Alpha discussion

Do you let it define yourself or not?

Are you seeking validation from outside or inside?

There are situations where you cannot choose your actions. You might have to take orders from the boss’s pet. But you choose how you let that situation mentally affect you.

1 Like

Now you upgrade to Ascended Mogul, and stack PCC. :rofl:

Because with Mogul:

4 Likes

PCC/AscMogul/HOM

Definitely not always a win-lose, I aim for win-win whenever possible and often achieve it. If both parties are satisfied with the outcome, then it wasn’t an alpha/beta power struggle. I think what keeps bringing this topic up is specifically that it’s not always so well defined, and every person has different criteria for it. To paraphrase a famous quote… I may not be able to define alpha precisely but I know it when I see it. :wink:

(my problem is I usually don’t see it when I look in the mirror… bleh)

3 Likes

“Arrogance requires advertising. Confidence speaks for itself.” - Farrah Gray

2 Likes

I have always felt like trying to stay at a company that you don’t own or that your family doesn’t own while you’re being mistreated or disrespected is the epitome of stupidity. But that’s my personal opinion.
To me, being alpha also includes knowing which situations are worth your amazing time and energy and how to go your own way and create your own reality. There are more jobs out there than just one company. One of the things I’m hoping to get from these subs is the ability to get a job anywhere I want to when I need to and being able to walk away when I have to. I’m not the type of guy to impose my will on others in a professional setting that I don’t like or own anyway. I want to be the type of person who is able to look at a boss in the eyes and say :" F@^$ you! I don’t even need this job anyway, I’m out". And you can say that because you’ve been alpha enough to create your own amazing streams of income and/or because your skills and personality are so much in demand that you already know you will get another job in no time. That’s a part of being an alpha, to me. Staying a bad job, spending time and energy pushing back, flexing power and telling people off will just lead to exhaustion. At a company that’s not even yours. :joy:

5 Likes

Got you!

How would you draw the line to step in and talk when things have gone too far? In terms of respecting you ?

2 Likes

Everyone has their internal barometer. Up to you to decide when things go too far.

1 Like

Yes how do you react or talk up? Won’t that still cause trouble ?
I have seen certain people in power use the power to basically push you down hard. They use work ethic and legislation to have you forced down and stripped of you voice and thinking. When you do stand up then it comes with warning letters and constant friction of revenge episodes.

Definitely! Which is why I don’t really like using the terms, I’d say. Alpha at this point to me just means positive qualities and Beta means negative qualities, at which point I’d just use those words instead. At least it’s vague enough from the outset. And well using the words invites comparison, when the only meaningful comparison one should use is with one’s self. And through ascending one’s own personal self-value, one naturally reflects that on to the world without much thought. And well, calling people or yourself a Beta seems to be a bad way to treat oneself and others, though that’s a personal thing.

1 Like

Usually when I step up and raise my voice at a higher up, I already made the decision that it is okay to lose the job. I’ll take my dignity over money. And also I live in the US. There is always another job out there!

2 Likes

That can happen even when you are an owner, but yes… I agree it’s stupid.

Hell yeah. :+1:

Yep…

Difficult to say… I’ve walked away when I notice I’m not appreciated. I’ve done my fair share of shitty jobs in the past. I also always managed to find another job straight after.

Same thing in social situations. I walk away with extreme prejudice.

And I’m my own boss now :wink: .

But I understand it isn’t always possible…

While I was doing my military service in basic training (we have mandatory service here), there was this one female sargeant that decided to try to “humiliate” me in woods. I was ill, but if I didn’t take part in the exercises it would have burned my weekend leave.

She started to shout to me: Can’t private dive properly, are you useless?

My answer: No mam. Can you show me how to do it properly? She did, after I had made her dive in the wet snow for maybe 10 meters she saw my squad stare at her and she went all red. I never saw her again.
When I returned from my weekend leave I had high fever for several days. Due to my continued illness I was discharged a couple of weeks later after I spent those 2 weeks in hospital. Also have some lingering neck injury from playing american football.

So no, I don’t take shit well, especially from someone I do not respect.

5 Likes

Agreed… though I willingly have done that in this conversation merely as a point of reference for the changes I wish to make in myself. I aim for win-win to be a nice and fair person, to be sure, but there’s also a part of that where I’m avoiding conflict out of fear.

I’m reminded of something I read once (I don’t recall where) that said while roughly half the adult population are males by default, only a small number are truly Men. The context was that a true man takes personal responsibility for their life, their actions, etc. It sounds as though it’s a different way of saying alpha, in the context being discussed here.

I wish I could find the source for that, there was much more to it than that… and in the wrong context that line could easily be misconstrued. lol.

3 Likes

No mandatory service here, but I’ve also got a story worth sharing.

Many years ago I was working for a company, and part of my job was inventory control for online sales. So, I spent time each week in the warehouse. One day, the warehouse manager said “we ordered in Chinese food for the crew, I even got something for you since I know you’re vegetarian.” I thought that was quite nice, so I came over to the break area where a bunch of containers were laid out. Every single one was meat-based, except for a teeny tiny little styrofoam cup of plain white rice. The manager laughed and said “what’s what’s you get for being a vegetarian!”

I was so furious I kicked over a supply cart. I’m pretty sure something on the cart broke when it hit the floor, but I didn’t look back. I walked out early that day and called in sick the next day.

Evidently someone saw exactly what happened, as when I came in on the following Monday, I was called into the office along with the warehouse manager. Rather than me getting in trouble, the warehouse manager was forced to apologize to me, and was also forced to take me out for lunch. It was super awkward.

I severely slacked off after that, and was laid off when the 2008 financial crisis hit a few months later. I didn’t miss that place for one second. I wish I’d had the balls to just not return after that day though, rather than sticking with it for a paycheck even though I hated being there (and hated myself for being there too).

Note: I have not been a vegetarian for many years now, I consider it a folly of my youth lol.

6 Likes

Betas try to fit the holes, while Alphas adapt the holes to fit them, or bypass the holes alltogether by removing the red thingy.

Other intresting stuff to think about on the whole alpha/beta dynamic
Leader & Follower
toxicity & nontoxicity
Independent & neediness

For many years I sorted men in either a nice guy-, jerk- or alpha-box.
What differs are often How they do things and/or Why they do things, or so i think.

Not sure how this thread differs from On being an alpha

3 Likes

Again thanks for the discussion everyone. I think @Beowulf and @pacman teased out my real point of making this thread. Like I said this was more of a thought experiment, not much forethought put into it. I just posted to see what it would bring up.

But yeah, speaking personally I’m on my way but not there to instilling more of those alpha qualities but it’s shaky as all hell. There are compromises, but I’m doing what I can to move forward as much as possible.

I guess there’s a transition period to actually taking those actions that would be more inline with being alpha. Like I said everyone starts from a different foundation so there’s more of a gap for some than others.

I do believe in power dynamics, I think they are always there behind the scenes whether people consciously choose to acknowledge them or not. Sometimes those become more apparent as you embody certain qualities. For me the whole alpha/beta framework mainly falls into the idea of unconscious social conventions. If someone anticipates you acting a certain way and you don’t, that can cause upset if there’s cognitive dissonance in the role they perceive for you vs how you actually feel. And again that might be purely internal and building for an individual, but it’s there. The problem would be it not fully manifesting in their life.

4 Likes

I also noticed that being too alpha can and will cause problems. For example speaking your mind freely in the wrong environment such as with work superiors can definitely become an issue. So many people have twisted beliefs of how you should behave. This then leads to them expecting you to behave in a way that’s acceptable by them because of their beliefs.

Although they are totally wrong in their beliefs and now that we run these programs which is enabling us with tons of wisdom. It’s extremely easy to see and detect fault beliefs.

So what do you do ? Go with them like a sheep or apposed them ?

2 Likes

I stopped running Emperor and ordered a mindset/healing custom and listened to it for a year… that’s what I did.

3 Likes

how’d that go? in regards to that rogue issue pacman talked about

1 Like