Headphones and speakers for ultima?

When listing to subs, I do switch off ANC. As ANC clearly alters the sound of the tracks. For regular music I don’t mind and leave it on. However , the main reason for getting the XM3’s was because of LDAC codec support.

Might opt for a studio headphone in the future though . But convenience wise, nothing beats a wireless headphone for me aha.

1 Like

Yeah I like noise cancellation headphones but I do have one set of headphones. Which are the LS50X Snoop Dogg Limited Edition Headset, that does have a flat no EQ mode which I use for the subs I run.

1 Like

I was wondering if it is okay to use earbuds with Ultima and any other audio format? I read the instructions but I did not see anything addressing this question.

So far I have not gotten a definitive answer

1 Like

@SaintSovereign

Earbud question above.

Personally @spiritman23 I always use flat response headphones with Ultimas.

2 Likes

Do I have to buy Limitless, because I don’t really get the concept of flat response :stuck_out_tongue: Does using it on Bluetooth affect this? I have a cable I can use if I want to, should I?

Don’t overthink it. Most headphones have a built in equalizer that colors the sound. For example, the older models of Beats by Dre used to artificially boost the low-end (among other changes) to give it that signature bass sound. With Ultima, you want a “flat response” set of headphones / studio monitors that won’t apply any modifications to the sound.

1 Like

Ok thanks for the clarification :slight_smile:

can wired earbuds be used for regular q titles?
or is it also better to use headphones for these?

This is a good question.

I have used wired earbuds with Q, and gotten results.

It’s with Ultimas that I make sure I use the flat response headphones. I do use headphones with Q titles, but I don’t know if it’s better. Personally I use flat response headphones with Q because I like to, and they really cut out the ambient noises (and I do NOT use noise canceling headphones).

2 Likes

Has this question ever been answered ? I am looking for a set of flat response earbuds (wired) to use with my custom Ultima. I have seen a few that appear to be good quality, but the frequency range does not go as high as 20kHz, which I believe is what you need for the ultrasonic component. I already have the Sennheiser 280s, and I need something that I can wear at work and when out and about. Any suggestions @SaintSovereign or @Fire ?

I use Denon AH-C50MASR Studio Quality In-Ear Headphones with 1-Button Smartphone Remote Silver.

These are the closest thing with flat response in ear headphones. They work well for my Ultimas. You can tell they are flat when you listen to other music. Orchestras are much better. Metal way less bass.

3 Likes

If I had to get earbuds, I would get these:

1 Like

Thank you guys for the suggestions. Looks like the Denon earbuds would be perfect and they go to 23kHz, but I think they might be discontinued. I will search for them. RV have you used earbuds with Ultimas ?

No. Only flat response headphones.

I had used Ultimas with cheap earbuds, it did work a little bit.

When I lisen to Ultimas
with earbuds it’s ok
with speakers it’s :so so la la
With Studio Headphones : BOOOOMMMM

1 Like

I agree with the BOOOOMMMM mate!

1 Like

I use AKG K 240 Semi-Open Studio Headphones. Had them since July 2020 before I ran SubClub subliminals. Bought them at $90 CAD from Amazon.ca

Thanks for your suggestion. Still deciding on what to buy. I do have good headphones but I’m looking for something smaller and less conspicuous, and easier to travel with.

Thank you for your recommendation @Pyro. I bought the Denon earbuds and they arrived today. The sound is very clean with amazing clarity. I tried them out on some music and it sounds like you can hear every note played. With the subs, they sound very similar to the Sennheisers, and much better than my Sony earbuds. :grinning:

2 Likes

I am very glad they worked out for you! I am also glad they sound similar to Sennheisers since I only use in ear headphones.

1 Like