Best sub or stack for not being insecure?

I appreciate your candor. I would have accepted it had you chosen to interpret the question as rhetorical. But I’m also not that surprised that you took the challenge.

My personal vulnerabilities? Recurrent doubt about my capacity to navigate the social world and interactions. I’m working at it.

My point in asking the question though was to illustrate the limits of analytical frameworks for evaluating human lives. There is a certain truth to be found in experience, in contact, and in encounter. It cannot be replicated or adequately captured by distant, objective analysis.

To be fair to objective analysis, however, it also has strengths that experiential contact lacks. The breadth, accuracy, and logical precision of analysis are often unattainable by ‘felt experiencing’.

My opinion: Awareness of these inherent limitations in our strategies of mastery and competence is humbling. It also opens up increased possibilities for learning and growth.

1 Like

I’m going to let this thread cool down a bit. I’ve set a reminder to open it back up in a day or two. Let me make myself clear — if I have to close another thread, I’m banning the perpetrator(s).

6 Likes

To those who have been participating on this post or monitoring this post:

There are those of you comported and moderated yourselves with dignity and respect. Thank you. Thank you for helping keep the forum a supportive, harmonious place either by what you said or by what you didn’t say.

Please continue to post with respect towards others. If you feel tempted to post something negative by justifying it in ways that you think are convincing, please wait until any negative emotion has dissipated before posting, then post something that might be helpful to yourself and others.

You can also flag a post or tag a moderator.

And @Sub.Zero thank you for calling for a pause to any response. That is an example of both self-moderation and de-escalation. Thank you for stepping up and leading in that way! I really appreciate that! You really took my input to heart, and I appreciate that, too!

10 Likes

I’m just going to leave this here and then I’m done

4 Likes

Astounding James keep posting. Glad to have yiou back old friend.

2 Likes

DarkPrincess listens to 2 loops of khan stage 1

Darkprince “i am an alpha”

He walks down the road shouting “i am an alpha”

He sees an old lady walking towards him he screams “i am an alpha”. He pushes her out of the way the poor old woman in her 80s collapses and dies.

DarkPrince walks into a pub and sees a guy sitting at the table.

darkprince “i want that seat move i am an alpha”

The guy gets up from his chair and punches darkprince in the face.

Darkprince wakes up in hospital. The nurse is giving him a medical checkup.

Darkprince “i am an alpha i will sexually escalate and shag the nurse”

He starts touching up the nurse the nurse screans and runs away she calls the police.

Darkprince gets arrested and thrown in jail for sexual assault.

[Moderator Edit: Please do not post things that could imply sexual assault.]

Sorry got carried away when i wrote this @RVconsultant it was mean’t to be a joke.

I understand. I get carried away too sometimes.

1 Like