ADHD - Discussion

Can you please someone explain to me module Blue skies. I still do not get it even I read the description many times. I know it is for spiritual growth but still, I am not sure what it is about.

If you could quote the section in the description you want clarified and what about it you want clarified, that would help.

Module Blue skies, thanks.

I understand what module. When you read the description, what part of the description of that module do you want clarified? Would you please quote the section you want clarified?

I mean as a whole, what is a purpose of this module.

These are all extremely valid points. There’s a LOT of healing that needs to be done around ADHD. That’s why RegenQ + ElixirU have had such an “executive”-type effect on both myself and Raphael.

@Derpinator asked me if I was focused on healing other parts of ADHD.

Like @friday I suffered from extreme premature ejaculation that gave me extreme self-esteem issues for the better part of ten years. I did fix it, but up until now, I never even knew what the cause might be, so it’s amazing to have that information… a huge weight feels lifted off my shoulders just knowing that.

But apart from sex and productivity issues, I think that the majority of ADHD traits are just “different.”

I like socializing with different types of people, working on different tasks, having different hobbies, and living my life a different way. I don’t need to become “normal,” I just need to heal the shame around not being myself. Maybe Wanted is exactly the sub for someone with ADHD. Get you to calm down, become more mysterious, and start loving yourself more.

All jokes aside, I made my ADHD custom hyper-specific to productivity because that’s the one major disadvantage of ADHD that is incontrovertible in today’s society, at least for me.

And that’s the custom Ultima I just ordered, as a result. I am on a healing journey and I consider it part of my healing journey.

(I also consider it me loving the new module pack and wanting ALL THE THINGS.)

2 Likes

I agree 100% with your post.

I just realized that we are very similar in a lot of areas.

“glimpse the hidden depths of reality”
“secrets about himself”
“develop his concept of “Love” – any kind of love”
“seeing beyond the physical veil to take the user’s cognitive, artistic/creative and spiritual abilities to the next level”

This focuses on:
Love
Personal development
Understanding reality beyond what your current understanding is
Knowing yourself better

I don’t know how to better explain it. If you want more explanation, just quote the exact section you want further explained.

1 Like

That’s awesome man! Glad to share, and I definitely get benefit out of all the sharing you do here… feeling’s mutual @friday

1 Like

A big thing that I learned through therapy is that we have been trying to force our ADHD brain to mold to neurotypical society standards, thus we are professionals at masking and faking feelings and actions.

I unconsciously have the ability to get along with many types of people despite not having tons in common because I am so good at molding myself to the environment that I unconsciously do it. This has caused me to never learn of who I am.

It confuses me when people say just be you or love yourself. I get it on a logical level but I cannot internalize it. Until I started digging and tear down the impenatrable fortress I have built surrounding it.

Hyperfocus is a big one, once I learned this is a trait of adhd people, I began using it to my advantage and stop fighting it. I used to be so passed at myself for not sticking with something. I have so many types of hobbies and friends that they do not connect easily. Instead of pushing against it I am working on embracing it.

6 Likes

Wow again I resonate so much!

YES

100%

This thread is the best thing since the invention of slice bread. We really should put our heads together and share all the insights we gained during the years.

ADHD in my mind is not a bug, it is a feature. And when we learn to live with some of the things that are seen to be somewhat „negative“ in our current society, then we will be able to truly create something great.

1 Like

Is some else here addicted to Youtube?

Yes, although I use it a lot of the times for lunch break, my watch later Playlist is 180 some videos and counting. I watch a lot of Simon Whistler channels that are a wide range of different topics.

Also I am a huge fantasy nerd and watch a lot of lore videos and let’s play videos. I am learning to harness these to build inspiration for my fantasy cocktail business.

I plan on streaming video games once I get a big enough fan base so playing videogames becomes constructive and not just inspiration reasons.

My problem is I don’t know how to do anything for just fun. It has to have a purpose otherwise I don’t do it. This makes mundane things hard for me to get motivated to do.

3 Likes

I wanted to also bring up the point ADHD can be on a spectrum of severity. So it’s important that others get the correct impression of it.

One of my pet peeves is when some people say ADHD is a strength or gift. It can be to some people, but I think it’s kind of dangerous to create that impression especially when there’s already a ton of misunderstanding among neurotypical individuals to begin with.

Having said that. Finding the positives never hurt to make someone feel better. But I also see how damaging the “superpower” impression can be. I’m sure you know the types. They have ADHD, go on some ted talk saying all they had to do was harness their gifts and life opened up for them. That’s definitely not the majority of individuals with ADHD and it can be emotionally painful if you hold yourself to a standard of “I should be able to do that too”.

7 Likes

I would never claim it as a gift. It’s something that is there whether you like it or not like a river. You can either choose to pretend it’s not a river and struggle to stay afloat or you can choose to use the river to your advantage.

I strongly recommend therapy for those that need treatment. I am even considering medication but that is a discussion for doctors. It’s not an easy thing to have especially in this rigid world.

All that being said I am grateful to have it. It has pushed me down a path that I’d very unique and has given me the tools to develop incredible determination, yet I wish I didn’t have it or have to struggle so hard. It’s a convoluted mess of dichotomies.

3 Likes

I took the adhd test Friday talked about and got a 14 or 16 out of 20( and I exaggerated abit). First time i took it I got 6 out of 20 or so

The only part that I relate to is the zoning out at times or when in conversation I sometimes get wandering thoughts but very quickly return to the convo. Is that normal? Daydreaming I do, but not sure if that is add or adhd

ADD is no longer a thing, it is only ADHD but there are two variants. I am not qualified for the nuisances.This came from someone trained in the field.

1 Like

Definitely have to get a professional opinion. An online test is going to be very limited in what it can tell you.

Having said that. The biggest criteria for ADHD, do you feel your behaviors and habits invite dysfunction into your life and make things more difficult?

2 Likes

Uhmm no not really.

I can go and take action quite easily but am lazy. Never problem with organising tasks. Or to do it when I have too. Motivating myself when working alone can be a challenge, but in team work or at work - i get everything done.

The thing is if I take a walk alone I space out every now and then during the walk. I walk then after a while I get into a daydream very briefly then return to being present. When I am with someone else it sometimes happens. Is this normal? I know I am daydreaming I am not lost in it

2 Likes

I just called a psychology service and the guy asked me a bunch of questions, it is very unlikely that I have adhd.

1 Like