A human bean's journal

Quiet day.

Attempt at minestrone soup became tomato rice. Still edible for me so okay, trying with less stuff next time.

TIL E621 is monosodium glutamate. Will avoid premade broth next time.

Practiced push-shots after work for an hour, ball keeps slanting in the push direction so figuring to compensate. Read on Reddit about southpaws using rollovers/snake shots, but I haven’t been able to figure it out.

Couldn’t do a single push shot during play :cry:

After 3 months, I’m thinking to not continue with QL. Not feeling Stage 4, and while QL3 is nice I’m not getting other things out of it.

Replacing QL with New Limitless as the cognitive title, I can perhaps run TWTP as the 3rd title. So far the public journey here:
QL2 → QL2 → QL3 → (New Limitless)
LB → Emperor → 1/2 Emperor → (TWTP? Funny how this line progressed)
KB4 → KB4 → KB4 custom → (KB4 custom)

Nice night out with a different group of colleagues

Out of curiousity, what do you mean by not feeling New QL Stage 4? Lack of productivity, drive? How long have you been on Stage 4 (or any other stage)?

1 Like

I haven’t run Stage 4. Ran QL1 one MWF cycle, QL2 two, QL3 one (currently washing out). Was considering between continuing QL3, going to QL4 or replacing the cognitive title with New Limitless.

Not feeling as in I don’t feel like continuing QL. Part of it is that my (quickly approaching) cognitive goals are explicitly targeted in New Limitless’ description, whereas I reread through QL’s description and reflected on my experiences and it has been slower (expected) and somewhat “abstract” (manifesting information, but I’m having a hard time using it). But QL3 has been tangibly helping me with productivity, so the hesitation to quit.

This could be FOMO subhopping but I’ve been giving it a week of thought (could use a second opinion though). Could do both QL and Limitless, but I’ll like to get a handle on my social situation too.

Is precon a thing? Took a nap and woke up with a bad memory from academia:

• Some graduate module about 3D modelling I had to take for ‘breadth’. Last assignment presentation, I got interrupted by the professor taking issue with a formula on my slides. 5 minutes of “you’re wrong, just admit you’re wrong, can’t tell why you’re wrong?”
  • I opened my less-than-50-lines Python script to visually show that the formula works, his reply was “You’re wasting your time, I don’t look at results, now admit you’re wrong.” Followed later by him smugly saying “not all assignments were bad… students, you should learn to accept correction…”
  • 4 hours later I got a private email. “I looked at your slides and you were right.”
  • The irony is I didn’t come up with the formula, I screenshotted it from his PhD student’s thesis. I’d told him that during the presentation, “nope it’s wrong”.

Remembering a lot of bullshit in academia now, from having to cite against my own PhD supervisor, him vanishing for 8 months to create “a pro priority queue, so pro it’s never been seen before”, RA and I cloning the repository without him so that we could handle each other’s pull requests, administration having fine prints over Mastering out. It’s a special moment to hear the exact sentence “Sorry to hear your mother has cancer, but $50k is a cheap fee for a Masters, you’ll earn it all back when we get you into Facebook.”

1 Like

It could be the stack switching recon. I would go with QL Stage 4 starting with a microloop (30 sec, 1 min, 2 min, your choice). You went through the first 3 stages why stop?

As a side note I am starting new QL Stage 4. I am on a short washout period.

If you go with Limitless I suppose you could return to QL Stage 4.

For the academia situtation, I cannot imagine the bs you have to go through. Sorry to hear about these experiences.

1 Like

Thanks! It would feel better to have run through all stages of QL. And I have understated my gain from it I guess. How has it been for you?

New Limitless has to take precedence I think, my current supervisor told me recently “you just need more confidence when expressing yourself” so I’m taking that as a sign. I should reconsider how important TWTP is.

My academia days were eye-opening in a bad way. I loved formal logic and academia burned it out of me. My sister has the inverse experience though, different field and college, bs in industry drove her back to academia.

1 Like

For me new QL has been good. I do get a productivity push and have re-started language learning. This language learning has been ongoing since I started New QL Stage 1 cycle 2 around January I think.

About your supervisor’s advice and New Limitless idea it kind of makes sense. I think it is a hard choice here but go with what you think is okay in your situation.

1 Like

Alright time to commit.

Listened to QL4 3.30min, Limitless 3.30min and KB4 custom 7.30min. Since I’ve done the triple stack before. TWTP next cycle. See how tomorrow goes.

1 Like

Lesson learned, should’t do this with two Stage 4s.

No strain last night, but woke up dehydrated and feeling my brain working hard. Able to cook and work though.

1 Like

standard

mwf

28day mwf

Wondering if this is reasonable? Hopefully I’m not being dumb/“duh”

Listened to just QL4 3min two hours ago.

Not sure why but after a moment it gets hard on my head. QL2 and QL3 didn’t strain. Not even KB4. Feels like my initial listens of Emperor.

Also the QL1 part of it is occasionally triggering pain in my left fingers.

Frosthaven puzzle 1:
fh
Where every symbol is a digit 1-9

Solution

With dot := 1 and line := 2, figured out digits 1-8
Got stuck at why X := 9 :man_facepalming:
Got external help when showing the problem to others: “Is the X two or four lines?”

The second picture (8 listening days in yellow) is okay I think. You could extend from the 17 to the 19 or even 22 then 6 rest days for washout period. This is something I do on the regular but I do Sunday, Tues Thursdays as my listening days per week. After 22 days in the ZP cycle I take a 6 day washout period.

Your third picture is okay too I think. The ZP cycle is slightly longer with more rest days.

1 Like

Thanks! If I understand your schedule correctly, it’s similar to the third picture but take Day 24 away to have 6 days washout?

I’ll try the third since the next three months are convenient for it

Yes you can do that. The last listening day would be day 22 then 6 day washout.

1 Like

Meeting today, standing in for supervisor who was sick.

Tried to emphasize a couple of things I think were overlooked, I don’t think I did a good job of expressing them but from the person taking notes on the screen, it seemed like they got the points.

Limitless 3.30min KB4custom 5min

Nothing stood out on Friday.

Saturday: Was practising drumming and then suddenly having a moment of despair:
What’s the point?

I started learning this year on a burst of interest, and to prove to myself that I can still learn and overcome my shitty coordination.

But I’m not going to join a band anytime soon, even if I get good someday I don’t know if I’ll ever get to show it to anyone.

Two branches of thoughts on this:

1. I need to learn to sustain a pursuit without external validation.
    Just “liking” something should be enough.
    But is that sustainable?
    And is external validation a bad thing?
    Metamorphosis’ journal title: There’s no point being the greatest undiscovered talent in the grave
  2. I need to find some kind of end goal to each of my hobbies.
    But, it slides into everything becoming a pursuit of value. My father’s reasoning for preventing me from pursuing anything in my youth, because he saw no value in anything that wasn’t “studies->good job->money” (stereotypical Asian parent meme)

Not sure how to resolve this. Maybe I’m jumping to extremes too quickly.

hm_horse

1 Like

Everyone’s on their own path. Understanding what your path is, is the first step.

All the best my dear friend in finding your path…

1 Like