How to plan a custom

As promised @Deadpool, here’s the thread :wink:

Yooo ladies and gentlemen,
Here are some general ideas and guidelines you should follow when making a custom, in order to make the most out of the investment you’re going to make:

1- Make sure you ran the main titles of the corresponding cores before;
I made this mistake myself with True Social, and I was so annoyed because I didn’t even realize why at first, until it occurred to me that I didn’t even know what TS would do, and yet I still added it to my first ZPT2 custom, making me regret when I was getting approached by strangers, and then talking too much.
So make sure you at least run 1 cycle with the main store title of your preferred core(s), to know what it would do for you.

2- While you can make a custom with 3 cores, it is best to avoid having more than 2, as it would HEAVILY diminish the ability to stack with other subs.
In my case, this caused me to feel some recon that made me not able to stack more subs with King ZP, and I was limited to only being able to run 1 more sub with it, or else it made me feel exhausted.
@Ice can also further comment on this.

3- keep your custom focused, and if you have multiple goals to tackle, then split the customs, but do not try to have more than 2 big goals per custom, or else you will dilute it to the point that it would make the results exponentially slower.

4- don’t just decide on the modules and order the same day, take at least a week or 2 (or even longer), to properly plan out the modules list, why?
Because the act of planning out the custom, and properly choosing the modules based on your goals, as well as having a strong conscious logic for the modules choice, is not only going to make you more certain of them, but it will also act like a conscious guidance for your custom’s results.

5- make a vision board or write down your goals somewhere (similar to product descriptions), and place it somewhere that is visible to you almost daily (I have mine as my wallpaper), as this will further keep you more dedicated to keep using the custom, as well as help you consciously remember the path that you chose with the custom.

6- when making the custom with 2 cores, make sure it’s well balanced, this can be achieved by having equal numbers of supporting modules for both cores (7 for each is a good number, with the remaining slots for enhancers).

7- lastly, don’t overthink it and end up with 5-6 results enhancers, most of them do the same thing but in different ways, and it’s better to limit yourself to 2, and stack AsC on the side.

8- don’t try to jump to ZPT or ZPT2 right away (just because you read others are using them), instead, play the slow game, and make your custom in ZP, run it for some cycles, till you feel like it’s fully integrated, then upgrade to ZPT, and do at least 1 extra cycle than the ZP cycles, and then remake in ZPT2.

This will help you with 2 things: 1- understanding what the modules are doing for you, and how like them, and 2- make sure you are not shooting yourself in the leg by jumping to a power where you can’t handle it.

If you have an idea for a custom you’re planning to make soon, apply these rules to them, remake the list, and then post it here for any extra tips :stuck_out_tongue:

Peace :v:t3:

35 Likes

Our prayers have been heard :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Working on a new custom is one of the most fun things, especially if you take your time. The process of truly challenging yourself and your goals, swapping modules you thought you’d include for sure for others after days of thinking.

3 Likes

Want a nice laugh?

I planned a custom for a month, ditched it and went ahead and made a sex icon custom at ZPT2 strength, instantly regretted it, and kept remaking because I didn’t feel satisfied, just to come back full circle and made the custom I was planning for a month, which not only has made me feel better, but also switched me back to how I was before all this customs shenanigans :rofl:

Don’t be like Invictus, make use of your brain cells :rofl:

5 Likes

Perfect summarization.
I like also that part about three cores. I have been thinking myself about making 3 cores custom but I see it would be a mistake.

Also trying the first major program alone is a very good point.
I am not sure about splitting 7 and 7 between two cores because sometimes the second core has only a supportive role like Libertine or Sanguine, but it does not matter anyway.

What do you think about an idea of a stack with 3 customs 2 cores and 10 modules each?

3 Likes

The reason for this is simple, you would be trying to execute everything at once, leading to much slower execution.

The 7s are just personal recommendations, however, even those cores can be enhanced upon with supporting modules (eg: Sphaera magnetica and Ethereal presence for Libertine, health codex and the wonder for Sanguine), but it would be best to keep those smaller titles as stacking subs, rather than making a full custom with them.

This would be fine, as long as they’re all focused.
However, trying to embody 6 different major titles would bite you in the ass :rofl:

For reference: I’m running 2 customs, one with just WANTED core, and the other with Stark + ME cores, and it’s more than enough.

2 Likes

I like my ass, I do not want to be bitten into it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can we see your both customs?

2 Likes

Soon :wink:

This is Wanted’s mystery in work :).

2 Likes

Ahahahah
Just creating some amusement for myself :wink:

2 Likes

Really, really weird. I think it was 2 hours ago I was debating putting together one of these when I was building my Emperor custom in the Q store :scream:

You syncin’ with me, brah??

2 Likes

Copy and pasting this for another way of looking at it:

Beautiful post here, @Invictus.

5 Likes

That’s what I am doing.

It works perfectly

4 Likes

Hahahaha Mind’s Eye magic :wink:

Thank you :pray:t3:

2 Likes

Definitely agree with this list, because every point made was the exact steps I took before ordering my custom on Thursday. I spent 2 months planning my custom after all, and my type of custom is easier to build than 99% of customs being made in the forum.

Be patient, be prudent, be methodical. Don’t be dumb.

Sidenote, I don’t think balancing the amount of modules with the cores is absolutely necessary; it ultimately depends on the nature of your custom and your intended goals for it. My custom is built around Muay Thai and my 2nd core is ME, but since my 2nd core’s inclusion centers around supporting the main core I don’t need to incorporate significant amounts of manifestation/visualization-related modules (I have 2). At the end of the day, it really depends on the goals that you have with it - that, more than anything, is what you need to make clear to yourself.

2 Likes

@Invictus Great advice. I will slow my roll. I’ve been working on my new custom for about 2 months. I will post my choices and get input before pulling the trigger. Appreciate you!:+1:

3 Likes

Have you been running Mystery?

Because I think these posts of yours are definitely showing true talent.

Hey @Seeker, haven’t seen you for a little while. Hope you’re thriving! And when you get a chance, check out these User Guides/User Suggestions from Invictus. I think this is the second one. Really great suggestions.

2 Likes

Excellent post, @Invictus. This thread will provide useful info for new users and can be one where we can come back to for the occasional reference.

I have come to many of the same conclusions over the course of making customs especially about:

• taking my own sweet time to make a custom. I put the cores and modules in a text file and keep “tinkering” it over the course of a couple of weeks.

• running the main store titles before making customs with the respective cores. Lucky for me I have run most of the titles from the main store even before the Q Store was created.

• choosing an almost equal number of modules for each core. I started doing this aftsr my 3rd or 4th custom. So when making a 3 Cored custom back in the Q and Qv2 days, I would choose around 5 modules per each of the 3 cores (plus Yggdrasil and Mosaic). Exception being if the 3 cores are focused on one goal like wealth (mogul, eog, RICH) in which case I go by what modules are needed to get the job done.

Making customs have become somewhat of an (expensive) hobby for me where it is fun to think about subconcious programming as if I am assembling a lego kit to make a thematic story (full of lego characters and environments) or acquiring a Warhammer army through painstaking painting and understanding the story behind the army units.

It also resembles RPG gaming where you suit up your character with weapons, armor, etc (Diablo) and like strategy in RTS games (Starcraft) where you think of ways to “command and conquer” your enemy/goals.

LEGO:

WARHAMMER:

STARCRAFT 2

DIABLO 2

immortal king

10 Likes

(slight tangent, but looking at the first picture was literally the first time that it struck me that Minecraft was basically computerized Lego. Watched my son playing that thing for years and this is the first time that occurred to me.)

But back to the point:

This is connected to @Invictus’ point 7, but for me a really big one is to let the customs serve your life goals; your process and your vision. A similar point was made in the previous post from @Invictus. And I agree with it strongly.

Also, regarding Doubt

Realize that you can–literally–advance to the stage of doubt. Sometimes doubt does not indicate that your vision is shaky. It indicates that you’ve been walking with that vision long enough that you’ve reached the limits of your current thinking. Now it’s time to try it out in reality and see what experience will show you.

There’s a similar point with designing a custom. Once the quality level of your planned custom rises above a certain amount; you will find yourself questioning and re-questioning slight changes. “But should I use this wealth-related module or that wealth-related module?

Once you’ve passed (roughly) the 85% mark in quality, you have a good custom. You have now reached the point of choosing between paint jobs on your Italian sports car. Not that a different paint color is meaningless, but whatever color you choose will not impact the underlying impeccable function of the car.

Final point: you are not dependent on the subliminal for all aspects of your personal change.

You do not have to say to yourself:

“Oh no! I have a job interview tomorrow, but I forgot to include the “Tying Shoelaces and Neckties” module into my custom!!!”

Don’t worry. You’ll be able to tie your shoelaces and your necktie without the help of a subliminal.

You can do many things—even most things—without listening to a subliminal. The subliminal is helping you to do it better, faster, and more effectively.

But one secret: the better your mind gets at working with the subliminals, is also the better it gets at creating results even without subliminals.

As you wear your exoskeleton…

…and jump over mountains and fly through the sky every day, your own body’s muscles and skeleton are still getting exercise and getting stronger. You may not be able to jump over a mountain without your special suit, but you’re still becoming much stronger than you used to be.

10 Likes