Automated timers for subliminal playback guide

The guide nobody asked for but I'm providing anyway.

I got tired of waiting or sometimes forgetting to shut off my sub while playing it so I explored some options. Just sharing it here.

How I add auto timing shortcuts to my subs on my computer. Only tested this in windows, not sure how it does on mac.

First you want to grab yourself foobar2000

https://www.foobar2000.org/download

Then you’ll grab the scheduler component here and install

https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_scheduler

• Open the foobar2000 preferences dialog.

• Go to the Components page.

• Click the “Install…” button and select the component archive, or simply drag it to the list.

• Press “OK”, you will be prompted to restart foobar2000 in order to load the newly installed component.

Once it’s installed you can find the preferences here

A broad overview of my config

You’ve got your event list which basically enables the menu option to select (you can also bind it to a hotkey if you’re feeling extra lazy, my Ctrl + 1 starts up a single 30s loop of zp) Then you’ve got your action list. It’s pretty straightforward for mine. I’ll run through the configuration

1. Create an event. You can create multiple events and tie them to different actions. So if one day you want to try 3 minutes you don’t have to constantly switch it out. You’ll want to add a new menu event… Name it whatever you want and leave it as re-enable event

1. Add an action and give it a name. I’d recommend including the length and how many tracks in the action. Make sure restart after completion is not checked

1. Add the actions in the following order by right clicking the action you just created. Start playback, delay(how long you want the sub to run for, add an extra second so it doesn’t cut off early), stop playback.

Depending on your choice of times it will look something like this

For a playlist with 2 subs back to back it would look like this

1. Tie your event to the action. Right click the event you created and choose your desired action.

1. You’ll need to create a playlist depending on your needs. I usually separate them out by titles because sometimes I like a buffer in between my loops. Foobar has a convenient tabbed playlist feature where you don’t have to save anything, once you close out and reopen they stay there.

1. run the action and everything should be all set. Just a note if you manually change playback during the action I’d just recommend closing out foobar and reopening. It gets wonky with actions doubling up and running in the background.

11 Likes