Headphones Query

Is it important or a requirement to have for Ultima a frequency range below 20hz ?

Thanks!

No. :+1:t2:

Does the extra bass alter the subs?

Flat response (non-Bass) is strongly recommended for Ultimas.

2 Likes

Would wireless/bluetooth be an issue?

I donā€™t think so. Bluetooth devices have been recommended and used by a lot of people in this forum.

I understand the concern though. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Are these headphones good enough for Ultima?

I donā€™t like the ā€œpowerful bassā€ part.

On the Onedio site, it says the Frequency Response is 20Hz-20KHz; thatā€™s ok.

has anybody tested both the Sennheiser 280 Pro and the Audio-Technica ATH-M20X and compared the two in regards to effectiveness with Ultima and comfort while using?

@SaintSovereign I have seen that you recommended the Sennheiser in the past but more recently recommended the Audio-Technica M20X. Is there any reason for this or only due to the M20X being the cheaper ones?

1 Like

No reason other than price. And donā€™t overthink this ā€” flat response is all youā€™re really looking for.

3 Likes

can i use wired average priced(25$) earbuds for Q strength or ultima?
and if i do, how much less effective is it compared to using flat headphones?

You sure can.

We designed Ultima to work with flat response headphones and Iā€™m sure they give better results. That being said, Iā€™m using some of those cozy sleep phones things and getting good results.

2 Likes

@SaintSovereign
This may sound like a stupid question but Iā€™m just wanting to make sure: does it matter if you switch the left and right channel of the headphones? The cable of the headphone is running on the left side which is annoying on the HD280 Pro headphone while working so I want to turn them around so the cable is on the right side.

Iā€™m sure that this is fine, just wanting to make sure since the left and right brain side got different functions and I donā€™t know if you progam some signals on purpose on the right or left headphone channel.

I understand your question.

I switch the left and right all the time and still get results.

Also keep in mind that unless there has been specific neurosurgery or severe head injury, there are bands of tissue that should be in tact that transfer information from one hemisphere to another. So that means if you hear speech in either ear you can still understand it because it gets over to Brocaā€™s area thanks to tissue like the corpus callosum.

1 Like