How do we die without dying?

Sounds similar to lying down in the coffin.

I found it most interesting that you mentioned the Mystery Schools of Eulis.

In our society we have formed an identity about ourselves which imprisons our true being, the Soul.

Like having a the might of a Glorious Sun, all that Light, all that beingness and feeling is then, in a way, morphed to a believe structure it must then conform to.

This is the ego and it is part of the “matrix” we live in.

Imagine for a second that we have creative abilities, much like God and that the lesser conscious parts of our minds are co-creating an illusion we live within.

The illusion, maya, the matrix or whatever you will, is compulsory to our Ego’s.

I am pleased by this thinking because those who seek must ultimately find.

This question being asked seems to have prompted my unconscious to notice an opportunity to utilize the Dying before Dying concept. Here is an example from my personal life where I died and gained immortality in a business situation.

In this case, the quitting is the death.

1 Like

Ego death is interesting. Something I’m thinking of more and more though, how do we distinguish what’s a physical problem in origin vs a pattern of thought? Granted thoughts are electrical impulses so they are physical. But the brain is just as much of a physical structure as anything else in our body and we all know how imperfect bodies can be.

I guess what I’m getting at here sometimes you can spend a lot of time chasing these ideas, but they might not even be the answer. There’s complexities to the human body that are absolutely insane and the balance of all those things in all the right places to keep us alive and well.

When I think of these higher concepts and how they relate to improved life I also think about my vision which has been terrible since childhood and I can’t see without glasses. It reminds me of mortality and it reminds me how there still are limits in place with things and we don’t know why.

Show of hands, who’s still got a sticking point they’ve been battling for years but still can’t break past it?

I’d say even with this newfound awareness it wouldn’t really be worth anything unless I could actualize it into something. I’ve been on the glow of hallucinogens before, it goes away if nothing in your reality changes.

I sound like a cynic here lol. It’s just we only ever hear about people that do these things and have life changing paradigms. It fails to account for those that still struggle in some way. And there’s an inherent bias that can make it seem like some ultimate answer when it’s only a piece of the puzzle.

2 Likes

Worthy reminders. Help us to stay grounded.

Yet…

There are counter-examples for each point.

The way you relatively effortlessly learned to walk, and to talk, and to read, for example. And you did all of this using this complex, imperfect brain and body.

Enlightenment is not about being without flaw.

It’s actually about the recognition of Perfection within the constant flow of chaos and order, within the ever-present interplay between limitation and ability.

Ego death is an unfortunate term.

What dies is not the ego, it is the dysfunctionally excessive influence of ego-based views.

When the Geocentric view of the Cosmos “died”, neither the earth nor the sun actually vanished. They’re still here.

Perfectly imperfect. Powerful. (Like you)

What changed is that they were now contextualized differently.

We gained access to an enhanced, additional frame that enabled us to see, to do, and to imagine more than we previously had.

(And, of course, this did not somehow end mistakes. If anything, it enabled greater and more numerous mistakes…and successes.)

2 Likes

I like how you applied this idea to that circumstance. That makes a lot of sense to die a certain death in a specific area voluntarily, before you actually have to do it later.

Of course, it’s technically “a waste of time” because we have no idea if it does anything.

Still, I like pondering with these things, and since the first meetup with spirituality opened my mind up to many things that I still enjoy, I do see there could be benefits in everyday life, specifically around fear.

2 Likes

I definitely went off the rails a bit with my post. I think your idea for a sub is a very interesting one for experimentation. I think that video just rubbed me the wrong way. It’s really common for people to look in the past and think things were done better. In this example all those stories could very well be the equivalent of modern day Instagram highlight reels. Aimed at the presenter of that video, not you btw.

Well, in this specific case we know from tests with psychedelics that there ARE crazy enlightening benefits with DMT, etc.

Sure, not everything was better in the past, but consciousness was definitely higher (it’s intentionally lower these days) which is def something to strive for. Minus the slavery and all that shit :wink:

2 Likes