iā€™m done running healing subs at least until myself and family or in a way better position financially and with our living situation. That also includes me being employed in a much better paying job that challenges me intellectually and creatively.

5 Likes