We Own The Night: A STKS Mixtape & Dance Party

That worked.

It’s impressive.

3 Likes

Also somehow reminded me of Pharrell Williams in N.E.R.D.

2 Likes

So what immediately stood out to me on this was drums on this. More industrial than hip hop. Which makes me think of getting caught up in the machine or grind people get thrown into. Contrasted with the rapping all about escaping it. The overall melancholy vibe feels like that space between having enough of the bs but not there yet or still fighting for that freedom.

Dope track though without a doubt. The melody on the hook is really catchy.

3 Likes

This is so cool ngl

2 Likes

This is actually sick. I wonder How a wanted song would be. And you can just it as primers

3 Likes

This is exactly the vibe we were going for. When we first started coming up with ideas for a R.I.C.H. song, it sounded exactly like you would suspect: a bombastic track talking about wealth and showing off money, etc. Then we realized that song wouldn’t actually connect to the audience the way we wanted – most of us, myself included are still engaged in some kind of hustle, while dreaming about what life will be like when we “make it.”

Hence: STKS on STKS on STKS, setting me free…

8 Likes

You old fool its a great listening.

1 Like

That’s my boy Lil Sub.

He next up fr

2 Likes

New track:

Subliminal Club - John Wingliss

The man, the myth, the legend. Move in silence.

14 Likes

Why is his name Wingless?

ai generated alpha name ehehe

3 Likes

My guess is that it’s a reference to the Bible and the Fallen Angel Lucifer, whose angel wings were snipped when he was cast out of heaven. It draws a parallel with the main character of the show ‘Lucifer’, who is definitely someone you would associate with the 'Wanted Black archetype.

3 Likes

Because he don’t need no wingman

4 Likes

No, John Wingliss is a character I created like 10 years ago. Different lore and backstory, but same concept. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

I don’t think Saint would use Lucifer as a symbol for anything. Probably ever.

For the same reason his counterpart is named Jessica Dark. It’s cool.

8 Likes

The show was ok, by the same creator as Californication.

I love this sub. We should create song lists in music thread for wanted black.

Like soundtrack to Drive.

1 Like

I’m feeling the kick drum on this. That double kick right after the fourth beat and on the one beat of some of the measures. And then when that snare-clap comes in, it’s like:

“Shut the f–k up…The King Speaks.”

(with love.)

4 Likes

@James see how Saint captures peoples imaginations and leads them through an emotional journey ?.

If you want to be like Saint learn from him :slight_smile: Will DM you some online courses.

1 Like