ADHD - Discussion

After reading some journals and reflecting on my own experience there seems to be a lot of us beginning to uncover major issues dealing with ADHD.

Do these issues below resonate?

• Taken from adhd_couple on Instagram

Big thing with ADHD is a dopamine deficiency, which can really affect your whole life.

Not sure what I am trying to do in this post, just bring some awareness to ADHD. Maybe if we keep looking at this issue and try to figure out how to use these traits to our advantage rather than constantly dealing with a vicous cycle.

@RVconsultant I think this may be contributing to what was discussed as "ongoing reconciliation that I noticed was being talked about in @Fractal_Explorer and @Azriel journals. It makes sense why this is occurring with some people and not others.

6 Likes

Yes I resonate with much of that. Iā€™m not so much rejection sensitive anymore from others
but I can see where Iā€™ve internalized that.

Iā€™m hesitant to give myself a clinical label as I avoid self diagnosis and donā€™t want to create an identity out of it for myself. But itā€™s worth looking into.

It may play a part in dealing with the subtler aspects of recon. It can be more derailing for someone in this situation. I think QV2 is a more intense stimulus and ā€˜demands/insistsā€™ on a reaction. Iā€™ll expand more at a later time.

@Pyro thanks for posting this. Letā€™s see what insight it can yield.

2 Likes

I donā€™t have adhd or maybe I do several of my exes have thought I do. But I have helped both women and men with adhd.

Meditation is such a blessing for people on adhd. I had a super deep meditation with one of my clients who had adhd recently.

He felt extreme peace after the call. It makes your mind less cluttery, and you more focused.

Also another thing that have helped me and my client is metta meditation. Metta meditation is proven to increase your serontonin levels.

And serotonin is like dopamine on crack. It makes you more relaxed and at ease.

Overall the more serotonin you have the better you feel and the more relaxed you are.

And dopamine is not really that feel good.

But more than anything really have compassion towards yourself. See yourself as little confused child, You would not hate or be mean to a child. So why be it towards yourself ?

2 Likes

Yeah I suspected I have some version of it when I started to research about it more after reading this:

This request morphed into the ā€žOrganization Perfectedā€œ module by the way.

ADHD might also explain why I always suffered from Premature Ejaculation.

Just funny to think that I might have some form of ADHD, even though I am studying medicine lol.

When I was doing ā€œresearchā€ for supplements, I found that NAC may be useful for ADHD. It apparently regulates glutamate and dopamine in your brain. Maybe this information may be useful for somebody (ask your doctor of course!).

1 Like

Just did three tests on the internet all with the same result:

I am really happy that I never got diagnosed and had to take medications. I am sure that I never have gotten to where I am in life when medicatedā€¦

2 Likes

Much needed thread for my own research as my ex believes I have ADHD and so do I. Iā€™m currently awaiting tests for it to confirm and like Aziel I donā€™t want to give my self an identity from it but I do want to see this thread continue. Thank you for opening.

Thanks for the post. I was actually thinking about making a poll recently to see if thereā€™s a pattern between being neurodivergent and having more difficulty with subliminals.

First I want to say in no way shape or form do I expect subclubs subliminals to ā€œcureā€ me of ADHD. Definitely donā€™t want to give that impression.

ADHD is still a VERY new emerging area of research. Itā€™s possible years down the road they get everything wrong. But with the latest research itā€™s becoming more and more clear that itā€™s not the typical representations a lot of us have come to think of as ADHD.

I got diagnosed at the height of the pandemic. I understand peopleā€™s reservation to be given a label or feel it will form their identity. But if you do have ADHD, itā€™s there whether you believe it or not. I had similar thoughts but looking back on my life there was a lot of dysfunction in my life not caught by my parents or they thought Iā€™d grow out of it. I exhibited texbook ADHD symptoms all throughout my life without realizing I had it, so itā€™s not really a limiting belief or something Iā€™ve held onto. You only make it your identity if you lean on it too much, but in my case itā€™s better than my perpetual feelings of being a failure. At least with ADHD I have something there and can understand why my life unfolded the way it did.

As for how subliminals are processed differently. A lot of that comes down to the fact that the prefrontal cortex does not operate as well in ADHD individuals. We always say the most important thing with these subs is action. But unfortunately thatā€™s the thing ADHD brains have issues with the most, execution, follow through, planning etc. On top of that those with ADHD are typically NOT good with emotions. They can have trouble identifying, managing, or expressing them. This can mean reconciliation is a more frustrating experience because it takes center stage in the life. They donā€™t have as strong of an ability in neurotypical individuals to ā€œput it asideā€, thatā€™s why often in my journals youā€™ll see me caught in thought spirals or loops, I get sucked into those emotional states and then if thereā€™s compounding stress in my life I become even more poor at managing it. This can make me look incompetent or like Iā€™m wallowing, but the reality is Iā€™m dealing with a dysfunction of my brain.

So that being said hereā€™s some things Iā€™ve found that help process the subs better.

1. Lower volume. I donā€™t like being told what to do. Whether thatā€™s an inborn trait or a result of emotional experiences over the years Iā€™m not sure. But subliminals at louder volume are more ā€œforcefulā€ which I donā€™t respond well to.

2. A lot less loops. Iā€™m talking 1 or 2 week. An excessive amount of loops for an ADHD brain seems to be a lot different than a neurotypical one.

3. Sleep. Sleep is so important for ADHD brains. The irony is that most people with ADHD have terrible sleeping habits.

4. Balancing every day stress and subliminal input. What I mean by this is if you have a lot going on in your life and you feel overwhelmed, chucking a sublminal loop on top of that can end badly sometimes. Most of the time the stress and overwhelm from ADHD comes from falling behind, procrastinating, being unable to cognitively handle the tasks at hand, etc. Throwing more processing and task oriented stuff onto that can be bad. Those with ADHD tend to be routinely stuck in the planning or preparing stage towards action. Itā€™s never a deficit of knowledge or awareness, but purely a lacking in the follow through. So sometimes a loop isnā€™t needed because it would just serve as another thing taking up resources in the mind.

Thatā€™s about all I have unfortunately. I do think these sublminals are beneficial for everyone. Itā€™s just a matter of getting the input right and having it calibrated correctly for the type of mind. Something I recognize is not easy to do at all. But I think it did warrant a discussion so anyone else struggling doesnā€™t suffer extensively over trying to integrate and inefficient listening strategy.

10 Likes

Totally resonates with that. Though Iā€™m not hyperactiveā€¦ but I did develop a gaming addiction. The perfect arena for expressing hyperfocus, while avoiding rejecting, and ALSO instant gratification and trying to compensate for the dopamine deficiency.

Manā€¦ I never even should have signed up for neither WoW OR Spreadsheets In Space :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I was diagnosed with ADD around age 8, so I have known most of my life I had it. But I never did anything with the information. It was only revealed recently that I really have ADHD and what the effects of it are.

Itā€™s like being left handed but forcing yourself to be right handed.

I understand not wanting it to become part of someoneā€™s identity. I hate victim mentality very much, but learning how to manage it requires examining and acceptance. I notice ever since I began therapy and examining it, that my ADHD gets worse since itā€™s like it really doesnā€™t want you to know itā€™s there so it tries to confuse you.

I have noticed improvement with subs nor expect them to cure ADHD if anything ever will. I meditate every day usually in the morning without fail yet, yet still suffer with these issues constantly.

I notice that my brain fights absolutely everything which is why subs cause a bit of ongoing reconciliation. If someone tells me what to do even if itā€™s for my own good, my brain kicks and screams about it but then an hour or even 5 minutes later I will integrate that information in and most likely agree with them and then do it.

I also notice itā€™s very easy to get overwhelmed at anything, itā€™s like I donā€™t have a filter and take in too much stimulus all the time that I canā€™t process what is going on.

Finally taking action is really difficult, by that I mean taking the right action and being satisfied that I am taking the right action. I make good constant progress on my goals but canā€™t find it in me to feel good about the progress. I am almost never happy with how much action I take and burn myself out rather easily.

7 Likes

I can relate with most things said here. I got diagnosed with ADD quite recently, but a quite light version of it. I honestly found that all my symptoms aside from the occasional overstimulation have been counteracted by subs (particulairly DR did a lot and daredevil and sanguine/joie de vivre/divine self image modules have helped a lot as well). I honestly dont think id be diagnosed if i got tested again at this point.

I dont wanna act like subs can remove all the symptoms for everyone, i get that everyone has them to different agrees, and i always was a bit on the less obvious side. But i definitely believe some of the symptoms can be relieved or made less prominent with subs

3 Likes

This is me as well. Iā€™m very defiant, I absolutely hate it. Iā€™m very aware of it and how childish it can seem. Iā€™ve learned to temper it, but thatā€™s just one more thing I have to be aware of. And the lack of filter for blocking out stimulus is highly relatable as well.

It sucks that other people deal with this stuff too. But itā€™s good to hear from others about very similar things so I know Iā€™m not making all this up.

2 Likes

This is an intriguing point. Thank you for posting.

1 Like

This sounds like a great plan!

Sleep for me during DR was 9+ hours a night. I needed it.

3 Likes

Best modules for ADHD in my opinion:

Virtue Series: Temperance ā€” for instant gratification
Divine Self-Imagine ā€” for rejection sensitivity (have not tested that module yet)
Organization Perfected ā€” to not be a mess
The Zero Point & Productivity Unleashed ā€” for focus
Natural Winner / Overdrive ā€” to not be so hard on ourselves
Stress Displacement ā€” calms me down very well
Deep Sleep ā€” for fall asleep instantly and recharging
Stronger ā€” for ending addictions, especially video games ;D

All of those together will mostly end up in my custom.

4 Likes

A note here for anyone else who puts Productivity Unleashed in a custom. I eventually removed mine. When it works itā€™s good. The problem is when the ADHD gets in the way and thereā€™s difficulty taking action combined with internalized pressure to be productive. Itā€™s not good. For me at least it brought on a lot of reconciliation because it echoed very familiar feelings of needing to be productive, but not being productive and the guilt that comes with that. And thatā€™s been a large portion of my life. So results may vary. But this goes for any module really, if you run a custom as your main make sure all the modules you use you can execute even on your worst days. Otherwise youā€™ll be trying to get the benefit of some and fighting because of the other.

On that note. Blue Skies was an absolutely rough one for me as well. I donā€™t know if thatā€™s the module, but that bogged down my processing ability a lot

4 Likes

Yes, same. But it got better with Qv2 as you seem to integrate the scripting more on a deeper level.

Blue Skies was fine for me.

1 Like

From my journal today, gonna make this Ultima Custom specifically for ADHD.

So far the custom is looking like

• The Single Point
  • Organization Perfect
  • Way Of ROI
  • Carpe Diem
  • Eye Of The Storm
  • True Sell (Not ADHD Related)
2 Likes

Hi everyone!

As for focus and concentration being the obvious things to consider, how about the negative feedback that people with ADHD might have gotten over the years.

ā€œWhy canā€™t you sit stillā€
ā€œYou should be more focusedā€
ā€œStop day dreamingā€
ā€œPAY ATTENTIONā€
ā€œWhatā€™s wrong with youā€
ā€œYou just need to try harderā€
ā€œYouā€™re being annoying againā€

Pride Unbroken and Elixir might be other choices to consider.

3 Likes

My current stack (about 45 days in to a 180 day experiment) is exactly 1 loop of AM every other day and 1 loop of Executive as a booster everyday per guidelines and a support ticket at being directed to build a business from thin air.

Would elixir get me to be more productive because of ADHD then Executive?