Dragon Reborn A New Life

Well this is a load of BS. This is my pseudo zen states I get in. The ones that have caused me headaches for years because I refuse to acknowledge emotions. What am I afraid of feeling? Or moreso why am I afraid of being anything less than 100% put together? I keep waiting for this fictional state of completion. That’s been my whole life. I’m beginning to realize it’s really just a projection of my deepest insecurities out into the future. Like one day I’ll be this, so I don’t have to concern myself with what’s actually going on in my own mind. But what’s currently going on IS me. It’s always been me. That future projected self is just a desire to escape pain or things I’m uncomfortable with.

Having said that I stumbled across a marketing course for music licensing and building passive income through music. It made me think about what Saint said about pathways to manifestation. My first step is just reading the course and learning more about it, then I’ll go from there. It’s hard for me. I’ve never actually followed through with monetizing my music in some way. I always thought “what if it’s terrible and soul sucking? What if I’m making music for the soulless corporate entities or media I’ve grown to despise?” And then I realized I’m just afraid. I don’t actually know what the outcome would be like. And if I never even attempt it, I’ll really never know. It’s funny because someone commented on the guys beat and was like “tbh that beat is trash though” and the guy was like “well just goes to show you even trash can make you money”. I thought to myself damn, what an interesting way to look at it. And I need to start doing that. Stop thinking everything I make has to be a masterpiece and is a reflection of my worth. Vanity and validation seeking kills music because too much ego kills music.

And then of course there’s the doubts. I can’t play an instrument. I barely finish songs as is. I’m insanely self critical of my own work. I think it needs to be 100% or it’s nothing. I think I have to be amazing at what I do for people to even begin to even glance my way. There are people out there doing what they love and having fun and getting paid and they don’t give a shit how good they are. Yet here I am beating myself up every day because I feel nothing I do is ever good enough. Am I jealous? Yeah and to be honest I get angry because I can’t be like that.

Sort of related I finally switched my DAW. I’ve been using the one I use, Reaper, for years now. And I never felt like it “worked” for me. There’s all this customization you can do, but I never followed through. Felt like a fucking idiot with everyone else on forums and stuff saying how powerful it was. I never left because 1. I felt like I’d miss out and 2. I felt like I was a failure in some way for not getting it to work for me. But I finally bit the bullet and made the switch yesterday. New one is very intuitive, it feels nicer, looks nicer, overall I don’t feel as stressed using it. I just wish I switched sooner vs blaming myself for not trying hard enough to get something to work. You can have all the tools and options in the world, but it’s pointless if it doesn’t aid you in doing what you actually want to do. And in my case too many options and too much of me needing to invest time and energy into setup results in disaster when all I want is something to get my ideas out as quickly and efficiently as possible. Not how “powerful”.

Welcome to the insight accompanied by the temporarily self-loathing that DR can bring on.

Hang in there. You can always take another rest day or reduce the loops. Relief should be imminent.

If possible, you could try a chaser of Sanguine.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m actually on one of my two rest days at the moment. Seems like the rest days are the days that actually hit me the hardest. So I’ll see how I’m feeling tomorrow. Sometimes it’s hard to tell when I need to keep pushing vs take a step back. I’ve actually been listening to SanguineU almost every day during the week, usually in the afternoon. It’s been helping.

One thing good that happened this weekend, I seem to have gotten better with my limb independence on drums. So I can somewhat play along to songs now. And it’s meditative in a way. Drums are cool because you just lock in a groove and run with it. I’m actually looking forward to adding this to my music production workflow. Making some indie/shoegaze music down the road.

Sort of brings me to another point. Very often when I go to do something in life I immediately have the thought that someone else already did it better so why should I even bother? I gave up on guitar when I was younger because my older brother picked it up and progressed faster than me. I need to learn how to value the experience of doing things, regardless of how good it is. If I’m always focusing on comparing myself to everyone else around me with my skills and accomplishments I’m always going to be miserable. The “I need to be the best at this” is incredibly toxic. Music should be about enjoyment for me, not being really good at it. I put an unnecessary amount of pressure on myself and cause creative anxiety that blocks my writing ability and makes me dislike writing music.

I’m going to be switching over to beyond limitless ulitma and running that every other day moving forward. I have so much I want to do but I never get around to it. And it mostly stems from lack of belief in myself that I can learn something. I want to learn piano, guitar, drums, more music theory, more compositional structure, learn more about making money off of music I write, more sound design, and more efficient workflow in this new DAW, It’s a lot, but I’m tired of feeling like I’ll never get to any of it. Coming home from work exhausted and then feeling upset that my day job robbed me of the energy to do what I really want with my life. I don’t think it’s the fact I’m too tired to physically do something. It’s more likely my job burns up my willpower and when I get home I don’t have the means to overriding the usual limiting thoughts I have about learning new things in general. I’m hoping with beyond limitless ultima I can start moving in a direction where every day I grow more in a skill I want vs feeling crushed under the weight of it all.

To clarify, not stopping DR. I’m swapping out SanguineU

I think DR is working well for you! Keep posting!

1 Like

3 of my servers at my job have been acting up and causing chaos. Listened to beyond limitless Ultima yesterday while at work. Heavy reconciliation, not only did I not fix the problem but I was so overwhelmed because of the combination of DR I fell asleep at my desk. Hopefully I find out what’s causing the issue today as Beyond limitless Ultima kicks in. It’s usually the next day where things really start having an effect with Ultima for me.

1 Like

I find things like this happen with me on DR just before a HUGE insight shows up.

1 Like

Good to know thanks. I’m taking a rest day today to process what was brought up yesterday. I’m getting better at gauging how much I can handle and how it fluctuates day to day. I think I just come from a long history of subliminal usage where hammering in the hours is important and we’re at a point now where these things might not require that consistent usage every day.

Yep!:sunglasses:

Can’t tell if this is DR or something else. My brain is just not working this week. Simple problems are taking a while to solve, I’m getting frustrated that I can’t complete stuff, and I can’t tie concepts together in my head. It’s like it pools up in there but the anchors that help me make sense of anything or integrate it are gone.

It’s hard because the more this throws me off the more I have to overextend myself with my job and I can feel the fatigue setting in.

I can’t take it easy, at this point taking it easy at my job would amount to sitting there staring off into space at a blank wall. That’s how much basic tasks are fucking with me right now.

I’ve noticed this at times and this is my guess as to what I think happens. The subconscious is busy processing and integrating my subliminal right now. It’s very busy. It’s so busy, I feel a bit tired. Thinking is probably partial a subconscious process. If my subconscious is prioritizing the subliminal, thinking about something as simple as “where do I want to go for lunch” or “how can I best organize my week” might take extra time for me to answer.

I take rest days, and listen to fewer loops.

Just to reassure you, it is highly unlikely you are “losing your mind”…

1 Like

I find that happens to me just before I make some kind of major leap forward. Not pleasant, but definitely worth pushing through.

1 Like

Agreed!:+1:

Life can be an echo chamber of negative beliefs. Tell someone you’re gonna do or have something in your life and they might tell you why it’s not realistic. Who’s ever been happy sticking to “being realistic”? Worst thing I ever did for myself in my life was look towards the input of others to see what can be achieved. I’m seeing now that most people don’t think beyond what they’ve been conditioned to believe. So whatever perspective or sense of input you’re looking to get has to be carefully weighed.

Everything has been limited in my life. I’ve never once had a life that feels like mine. It feels like a superimposed construct I just went along with. It gets me angry, a lot. I’m tired of going along with it and I’m tired of being around people that want to subconsciously enforce it.

Stage 2 begins Monday. I don’t know what that’s going to be like but I’m hoping I can take some more action. Breakthroughs and epiphanies are great and all but I’ve noticed a pattern in myself where I feel better about a potential idea or concept vs actually carrying it out. Possibly a reconciliation loophole where I convince myself I’ve taken more actionable steps than I have to deal with potential fears of failure and avoid what needs to be done in my life.

I’ve been stuck in a loop of trauma for years now. And everyone knows you can’t formulate a plan or think clearly when panicking. But thats what most of my life has been, a low grade panic and trying to survive

2 Likes

It’s only delusional until someone achieves it. Once someone achieves it, then it’s fact.

Sounds like DR is doing its thing.

1 Like

Guess this is my weekly rest day realization routine.

Healing is a journey, not a destination. I’ve said it before but I’ve had an aversion to healing related stuff for a while because I have a tendency to wait until it feels right or to get everything figured out and then live life. It’s not good. It’s the wrong attitude. I should be working on making things as great in my life as possible regardless of how ready I feel. I should have an attitude of being open to things at all times and to not push away possibilities out of fear.

I’m going to be working more on having gratitude in my life. I’ll be the first to admit that I’m buried in the negatives of life for myself. It’s very easy to overlook the things I have that others don’t. Opening my eyes and gaining a greater sense of how fortunate I am is really important. And it’s not just the typical stuff. Even with my music, I don’t like it sometimes and hearing how great everyone else is bums me out. But having gratitude for the fulfillment it gives me, even if nobody else likes it is important and I should focus on that.

I’m also going to go back to reading Neville Goddard and practicing what he teaches. I’ve never been consistent with it and experience really is the best teacher. It’s one thing to read that you are in charge of your reality and experiences, a whole different feeling when you witness that yourself and understand it. I’ve never been there and I think part of my growth is learning how much power I have over my own life vs feeling like a slave to circumstances.

I think those of us who come from a much lower place, it’s really hard to understand your personal power or feel it. It takes a lot of rewriting the old habits and stories that play out for us. Where some people can fall back on success or past memories or events that reaffirm things for themselves, those of us without those have to create them for ourselves. It can be much harder because the end goal doesn’t seem real or like it has any basis in reality, but having the strength to move forward and disregard those doubts is the way to freedom.

What practices have you done?

I’ve done nightly meditations where I’d connect with the feeling of having a life I want. I don’t have strong visualization skills, but I find that I can sort of simulate a state inside of me in association with a desired reality. I fell off because I just got discouraged and burned out from trying too hard. Ironically I needed it so badly I was pushing it further away. I could feel the conflict between the positive states and the negative beliefs clashing in my brain and causing a lot of emotional strain.

Overall I was trying to follow the principles of neville. Circumstances not mattering, resting in the state of fulfillment, and understanding that everything is me pushed out. I didn’t persist with it because doubts got in the way, I got caught up in looking for evidence of it vs testing for myself. Overall I have a consistent pattern in my life of heading for positive growth and then doing a nosedive and getting “lost” for a bit before i reorient myself.

1 Like

Thank you for explaining!

1 Like

This stuff is hard. I don’t know how it is for everyone else, but I’m going to recap what goes through my head every time I try to focus on altering my own personal reality.

It starts with optimism, possibility, euphoria. That plants the seed. Much like these subliminals it goes through “layers” of the mind. At the upper conscious level I feel good, motivated. Letting it go, it drifts downwards where it mingles with basically the garden of my other beliefs. Learning a new term today, allelopathic.

Allelopathy is a biological phenomenon by which an organism produces one or more biochemicals that influence the germination, growth, survival, and reproduction of other organisms.

As the new seed attempts to grow it’s attacked by other negative beliefs. At this point the seed has descended far enough down into the mind out of conscious awareness and we’ve entered the realm of emotion. I can’t “reach” that seed, only plant more. They might be similar seeds, but they are each independent. So I’m not saving a seed that’s being attacked, just bringing in reinforcements.

Plant enough seeds and new habits form, but the underlying issue, the allelopathic beliefs haven’t been resolved. Constant maintenance, guarding, preventative care needs to be taken. This isn’t ideal. I don’t believe this is correct. You wouldn’t try to cultivate a garden leaving plants that destroy others and get frustrated when nothing grows.

So what this means for me. I’ve been following the premise that negative beliefs are a protective mechanism. Guarding against failure, having a logical reason, having some kind of reason for existence. I no longer think that’s the case. I think like a lot of things in nature they just exist. The ecosystem of the human mind doesn’t follow logic, it is it’s own universe complete with all the entropy that exists in the external world. Then again maybe that’s MY mind, I can’t speak for everyone. Maybe everyone’s mind is a 100% unique landscape.

There wasn’t a grand conclusion to all this. If anything I wrote it for myself to remind me that it’s not about pushing harder or just panic sprinting to the finish line. It’s about analyzing what the issue is, how to resolve it, and how to optimize everything so I’m putting less energy into maintaining and more energy into growing. Think actual change vs override. I don’t believe in override or blanket repetition to overwrite.

There’s something inside me, something that holds me back. And I don’t think it’s about “trying harder”. This isn’t a desire to do better out in the world. I want to get off the current track I’m stuck on that’s led me to doing things I have no real interest in doing in my life.

@Malkuth I know you’ve talked about the mind like an ecosystem. Just wondering if you have any thoughts on what I wrote above.

2 Likes