Headphones Query

They’re alright… can’t say they’re optimal for Ultima use. Ideally, you’d want something a bit more high-end, but this SHOULD work.

3 Likes

Thanks for the answer, Saint. Do you have a recommendation that’s a bit cheaper than the HD 280s? I understand that flat response is optimal? I don’t know much about headphones, honestly…

I used to use cheap headphones for some time and I got very good results but after switching to Sennheiser HD 280 the results improved, especially if it comes to Ultima. The same when I switched from a descent mp3 player to my phone whose sound quality is better.

You had an mp3 player with a speaker?

No no, I’ve always used headphones. A couple of days ago I switched from that mp3 to my phone and I noticed an improvement in the results. Then I figured it was about the quality of sound on both devices

Any of the Sony MDR earphones – even the cheapest ones – have a mostly flat response, and a frequency range of 5-24kHz.

Only avoid the ones that specifically mention Extra Bass.

1 Like

Oh ok, I see.

I’ll check them out now :slight_smile:

1 Like

MP3 player

has anybody tried out Airpods with Ultima and getting results?

I use the Sennheiser HDs and Airpods and both work well.

2 Likes

The HD 280s, or a different set?

Yes, the HD 280s.

Is it important or a requirement to have for Ultima a frequency range below 20hz ?

Thanks!

No. :+1:t2:

Does the extra bass alter the subs?

Flat response (non-Bass) is strongly recommended for Ultimas.

2 Likes

Would wireless/bluetooth be an issue?

I don’t think so. Bluetooth devices have been recommended and used by a lot of people in this forum.

I understand the concern though. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Are these headphones good enough for Ultima?