Drag Reb Elix 23 (2021)

Hey all, I feel like I have created drama through my posts and that is not my intention.

I just get impatient for results, and I read other people seeming to have results from running something only a couple of times, which has never happened for me.

I am starting Dragon Reborn, hope I can see some big results from it, but am a little wary of healing subs as my run of Regeneration solo for 3.5 months didn’t feel like much shifted, though, hell, it may have, and I did not notice.

But I have noticed bigger things from subs like Ascension and Primal, and running the subs has cut into the anxiety I feel all the time, but it still is an issue and plays a big part in procrastination for me, too.

But, generally I don’t like to draw too much attention to myself, or seem critical, I just want to run things and see what happens.

2 Likes

You’re in the same boat as me. The only things I’ve ever really felt from them is getting sleepy and being thirsty. Still, the results are there.

You’ll have them too, just keep running the subs and taking action.

2 Likes

So, I had meniscis surgery on my knee and before I hurt my knee I did a lot of aerobic exercise that has been difficult with the pain and stiffness in my knee.

I am working to get the knee back on track. I have been using an indoor cycle that doesn’t cause any pain or stress on my knee. A stepper is more painful to use.

I have been working with deadlifts and variants and have recently implemented an isometric exercise called the hand and thigh lift, which is a deadlift variant. I do it isometrically with it being anchored to a board, and a climbing daisy chain and a couple of caribiners connecting the anchor to an 18" bar.

This move seems to be really helping the pain and stiffness in my knee. Neither are gone, but I feel like a shift is happening.

1 Like

I do not have an isochain, but I have rigged up something similar with the daisy chain, handle and base.

https://www.dragondoor.com/the_great_isochain_health_lift/

1 Like

Listening to this:

@dorfmeister I want to get an Isochain at some point. I actually used to live right down the road from DragonDoor. I hope to again within the next couple of years

1 Like

I’ve been following Dragon Door for years, ever since Pavel Tsatsouline was with them. Read many of his books and was an early adopter of kettlebells.

I’d love an Isochain, too, but my jury rigged version works pretty well. It isn’t as elegant and it can’t measure force output, but it still works well.

The base with the hooks is something I got from e-bay to do deadlifts with heavy bands and the handle was a cheap piece from Amazon as was the climber’s daisy chain. Works great for my needs.

Better view of the band deadlift platform.

Also like to do one hand deadlifts with a pin and handle.

Before I hurt my knee I was getting heavily into putting a sandbag on my shoulder and carrying it as far as I could out on the football field. Or throwing a medicine ball as far as I could, sprinting to it, and repeating until exhaustion. I have a high school football field a block from my house.

Hurting my knee has massively fucked with my training, which gave my life a good bit of its meaning. I wasn’t training for anything specific, but I loved doing it.

1 Like

Running Elixir.

I keep wondering if Paragon might help my knee, but have not purchased it.

I bought my first kettlebell from Dragondoor twenty years ago back in 2001

1 Like

I got into it around the same time, but because the shipping was so high on the Dragon Door bells, I ended up buying a kettlebell “handle” that you could load with standard plates.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020810175947/http://fractionalplates.com/equipment/equipment20.html

In hindsight it was a bad choice, but I could do most of the moves, even though many were very awkward, and a couple of years later I was able to find a real kettlebell in a store and buy it.

So I gave a presentation today and I could feel a kinder, gentler version of myself come to the fore. Could be good in some situations, not so good in others.

Have about 10" of snow falling over night. I hope I can harness up the warrior worker side of myself to work my way through that pile tomorrow morning.

I feel tired as fuck after a long day. Will go to bed soon.

1 Like

Running Elixir.

Running Executive

Running Executive.

Afflicted with awful knee pain in both knees after an epic snow shoveling session. Was significantly less than 10" of snow though.

Actually my “good” knee feals worse tonight than the knee on which I had surgery.

Running Elixir.

1 Like