How Buddhism changed my life

I guess you need to leave a space in between 2. 4. And the I.

Ohhh that worked

1 Like

It took me 4 times to be able to complete the meditation. The first 3 times I experienced lots of rejection emotionally, the first time I even felt physical pain… well I was experiencing heavy recon on that ocassion so that was a factor. None of those times I could finish the video, I had to stop it.

This morning it was different, I flowed easily and blissed out completely. Im gonna do it one more time with the video and then on my own.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Happy to hear .

You just 6 r all sensations, emotions, .

There’s Also a forgiveness version of TWIM, But since you felt bliss don’t think you necressarily need it

1 Like

7344vy

2 Likes

There are 2 things you want to experience to see if you are ready to move to the next step

1. Your spiritual friend starts smiling back.
  2. The metta energy moves to the head .

Do not force this. Don’t focus hard on making your spiritual friend smile or moving the energy .
I don’t usually tell these 2 signs in coaching.Because ego might interfere

But figured it can help you see if you are ready for the Test.

1 Like

The noble eightfold path

This is Why I love Buddhism. They even say to not trust their spiritual teachers But always go after your own experience .

4 Likes

Also funny had a interesting conversation on TWIM compared to other meditation .

And even thoguh concentration meditation can get you into insane experiences. Maybe even too intense Because you are still suppressing.

Concentration meditation don’t Follow you as much in daily life. This is Why I really love TWIM.

When your subconcious start doing 6 r for you and even sending metta stuff gets wild.

Add lbfh to make it even more metta. It’s just so cool How everything floats together.

2 Likes

Another note about This practice and healing . Since you feed the wholesome you automaticaly become more happy and joyful.

Buddha was a smart dude😂

2 Likes

Another interesting thing is , Not all emotions are equal it’s very common for green stage people to be like every emotion is equal. Im gonna sit in shame or anger.

But unless you are in apathy it’s always beneficial to focus on the wholesome

Would you recommend practicing both concentration and TWIM meditation, since there may be benefits to concentration practices that TWIM may not have?

I completed a 30 minute guided metta meditation this morning and the time flew by, whereas I always struggled with the breath concentration meditations, barely being able to do 10 minutes. I’m going to prioritise this into my daily practices because I think it might be a game changer. I experienced the feelings of loving-kindness and joy during the meditation which caused small tears to form around my closed eyes. It was a great feeling and afterwards when I was interacting with my son, it was like my perception had completely shifted. Thanks for sharing the knowledge @SwedishBuddha, @Tobyone, @Beowulf.

3 Likes

Glad you’re liking it :blush: Just make sure you are not changing any of the steps, it works the way it does for a reason. It might be tempting for some to invent their own steps. I do also agree on how easy it is, and the more Metta you generate the better it feels to just sit and bask in it, you don’t get that in concentration single pointed meditations.

1 Like

A question about steps 1 and 2:

As a beginner, should I meditate only focused on sending metta to myself for the full session?

In this morning’s session, I started with myself and then switched to sending metta to my friend, but I noticed after a time the feelings ran out and I had to go back to sending metta to myself.

1 Like

IMO

You can safely assume that if you really run out even if you say the little sentences to help you feel, you can come back to you.

And even if somehow you feel Confident back again to send it to your friend, then just do it

The basis is no stress, do what you can, you’ll get better anyway

1 Like

OK, that makes sense. Thank you for the good advice.

1 Like

In the beginning (like 1 week or so) I was told to just send it to myself. This is because it is usually easier in the beginning to send it to yourself, and also you learn to build up the feeling. If you don’t feel anything or the feeling stops, no worries just keep going, it’s part of the practice and you get to explore. Don’t try to force the feeling. Also it might help to imagining being at your core a sun or a candle that just sits there emenating infinite energy, it never runs out.

Tonality when you say the phrases also matters, be sincere and really mean it. In the beginning, you will easily get distracted, and that’s a good thing because every time you 6R, you are purifying and replacing it with something wholesome. I imagine that every single time I do it, that I’m emptying out a container, it’s finite and will run out but I just don’t know how many time it will take, but it will :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nah would not recommend both . Because Then you miss a lot of purification.

However I would recommend doing it constantly during the day .

1 Like

You Do just yourself one or 2 weeks . Then spiritual friend.

If you lose the feeling you 6 r and bring the feeling of metta back .

Also don’t Add steps, Don’t change the practice at all.

When you release don’t think about a cloud floating away. And so on.

Yea This meditation is a true gamechanger. A Guy I coached went from depression been in therapy for 2 years . To feeling quite happy in 2 weeks

1 Like