What is a core?

Is it like the whole subliminal or a trimmed down lite version?

It’s the custom equivalent of the subs in the “Major Titles” category found on the main site.

The ones that are associated with archetypes. Emperor, Stark, and so on.

A Major Program Core module includes the whole subliminal script. There are some adjustments of non-essential elements so that it can fit into a custom with other modules.

2 Likes

Hi Malkuth,

I am currently studying all the various available custom modules.

Sometimes for some of the modules it sounds as if these would be already naturally be included inside a core module.
How can one know which modules are redundant when using which cores in the custom?

I am asking because if some modules are already naturally part of certain cores, then I do not need to include these in my custom, which leaves more open space for other modules that are not yet covered by the core.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Got to go, but I’ll give a quick response first.

The short version is this:

Consider the program core as a unified entity; not as a collection of separate parts.

If you include the Emperor program Core in your custom, for example, is best to think of what the overall contribution of Emperor will be to your custom. Emperor generally works for Emperor effects. Your overall Custom, in contrast, is harnessing all of the included modules to meet some more specific or personally-defined goal.

This may not answer the question thoroughly enough; but this is actually the essence of the answer.

Let me know if it’s not quite clear.

2 Likes

Thank you.

With your example, does this then mean that the more modules I add to my custom that would deviate from the goals of Emperor, the more deluted and broad my custom becomes?

The custom’s general direction of push is the sum-average of all the included cores and modules, correct?

For example having Wanted Core + Sexiness Shifter module in a custom:
While the Sexiness Shifter is most likely part of the Wanted Core scripting, adding it to my custom will create additional focus on this particular aspect, right?

1 Like

I used this guidance when adding Male Enhancement into a custom with WANTED Core.

2 Likes

No, I would actually present it as the converse.

When you are creating your custom, focus on the guiding Archetype of your custom. The Archetype you are building is not in our example, the Emperor archetype. If it were, we might not even need to build a custom in the first place.

You build a custom because there is a variant Archetype that you wish to build that is not sufficiently embodied by any of the already existing programs.

In order to build an effective custom, first clarify its guiding Archetype.

Then select the modules (including Program Cores) that will best contribute to that Archetype.

That’s the first, general principle.

But then getting back to your original question:

We know that within Emperor, for example, there exists the Strong, Effective Voice functionality. How do we know this? We can see it on the list of Emperor’s Objectives:

• Easily develop strong and assertive masculine body language and masculine voice.
  • Easily develop assertive, strong masculine language skills and manner of speaking.

So, imagine that you are creating a custom whose guiding archetype could be described as Persuasive Debater, Encourager, and Teacher.

Does this mean that since Emperor already has the above functionality then you do not need to add: Emperor’s Voice, Power Unleashed, Voice Master or any of the other modules related to Voice and Speaking?

No. Not necessarily. All of the functionality in the Emperor Program Core is going to be primarily contributing to the Emperor Archetype. But the vision of your custom goes beyond just the Emperor Archetype. So, it might be a good idea to include one or more of those other voice modules. As independent modules, they are freer to contribute to the overall Archetype of your custom.

This is part of the art of creating a custom. Choosing the exact elements that will best embody your desired Archetype, Vision, or Goal.

Remember, the last and most important element of a custom is YOU. The goals, the vision, and so on in you that work with and catalyze the modules of the custom.

I like to think of it like this:

If you feed a carrot to a rhinoceros, that carrot is going to contribute to building the rhino’s horns. If you feed the exact same carrot to an eagle, that carrot may contribute to building the eagle’s pinion feathers. No matter how many carrots you feed to the eagle, it’s never going to grow a horn.

Yes. That’s right. (Although, I think you’re probably actually referring to Physicality Shifter - Sexiness).

Also, there’s already sexiness and physical shifting in Wanted, but it’s going to be contributing to the Coquette archetype of Wanted. In contrast, Physicality Shifter-Sexiness will be more malleable to the archetype of the overall custom as well as to your conscious guidance.

This is probably not the best example, since sexy physical shifting may not be incredibly different between the Coquette archetype and other archetypes. But hopefully you still get the underlying principle.

4 Likes

There are some exceptions and subtle qualifications to what I’ve described (for example, your custom’s guiding archetype may be very, very similar to the Emperor archetype; and that would be quite alright), but the general picture is accurate.

I’ve made the statements a bit broad in order to let the points be clearer.

2 Likes

Thank you Malkuth for taking the time and explaining this to me.

1 Like

I really enjoy thinking about these things and trying to understand them. So, when someone brings up a great topic, as you did, it gives me another chance to work through the ideas.

Thank you back.

1 Like

This response is extremely well put.
Even though I’ve run 6+ customs in the past.
Never on ZP. So I feel like the total new understanding is good.

This part I’m not sure if I follow the analogy
Is the core define whether your growing a horn or feathers?

Also would love to see an eagle eat a carrot.

1 Like

Pretty unusual, I’ll grant you.

But here you go:

I didn’t really explain that part well.

I’m saying that the expression of your custom is ultimately shaped and guided by you and your own nature.

Let’s go the Full Corn.

"I’m saying the final module…is You!"

Just replace ‘Countdown’ with ‘Module’.

You’re welcome.

Seriously though, I think that it’s important to keep this awareness at the forefront.

Kind of relates to the point you made the other day when you wrote:

I think that the sub is going to activate potential qualities such as Strength, Confidence, Compassion, Resourcefulness, etc. But the precise appearance, context, and manifestation of those qualities may look quite different depending on the unique nature of the person.

I think that’s why it’s good to be flexible and to let your mind and the Cosmos surprise you in how they grant your wishes.

Anyway, that’s a different topic.

How it relates to the current topic of designing effective customs is to 1) clarify the Driving Archetype of your custom, and then to 2) be open and receptive to how that archetype may be optimally expressed in the context of your own unique nature.

1 Like