Valuable websites!

1 Like

Bionic Reading. It’s a font that highlights certain letters which makes reading faster while also retaining the information. You can convert documents and ebook files, or just enter a web url and it’ll do the trick. Good for reading large amounts of texts. It’s also quite easy on the eye and rather pleasurable as well :slight_smile:

7 Likes

This is awesome idea​:clap::clap: , I am interested to test if it will increase speed reading and the wpm "word per minute " ratio :thinking: . What makes me excited for this idea is that it may help me to love reading on devices . I am a big fan for paper books . But I am hoping this will help me in loving electronic readers .

1 Like

That would be awesome to combine with this one:

I read a LOT of research papers looking for specific info, and being able to power through plain language versions of them even faster would be a huge benefit. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Calculator Soup online calculator website for math, finance and more.

2 Likes

Convert jargon to plain english

Thank you for sharing this! I’m gonna give it a try!

And combining it with Bionic would be absolutely gorgeous. Although doing the conversation oneself isn’t that much of a hassle. Now I just have to find a scientific paper that I want to translate into understandable :smiley:

1 Like

Years ago I saw a website where you could paste in some text and it would flash each word on the screen super fast, so you didn’t need to move your eyes to read. I topped out at 1,200 wpm with full comprehension, if I recall correctly. No idea what the site was so not the most useful post here… but, I was just thinking that combining that as well would really allow me to absorb a ton of research papers in short order haha.

2 Likes

Forgot the name of the website but I remember using it when I was doing my thesis research.

Something similar: https://www.spreeder.com/

2 Likes

I find that some of the stuff people post on this forum is getting more and more difficult for me to understand.

Maybe this might be useful.

1 Like

2 Likes

www.google.com

I just want to share this tool. I read a lot online but reading can be tiresome, and I usually don’t have the time, especially while at work. So after a nudge and quick search online for text-to-speech tools and this was the top search result - and it’s actually really good.

https://www.naturalreaders.com

This one is a subscription service, but if listening is easier than reading it might be worth it if you read a lot of information and posts online.

I tried Text-to-speech some time ago and it was simply awful due to the plain-sounding robotic voices. But the tech has come to a long way and the voices sound way more natural now. While not perfect, it’s damn-near good close!

@Billions Not sure if relevant, but I figure I’d ping you anyway since you like to both listen and read at the same time for that juicy supercharged comprehension and information retention. :v: :blush:

2 Likes

Discord / midjourney . Ai for image creations and much more

2 Likes

Not a website, but rather a forum feature that’s quite useful but often not thought of (I guess?). I didn’t know where to post this but figured this thread was the closest…

Instead of keeping over 9000 forum bookmarks, you can just send a message to yourself with the links to posts or threads, or whatever. This way you can also add comments or written “tags” to whatever stuff you are saving, to make it more search-friendly.

When messaging, just select yourself as the recipient :open_mouth:

And yeah, I just remembered this myself :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

This is genius :brain: . I do the same thing with Whatsapp and Telegram, didn’t know you could do this in this forum though.

2 Likes

Haha yeah I do too, on Telegram and previously on Twitter… I’m a notorious information hoarder researcher - no I don’t have a problem with that cough cough.

Also, the messages you send to yourself on the forum are of course Edit:able, so you can put things that belong together into the “same message” for as long as you can edit it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is genius :brain: . I do the same thing with Whatsapp and Telegram, didn’t know you could do this in this forum though.

I sometimes send myself videos on whatsapp, with the dual purpose of bookmarking as well as compressing the size of them.

1 Like
1 Like

:point_right: Text-to-image AI Image Generator - Dezgo