How Buddhism changed my life

I’ Also allowed to guide people into going through now. Since I have 4 attainments. Most my clients get stuck at 8th jhana though . Not super much guidance to give there only a bit :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice guys @Melior, @Tobyone and @SwedishBuddha, I have written down all the instruction notes from this forum topic / thread.

I never thought I’d be so enthusiastic to meditate, the other way I learned felt like a waste of time and I struggled with motivation. I think I did a 21 day meditation course on mindfulness and barely noticed any results.

There is an interesting story too - I actually did a metta meditation many, many years ago when I read a book called “A Path with Heart” by Jack Kornfield. The book helped me a lot at the time I read it, and I remember doing this loving-kindness meditation a couple of times and feeling good, but life kicked in and I didn’t form a regular practice. I had no idea about metta meditation and such at the time, but I thought it was interesting how this knowledge can be rediscovered with new eyes and a fresh perspective.

3 Likes

I remember reading someone saying in article somewhere that it’s actually a big mistake to recommend people to start off with mindfulness meditation when metta meditation gives noticeable results much faster and has effects throughout the day. This is supported in research studies too.

Sounds like you’re a good case study of that. :muscle:

3 Likes

I honestly don’t know much about Buddhism but does that make you an arahant or something?

Indeed, it’s not unlike me to do something back-to-front! :blush:

1 Like

No sakadagami. Arahant is 8 attainments

1 Like

If you guys want to go deeper into How the mind works. I highly recommend you to study dependent origination as well.

And start noticing Dukha, Anicca and Anatta

2 Likes

But it all depends on your goal with the meditation. If your goal is just to feel more love and happiness.

Just Follow the basic instructions. Metta to spiritual friend . Focus on the wholesome during the day. And 6r the bad.

Also never use the question Why on a negative emotion. Because it’s reality cementing question.

If you ask Why do I feel bad your brain comes up with reasons .

Why can be good on positive emotions though . Why am I so great

4 Likes