Ecstasy of Gold - Now or Never

I read in two three journals but people dont feel this urgue or motivation that is expected in eog? Any clue why?

3 Likes

i just reread your journal. There are 2-3 posts while you ran ST3 you mentioned you were super productive even when you didnt feel like doing something. Maybe you need to think again about ST3

4 Likes

Goddamn guys, AM is just what I need. Hereā€™s whatā€™s been going down.

1. I will find myself needing to make an important phone call but making an excuse to do it later or not do it. I start doing something else and then 10-20 minutes later I just simply find myself picking up the phone and making the call. As if something beyond myself is taking the action. This happens all the time now.

2. I one day just ā€œhad the ideaā€ to start going to a coffee shop in the morning to get a couple hours of work done. Iā€™ve been going daily and staying for 5-7 hours and working with very little wasted time on distractions.

3. Iā€™m feeling a passion for what Iā€™m doing now and actually looking forward to it. I find myself spending hours at night watching learning materials to improve my business and my desire to watch Netflix or whatever is all but gone.

4. Iā€™m on the verge of closing two 5 figure deals, one by the end of month and one by Christmas. The parties involved are just planning out what I will deliver and on what timeline, and also getting the contracts approved with both our attorneys.

Maybe I should start a new AM journal.

Now, what I also found is daredevil is NOT for me!

On dating apps my MO has been to just chat, be funny, be cool, chill. And at least half the girls after a few days will eventually offer their number saying ā€œletā€™s get off this appā€. And then THEY suggest meeting up.

With daredevil, I found myself really quickly after just a handful of back and fourths taking aggressive initiative and suggesting a meetup really fast. They all agree to the date because obviously there was some attraction since we matched.

But this week I have had 3 out of 4 girls cancel the night of - like a couple hours before our arranged time. And the one date I did go on didnā€™t lead to anything. This is very out of character for how my usual dating app experience has been with my ā€œold tried and true wayā€.

EDIT: in addition, I have been casually seeing a couple mid twenties girls. With one of them I found myself getting really aggressive on the ball busting (old school David D DYD style). And it was just overkill. Attraction and (sex) was already there. Soooo unnecessy and almost drove her away. Had to backpedal a lot. Totally my faultā€¦Just be cool man!!

So daredevil is OUT.

One last important subject is my listening schedule.

I will play one instance of AM. It stops because I donā€™t have it on auto repeat. So then I might play it again right away if I happen to catch it. Or, I might not realize for a while and start it up again an hour or more later.

This has lead to an average of maybe 5-8 times spaced out through the day. And no subs at night.

Itā€™s working out REALLY well for me, and intuitively feels right - For me.

Anywayā€¦thatā€™s my update.

9 Likes

I still dont understand why you will remove Daredevil. Maybe listen a few more days and evaluate. Maybe you didnt have enough exposure yet to unlock full potential

2 Likes

@rising pretty simple.

Iā€™m pushing 40. Iā€™ve been through those days of testing everything night in night out with very OLD OLD school pua stuff.

This would probably be amazing for a shy youngster that canā€™t talk to girls to save his life.

But at this point, dating is not really a struggle. I lay back and girls are interested.

My focus is wealth, status, and a rock solid sense of self. Mostly in business, and non-dating applications. Itā€™s just not what I need right now.

2 Likes

@rising on second thought, maybe I jumped the gun on ya. Sorry for that.

Maybeeee it was daredevil that was getting me to make those phone calls. At the expense of my dating life???

I put in a couple listens a day for a week.

Hmmm very good insight my man.

1 Like

if dating isnt something you need help with then definitely you dont reaaaally need daredevil i agree

Iā€™ll have to check but I believe I am around 10 days on ascended mogul. And still running EoG ST4 a couple times a day.

I feel like anything is possible and Iā€™m taking massive, daily action in my business. I also seem to be getting a lot of attention from older women when Iā€™m out.

I have a theory on EoG. At least for myself. Iā€™m sure 4 months of EoG alone fundamentally changed me in some way. However, I donā€™t think my deep issues are tied around money. Iā€™ve always had enough money to live a fun, comfortable life. I was huge into gambling and betting in my early 20ā€™s, and day traded stock options for 2 years. So I have no fear of losing thousands of dollars in minutes, and also gaining large amounts in minutes. Iā€™ve always been great at saving and budgeting as well.

My issue is feeling unworthy and below others. This limited me in that with sales calls etc. if the other party was intimidating, alpha, authoritative or confident I would always feel subservient, beta, fearful and shy away from even attempting the sale.

For me itā€™s an issue of self worth and feeling below other people. Rather than a money issue. And the alpha + motivation of AM is really doing me well.

I wonder if something like Khan > Mogul > limit destroyer would be good for me?

EDIT: to better sum up my thoughts, I do know people that EoG would probably work well for. The type that starts spending the paycheck they will receive on Friday the Monday before. The type that when they receive a large sum of money, their car breaks down, they get drunk and blow $1k at the club, and their roof starts leaking.

For most though, including myself, I think money is just a reflection of our inherent self worth or lack there of. Iā€™m afraid of anyone that can portray just slightly more confidence or authority. And thatā€™s what is holding me back. Not a fear or self sabotage of money itself.

8 Likes

Great report, man!

1 Like

Will you write your conclusion/review of EoG anytime soon? You said a few things here and there, but it sure would be nice to have a clean post where you reflect on your experience

1 Like

You make me want to drop down from Emperor and AM to just AM for few weeks. With your results. I think I went to advanced too fast :thinking:

2 Likes

I have been working everyday at least 5 hours at the coffee shop. Super productive. Until today.

Today was my first day where things just werenā€™t going my way. I got to the coffee shop and it was packed. My laptop was only at 35% charge and I forgot my charger. In spite of this I got a couple hours of work in and accomplished my main, most important objective for today. I then went home and took a nap.

On another note, I completely deleted all my dating apps. I cannot tell you how freeing this has been! I was going on 1-2 new dates a week and still seeing previous girls. I believe this was just an avoidance tactic for me similar to substance abuse. Deep down I knew I was avoiding handling my business and financial situation. And this is why deleting my apps was so freeing and just a huge weight off my back.

From here on, itā€™s just me and work. I basically have a clear schedule with only work until Christmas and Iā€™m really excited about this.

3 Likes

Quick update:

Iā€™ve upped the number of AM through the day to about 8-10 listens. And EoG ST4 still a couple times. No night listening.

1. Productivity is off the charts, and Iā€™m loving it. Like I canā€™t be unproductive for too long or I get stir crazy.

2. My action is super focused. Money making activities first thing.

3. Iā€™m waking up at 6am. Getting a quick and intense workout in and a 15 minute meditation. At the coffee shop by 8am.

4. Iā€™ve noticed Iā€™ve been very impatient driving lately. Like yelling at people who are driving slow or stupid.

5. Taking a complete break from dating is just what the doctor ordered. Itā€™s time to build a successful business!

7 Likes

Seens like you are getting nice results. Did you ever use emperor

2 Likes

I used v1 for about 10 days. It was my first subclub sub and I had bad depression reconciliation so bought AM immediately and switched.

1 Like

Interesting,

Last night I accidentally fell asleep with AM and EoG ST4 on repeat, and just kept it going today.

Iā€™m definitely experiencing some reconciliation, itā€™s a now very familiar feeling from ST1 and ST2.

This time however, I can kind of remove myself from it and observe and kind of enjoy it.

Also this round, itā€™s not laying me out. I was still productive todayā€¦just an empty, depressed productive haha.

2 Likes

I think this is whatā€™s happening with me too. I felt depression, fear, and discomfort, but I learned in my 20s and 30s to just say ā€˜eff itā€™ and do things anyway. Seemed like if I was waiting for my feelings to be okay and comfortable, I might be waiting forever. So I just would treat feelings like weather and do things anyway. That helped me, I think. But now, itā€™s hard to tell if reconciliation is happening. I guess it might be.

1 Like

Thatā€™s amazing! If you really do see your feelings as just weather or clouds in the sky thatā€™s freedom. All thoughts come and go, all feelings come and go. When youā€™re not identified with the thought or the feeling then it really doesnā€™t make much difference when youā€™ve got things to do and places to be! Thatā€™s how many sages talk of feelings and thoughts too, just weather or clouds in the sky. The sun is always there no matter what the weather, itā€™s just temporarily covered over. Itā€™s kind of like how the three principles crowd talks about things, itā€™s so simple and yet if you see it itā€™s truly powerful and life changing.

3 Likes

I know that sages and such talk about the changes of the mind as weather, and about being identified with the sky rather than with the constant changes that pass through the sky. That transcendence is a lofty ideal, and I have not achieved that. In my case, I just added 10 or 15% more stoicism in order to get a little bit more done. And it was because there was no choice. I havenā€™t transcended. Sometimes I reframe a situation, sometimes I dissociate, and sometimes I try to remind myself that ā€˜thoughts and feelings are only thoughts and feelingsā€™. Iā€™ve made some progress, but I havenā€™t worked through most of my thoughts, feelings, and issues. In other words, thereā€™s a long way to go.

True transcendence would involve a complete integration of thoughts and feelings as well as an expansion beyond them. I havenā€™t done that.

I am just saying that my coping style of ā€˜just getting through itā€™ might have made it harder for me to be aware of reconciliation at times.

ā€“And now back to your regularly scheduled @HappyHero journalā€“

4 Likes

Day 12 of AM (now at about 8-12 listens) with a couple EOG ST4 per day.

First of all I have lost my desire to watch any regular Netflix etc. at night, or even football on the weekends. It just doesnā€™t appeal to me, all I want to watch are youtubes and programs in my library that will improve my business/financial situation.

I have also cut out all alcohol and am eating a super clean, super healthy diet for the last 3 days.

And, I am naturally waking up at around 5:30am to 6:30am after 6-7 hours of sleep. I would prefer to be in bed by 10pm but Iā€™m just not tired and feel a fire to either work or watch programs that will improve my business skills and knowledge so I havenā€™t been able to even think about sleep until about midnight.

However, the most impressive result that Iā€™ve noticed over the last few days, is something that has plagued me as long as I can remember. Any time I would catch or sense someone looking at me - friends, strangers on the street, girls, bums, anyone - I would get VERY self conscious and uncomfortable.

These past few days though, it doesnā€™t even phase me. If I spot someone looking at me Iā€™ll hold eye contact, or majority of the time as I have no interest in these people, my gaze will just carry on as normal past them and there is ZERO self conscious or uncomfortable feelings whatsoever.

This is such a freeing and amazing feeling. This self-consciousness from when others attention is on me has been such a ā€œnormalā€ part of my life for so long, that with it gone itā€™s like seeing/feeling the world in a whole new way. Like when finding out you need glasses for the first time and actually being able to see. Or more like have back pain or an ache for so long and then you finally fix it. Iā€™m not doing a good job at describing this but I love it regardless.

9 Likes