Bujin's Experimental Log

I’m trying this.

Yesterday I ran Emperor 15m and today I ran EOG1 15m, and it does feel noticeably less heavy. Not surprising I guess, since it’s more targeted each day. I’ll continue with this.

So rest day tomorrow.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve noticed much of anything from EOG1. No recon either. I’ve only run it for around a month, but still a little disappointing.

Well, this bit from the ST1 description is not an issue for me:

But I was hoping to experience some of this:

I guess it needs more time for that.

1 Like

Swapping regular Emperor for the new experimental Emperor that just dropped.

My next Emperor loop was gonna be on Monday, but I might move it up to Sunday to try it out.

1 Like

I can’t resist an experimental sub, so I ran Emperor Experimental today instead of AA.

I ran a full 15m loop, it’s now been about 30 mins or so since that completed. I’m suddenly feeling hot, and sweating just sitting here typing. I also have a mild recon headache and I feel a bit out of it - for me these are clear symptoms of overexposure, something I wasn’t getting with regular Emperor.

I’ll update later today, but at this point Emperor Experimental seems more potent and hard-hitting than the regular version. Next time I run it I’ll only do 7m and see how that compares.

5 Likes

That didn’t last long, it was replaced by a physically pleasant sensation of energy cascading down my body, followed by a calmness and feeling of solidity and strength, a kind of earthy masculinity. Regular Emperor often gives me a euphoric feeling and a ton of energy, whereas this was more controlled and grounded.

I spent the day working my property, enjoying the relatively warm weather and the sun on my skin while I labored. Sometimes I enjoy the work, sometimes I don’t, but today I just felt content and at peace. It was effortless to continue working even when I started to fatigue.

When I finished I fired up a cigar and slowly strolled around my property, enjoying the tranquility of the lovely Autumn evening, quiet save the chirping of crickets. The ducks and swan that spent the summer in my pond seem to have departed with the falling leaves, bound for warmer regions. Everything felt serene. It was an absolutely perfect day.

5 Likes

I believe the God Helmet works by increasing activity in the temporal lobes.

Research has shown that Hemi-Sync, which is a patented technology of certain binaural beat mixes/layers, increase activity in the temporal lobes as well. Since this is an experimental thread, I can say that I sometimes layer subliminals with a Hemi-Sync mix, exporting it as FLAC with Audacity. I really enjoy the hemispheric synchronization from binaural beats. It has a ton of old research, even on horses.

In essence, the Hemi-Sync mix Focus 10 is three layers of binaural beats: 262/266 175/179 87/88.5.
Sometimes it has variations, one being 100/104, 300/304, 500/504. In essence it is 4 Hz Theta beats on various multiplexed carriers.

Anyway – I also have a device called NeoRhythm. It’s not a God Helmet, but it might be similar. It uses pulsating magnetic fields around the head at various frequencies that can be chosen. Here is the link to that device.

Thank you for your experimental logs, I think they are interesting and important. I don’t journal often, and I don’t encourage experimentation, nor do I share my results from such experimentation. Just a disclaimer.

3 Likes

The Persinger helmets work on the Amygdalae specifically. There was talk in that initial groups of knowing which of the two Amygdalae were more prone to fear- and “Love”-based responses.

Apparently triggering the “wrong” one made for a bad experience lol

2 Likes

That reminds me of tickle your amygdala. I never mastered the technique. Neil Slade, the author, apparently has his mentor’s brain buried in his backyard.

2 Likes

Thanks for this, I’m always interested in such devices. What kind of results have you had from it?

I’d been planning on using the (now repaired) Shakti device tonight, but right now I’m just feeling too chill and grounded for that. Thanks Emperor Experimental. I’ll try for tomorrow instead.

Right now all I want is a fine whiskey and a dodgy horror movie to finish off a terrific day.

2 Likes

That sounds wonderful.

Regarding the headset, it has only subtle effects. I’ve asked the company to make it possible to increase the field strength from 25 Gauss (the max in the app), but they have not replied.

Just finished running a full loop of AA. I’m not sure but this may be the first time I’ve ever run this on its own, I always kind of thought of it as an add-on to Alchemist.

Tomorrow is a rest day but I’ll probably throw in a 30s microloop of Stark Experimental. I’ve mostly consigned Stark to storage now since Emperor suits me much better, but I have a lot of Stark exposure under my belt so it’s worth testing.

@Palpatine @noaha
Have either of you used I-Doser? I experimented with it many years ago with only so-so effects, but the other day I had the probably really stupid idea of running Hand of God or Gates of Hades during a Shakti session. One of the reported effects of the God Helmet is feeling a presence in the room, I’m wondering if this would enhance that. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I don’t like I-Doser. It’s not based on any science, and they stole their application from Jim Peters: SBaGen and I-Doser

Most of this stuff isn’t, but I still enjoy experimenting with it. I’ve had experiences that go well beyond what science can explain, so scientific validation is quite irrelevant to me for this kind of thing.

Since you asked for my opinion, there are far better things to experiment with than I-Doser. It’s a marketing gimmick targeted towards high school and college kids who want to get high without weed and alcohol. It’s been covered by all major news agencies and was a complete disaster for the reputation of binaural beats that actually work. I-Doser are just combining various (way too loud) binaural beats and putting a label on it, without any empirical evidence to support it (user experiences or testing). And when I say it is not based on any science, I mean they are not even aware of how to create proper binaural beats. It is well established that binaural beats only need to be at least 1/10th of a whisper in order to actually work, but I-Doser’s are almost deafening.

It can be nice to tinker with, but if you are interested in tinkering, I highly recommend using SBaGen instead – the program by Jim Peters. It’s fantastic and has a ton of documentation, including various empirical hypotheses and theories about how to create the most effective binaural beats. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll check this out as well.

1 Like

Perhaps so, but I’m not looking for any specific result (meditative state, getting high, whatever), I’m only interested in experience. I’m happy to try I-Doser or anything else (within reason) just to see how I experience it.

It’s no different with subs really, I run them to experience state changes and hopefully discover new aspects of myself, I’m not relying on them for any specific result. I’m certainly hoping for various changes from each sub, otherwise what’s the point, but it’s not a big deal if it doesn’t deliver it.

I had already achieved most of what I wanted before I even discovered SC, and I’m content with my life. That’s why I’m happy to deviate from the recommended listening instructions - if it completely screws things up then I don’t really care. I just change the parameters and try again. No big deal.

Mostly I’m just curious to see what happens when I try different things. And it doesn’t really matter how other people experience them because, frankly, they’re not me. I’d rather find out for myself.

1 Like

I played with IDoser briefly. Didn’t notice much.

I used to make audios with binaural, monaural and isochronic stuff on my own. SHARM is decent software for that.

Tried to do a Shakti session, but the software triggers the hell out of Norton, which blocks the functionality. They’re probably false positives, but I’m not that trusting. I’ll have to set up a quarantined system on an old laptop before I run this. Not sure when I’ll get around to it though.

Pretty disappointing.

1 Like