World Cup Official

After Saudi Arabia beat Argentina. I developed a sort of curiosity.

Seeing as this is the first World Cup since Covid, the turbulent atmosphere made me excited for some huge upsets and shocks

Who’s your favorite team? And who’s going to win?

3 Likes

France, Spain, Germany, or England. It’s been a fun world cup so far even the two 0-0 games. Couldn’t believe Lewandowski missed a penalty kick. The offsides new tech is interesting. I also like the longer stoppage time so it’s closer to what it actually should be. Concussion protocol is better than the past but that’s not saying much.

France, Brazil, Japan. Saudi Arabia did a great game, I m so shocked. Curious about Qatar, cuz they are ASIA champion from what I read, though their first match was catastrophic, hope their next match will be better.

1 Like

I’m gonna say possible winners : Spain, Germany, Italy, brazil

France. We winnin

I normally root for Germany but now I don’t know. More of a neutral now.

Brazil and Argentina are my favourites for the win. The Argentina loss to Saudi Arabia ruined things for now lol.

@xanderson83 Italy is actually not in this World Cup. They are regulars but they did not qualify this time around. It is kind of wild as they won the Euro Cup recently.

Allez la France !! :joy: :+1:

1 Like

My pick to win was Argentina, but it’s not looking good so far. I just have a strong feeling that the World Cup is returning to South America this year.

The team I’d want to win however, is probably Portugal, but I doubt that happens.

1 Like

This group stage so far is kinda crazy.

Today Japan tops their group over Germany, Spain & Costa Rica.

Plus

Morocco tops their group over Belgium, Croatia & Canada.

3 Likes

france maybe lol, mbappe looking strong

1 Like

So is the the World Cup, half full or half empty?

1 Like

It’s lookin empty this year that’s my perspective

2 Likes

This is on-pace to be the best World Cup of my lifetime. Hoping to see a legendary performance from a star player soon, I’d put my money on Messi but Mbappe has also looked incredible this tournament.

3 Likes

Empty :upside_down_face:?

As an employee of one of the FIFA partners, that baffles me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s looking like a back to back from my perspective :nail_care:

1 Like

Bro both matches wise, and all the other events we have set up for them, have all been received massively.

In fact, we got awarded to having the most filled out stadiums and highest attendance for group stage matches so far (second highest in history), and most westerners who came here have opened their hearts so much to the Qatari heritage as well.

People are all agreeing that this is the best World Cup so far, and we love that because there was a lot of work to be done (12 years of effort in total).

The only bad thing is the traffic when I go out :rofl:
But man, Qatar is abundant in hot chicks right now :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I was hinting at France winning 2 consecutive world cups, I might be a bit biased here, lol.

From what I’ve seen the stadiums look packed and supporters showed up for their country even if they had little hope of making it far. The games this year are also :fire:, kudos to the Qatar officials for the longer extra time, it makes the games spicier.

3 Likes

The penalty shootouts for so far were interesting.

The misses from Japan vs Croatia were something. Then I saw the shootout today from Spain vs Morocco. I had my hands on my head after seeing those penalty misses. Good job to the goalies from Croatia & Morocco.

1 Like

Croatia is my go-to team in Europe and Morocco’s my go-to team in Africa, so I was very happy to see the way they both performed, especially Bounou for Morocco. Incredible performance.

1 Like

Nice one, you want to come back to that?
Italy not part of it, Germany out in group phase, Spain out against Morocco, Brazil still in (for now).

A lot of surprises in that WC, looking forward to England against France (big battle?)

1 Like