Why do people moan and complain?

Hahahaha, that’s the reason I adviced to turn down screen time, guys. In the Alchemy thread. Let this be an example.

The more you look at screens, TV, YouTube, Netflix and all other garbage, the more it weaves your reality for you.

A minute of silence for this dude…

2 Likes

Likewise noone wants carbon copies of Muhammed Ali, Bruce Lee, Johnny Depp. If I want to see a bruce lee movie i dont go and watch a bruce li movie. Neither do we want to be copies of Muhammed Ali, Michael Jordan.

How ridiculous when Bruce Lee died they tried to cash in on his movies look at this crap

We should NOT be copies or clones of others we should strive to be the best of ourselves.

3 Likes

we should follow our truest and deepest desires of our souls that wants to express itself

and this only happens when you heal, heal and learn your deepest lesson through healing

a trauma has something for you to learn and acknowledge
for me it was to realize that i have to love myself before wanting love from the outside

there is a saying : beware of a naked man offering you clothes

you cannot give what you dont have, in my case it was love

life is here to evolve you, you’ll realize the lesson when you heal and you will be grateful for that trauma cause it taught you something :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

after healing you will find the way to love, just remove the blockages away from the pure love and strive for greatness!!!

follow your heart!

1 Like

Astounding @Budewr this is exactly what our community needs…

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::heart:

1 Like

Absolutely.

This also includes this very forum.

Too many times I got the feeling to switch subs from browsing this board lol

3 Likes

I’m not even sure what that means… If you’re talking about genetics, then yes that’s definitely a contributing factor to athletic performance, etc. As a bit of a ridiculous example… If you’re 5’4" and haven’t been below 300lbs in 20 years, chances are you’re never going to play pro basketball. End of story.

But… So?

Don’t moan and complain about something you can’t change, just focus on what you can change. Overweight? Eat a healthier diet and exercise. Teeth so crooked it makes Austin Powers cringe? Get braces. Look like a slob? Get more fashionable clothes. No money? Start a side hustle.

I’m just shy of 6’3", but I’m also 15-20lbs overweight (rocking a dad bod lol). I also think I’m fairly plain looking… more Joshua Jackson than Brad Pitt. I’m not a millionaire (yet) but I live quite comfortably.

Yet, I’ve had girls who I consider to be “9s and 10s” fall for me. I married the best one of them.

There’s a LOT more to this than winning the genetic (or rich parents) lottery… what YOU put into it is a HUGE factor.

And one last thing… not 100% related but close enough.

One guy’s “5 or 6” is another guy’s “9 or 10”. Years ago a good friend and I were in a bar bemoaning our current situations with our ladies… as part of that conversation it was apparent that we had very different ideas of what a perfect girl was. For him? Tall, blonde, big boobs, and quiet/conservative. For me? Short & petite, dark hair, and a total nerd.

I haven’t measured the height of his (now) wife to see if she counts as “tall”, but she checks all the other boxes. And no, I don’t find her especially attractive physically. I can see she’s beautiful, but… not my type.

My wife? Cute AF, frequently mistaken for being 10-15 years younger than her actual age, 5’0", 95lbs, body of a yoga instructor (even after having a baby last fall), and she makes Star Wars jokes on a regular basis.

Me? Still a dad-bodded potato. lol.

6 Likes

Your comment is appreciated, but remember that justifying or correcting false statements is counter productive.

Guys think dating some hot woman will change something for them or looking better will result in better life somehow. It’s nothing more than ego boost.

And ego isn’t reality, but delusion.

A stone hits the poor and rich with same effect.

2 Likes

@Hurrikane for my own clarity (since I’m following this one), who were you responding to?

Blackice on trying to explain the guy something he refuses to consider.

Responding to false statements when no ill-intent is intended (ie non-trolling) is part of the discourse we’re all here for, so I was just offering my perspective.

I’ve also got different goals than lots of people here… I never really wanted to be a player and hook up with lots of different girls, I just wanted to find “the one”. As for my life getting better after meeting her… it did, but it’s because I found a new best friend, lover, and general life partner all rolled into one… and she chose to spend her life with me. But… I didn’t “get her” in order to make my own life better as some sort of trophy, I was able to attract her because I’d already taken steps to make my life better, aka to make myself more attractive (physically and personality-wise) as a potential mate.

5 Likes

Not what I intended to say.

Getting girls was just an example guys care about a lot, it wasn’t targeted towards you in anyway. It could be “born to riches” or any other excuse as well.

1 Like

Thank you for posting this. This needed to be said!

3 Likes

haha. My childhood best friend, with whom I used to fight and wrestle every week, grew to be 6’7" and I grew to be 5’7.5" (and shrinking)

I remember walking down the street with him one day, and bumping into a girl who knew him or of him.

I watched her face while she spoke with him and thought, ‘wow. I didn’t know they moved their faces like that!’

hahaha. So, yeah, women act differently when they’re impressed or turned on. And some of the things that impress them can be highly predictable sometimes. Just like with anyone else.

Your points are not wrong.

But what if we dig deeper? Often there’s more to be discovered beneath the surface appearances of things.

Rich people get depressed, and some are clinically depressed.
6’3" guys need to learn how to have healthy relationships or else they end up with problems like anyone else. (Though let’s not get it twisted, the 6’3-ness still helps.)

And as the cliche goes, you’re at a computer to type or read these internet forum posts, so you’ve got a whole lot going for you as well compared to many other people. And so on and so on.

The points have already been made here. You’ve got to use what you’ve got.

I haven’t actually checked the heights of Napoleon Bonaparte or Genghis Khan recently. I think Bonaparte was around 5’7 or so (although everyone likes to say he was 5’3). And Genghis Khan? I’d be willing to bet good money that he was less than 5’10. So, you too can become a genocidal conqueror with tons of reproductive opportunities!

Bad joke.

Anyway, if you look around, you’ll find the exceptions to the rule. It always comes from the mind. What you believe and how your beliefs influence you to make use of your internal and external resources.

Hang in there. And don’t give up @G-mac. It doesn’t matter if you verbally agree with the points in this thread. All that matters is that you keep on pushing. You don’t owe anyone else an explanation.

5 Likes

Lots of great points on this thread, and it’s refreshing to know that most people here want to lift each other up instead of beat each other down.

My three-cents on this would be that whether the reason why people complain is due to limiting beliefs, not experiencing something their “favorite” way, or expecting that things “should be” different…ultimately, the gap between current reality and their desired experience is bridged by acceptance, resilience and adaptation, imho.

When people aren’t readily able to adapt and overcome, they have a hard time. Hence the whinging.

I ran an experiment in a group class I ran (pre-lockdowns), where I implemented three overarching rules: no whining, no complaining, and no making excuses. There were consequences for breaking these rules and they affected the entire group, myself included.

It was rough in the beginning, to say the least. There are MANY subtle (and not so subtle) ways people express these things. (And that’s just out loud).

But a really good thing happened over time: everyone became far more resilient to unexpected changes and just did what they needed to do until the job got done. Over time, the people that were the quickest to have a whinge and a moan got it done with a “challenge accepted” vibe…because they became more accustomed to accepting reality, adapting to it, and taking the necessary actions to get closer to their desired experience (which was cool to see).

Well, this is the end of my cents:

People that take action, and have the ability to adapt to their current reality, generally aren’t the ones whining. And if they have a complaint, or a problem with something in their current reality, they take action to solve it and create what they want to experience. Entrepreneurs are the first to come to mind that fit into this category. Many others fit too, of course, as these qualities apply across the board.

4 Likes

Lots of interesting perspectives. RVConsulant specifically asked me not to use the term MB anymore i shall use the label entitlement seeker.

Then WAH am ah laughin’?!

3 Likes

:rofl: too funny mate

1 Like

To answer the original question of this post, people who tend to complain are the ones who either are unaware, or in denial of the principle of cause and effect. When you do something, it causes “ripples” in reality. Basically those who do nothing, tend to get nothing. They are getting back what they put in, which ain’t a damn thing. They can bring to change their mindset, and alter their own behavioral pattern once; if ever they realize, that if you have time to complain, then your ass has time to improve too.

5 Likes

I haven’t cringed this hard in a while