What power level should I use for Alchemist?

Hi,

I’m planning to use Alchemist throughout all of next year. I’d time it perfectly so that I’d start ST1 on Jan 1 and devote 3 months per stage. This way, the final stage would have its time completed on Dec 31. However, it’s not going to be the main priority in my subliminal stack. I’d basically keep it as a thread going on in the background, going slower than I would if it were the main thing.

To give an overview of what the main planned focuses are in my stack:

Pandemic

• Man For Himself (Terminus custom) — M/W/F (2-3 loops a day)
  • Khan ST1 — Tu/Th (~4 loops a day).
    • Likely to receive the name-embedded upgrade.

Post-Pandemic

• A Social-Focused Custom (Terminus-level)

Questions

• What power level should I get Alchemist at?
  • How would I fit it into my stack, given the schedule above? (# days/week + # loops/day.)
  • Bonus: For Khan ST1, what’s the best power level to keep it at to allow for stackability in my schedule?

@SaintSovereign @DarkPhilosopher

1 Like

The title itself just comes as Q strength. If you’re building a custom version of it, I’d still stick with Q. Don’t mix Terminus and Terminus, lol.

Tu/Th, 1 loop.
Saturday: 3 loops.
Sunday: Rest

Not ideal, but it’s exposure.

Q. Terminus and T2 are rough.

2 Likes

what about Terminus and Q or Terminus and Ultima? :slight_smile:

1 Like

There should be disclaimers like this on the Q store. I am building two customs and if I’d know this I would’ve bought the one I already built and ordered in Q instead of Terminus

It says that Terminus is considered experimental and so the general rules of stacking, etc do not apply to them.

A lot of customers are going for Terminus or Terminus² these days while Q is already overpowering, to begin with. And, I do agree with you here, perhaps some additional caution should be reserved.

1 Like

I did not see that anywhere during the custom building process. It should give adequate caution especially on the Build Title page and the Build Strength section. Only warning I saw was in regards to T2. Maybe I missed it but it should be more out in the open and transparent.

Tbh after thinking about it some more, it actually might be better suited for this first custom to be in Terminus instead of the second custom being in Terminus. But these sort of things should be extremely transparent on the store itself because the majority of SC consumers don’t even check the forums for info like this. Just my honest feedback

1 Like

Fairly underrated piece of information, especially I was considering shifting everything to Terminus!

1 Like

There are currently no general rules or recommendations for stacking.
Those who frequent the forum a lot may have a sense of it, or previous sense of it, and we may give each other our experience of what works or doesn’t. But in the age of Q, Terminus, T2 and Ultima there are currently no rules or official recommendations for stacking. (if I am massively missing something please correct me)

1 Like

Yea. Can’t wait For the stacking article.

Anyways saint’s reply alone is very enlightening, it shifted my thinking of how I’m going to stack different titles at different powers and took it in a completely different direction than anticipated.

2 Likes