Traveling the Paths of Wealth, Imbuing Vital Physicality (Custom Q Journal)

Thanks for reading my journal!

This journal has really grown quite long.

The quick answer is that my planned NAISSANCE custom is actually made of Alchemist and Quantum Limitless. It will be built around the stage 4 core modules of both of those programs. These programs are so important to me that I want to make sure not to skip anything. So, I’m going through the first 3 stages of them, spending 3 months on each stage. Once I’ve got that foundation under me, I’ll spend one month listening to stage 4, while I design and order the NAISSANCE custom.

The plan is for that custom to include Alchemist stage 4, Quantum Limitless stage 4, and Mind’s Eye. Then I’ll add the most relevant modules that are available at that time. Probably 17 of them, but we’ll see. The goal is to have the full power of those programs working for me as I move through the second half of 2021 and then beyond.

I consider myself to be running proto-NAISSANCE right now.

1 Like

No worries, it’s a pleasure to read your insights which I find really inspiring and valuable.

I understand your point but ultimately you’ll be playing only the core version of Stage 4 (both Alchemist and QL) and I suppose for a long time and a lot of the previous programming (Alchemist and QL - all the stages) will deteriorate anyway, I suppose. What do you think about that? Me myself, I would rather focus on playing those cores in a custom for a long time rather than on building steadily stage by stage to its full version and than switching to those cores anyway. I understand you started running Alchemist and QL before you designed Naissance so I perfectly understand giving up on it right now wouldn’t be reasonable. It was just a theoretical question.

Yes, I like your approach a lot, especially the difference between Foundational and Aspirational programming (if I remember correctly). It all looks very sound to me. I’m thinking about focusing on my Foundational programming myself and then adding some Aspirational programming. So there would be two customs for sure. I want to build the Foundational one based on Alchemist St4 and QL St4 cores too but I don’t really want to run those programs since I’m pretty positive I could handle it and I’m planning on running that custom for a long time, eventually stacking it with some major programs on the way to stacking it with my Aspirational programming (Transgressive Will to Power).

Thanks a million for your precious time.

1 Like

Nah, I actually love talking about this. hahaha. And I’m fine with the possibility that I may be off about some of these things. I appreciate your taking the time to read this and that you actually have an opinion about it.

Actually, this has been the plan the whole time.

I designed NAISSANCE some time before starting Alchemist and Quantum Limitless.

You wrote:

Based on my reading of the program descriptions, this is not how I view these two multi-stage programs. With Alchemist and Quantum Limitless, I view the stages as similar to the stages of a rocket ship, or also similar to the stages of development of a caterpillar.

In other words, the final stage is the fruition of the previous stages. It is not only a separate new stage, it also organically grows out of the stages that came before it. Of course, a person could jump to the fourth stage, but it will be a bit like skipping to the end of a great mystery novel. Yes, you’ll know the answer, but it won’t be as meaningful without the character development and exposition that came before.

Stages 1, 2, and 3 make important contributions to the process which enhance and optimize what Stage 4 does once you start running it. Stage 4 can do more because of the skills and capacities that you’ve built up through Stages 1-3.

That’s my understanding of it.

There’s not a deterioration of those earlier stages. The foundation and benefits that they’ve given you are integrated into and maintained by Stage 4.

Let’s say that you want to build your physical strength. And one day, as a gift, you’re given a free membership to a health club that is on the 45th floor of a skyscraper. The membership card is waiting for you in an envelope on a couch in front of the club.

If you take the elevator, you’ll still get the membership card and you’ll get to build your fitness in the club. On the other hand, if you train to be able to take the steps, then by the time you get to the 45th floor, you’ll have the membership card, you’ll get to use the club AND you’ll be in better shape to take advantage of that membership. Stronger legs, greater endurance, and so on.

The club membership and the club itself will give more value to you and you’ll be in better shape to use it because of the stages you went through to be able to get there.

This is how I’ve always thought of Alchemist and Quantum Limitless and that’s why I planned to go through the whole programs before introducing my custom built around Stage 4.

2 Likes

Ah, now I see where your thinking is coming from.

Sure, I think this could work too. The slow, gradual approach fits my nature and my preference. I don’t think it’s necessarily what everyone else should do.

In Western astrology, I’m a Taurus.
In Chinese astrology, i’m an Ox.

I like things made from oak and stone. hahaha.

One of my visions for my ideal homes is a mansion that is integrated into and indistinguishable from a mountain. That’s my ideal. haha. So you can see where I’m coming from. :slight_smile:

Yes, it’s definitely possible to start from a Stage 4 Custom. Also if you ever decided that you wanted more input from Stages 1-3, you could always go back later and run those concurrently with your custom. So, it works either way.

1 Like

As far as I understand it correctly, Stage 4 is an integration of all the previous stages and something more than that, some additional programming is included. I believe the previous stages serve only to prepare your mind for Stage 4 and there’s nothing in it which is not included in Stage 4 but it may be just less dense/intense in Stage 4. I wish I knew. But still, it may be just better to give your mind more time to integrate it all by doing it stage by stage, rushing to Stage 4 may look like this before your mind gets accustomed to it and you start benefiting from it to an optimal extent.

1 Like

I would have one more question for you, if you don’t mind, please.

Why did you choose Terminus over Q to build your customs? The obvious answer is because it’s more powerful. Yes, it is but it’s dicey, the risk of reconciliation is much higher, the results are not constant, it’s much harder to gauge your sweet spot or spot your execution/processing peak.

I read you did some experiments with StarkT before building your customs but I would love to hear more about that from you, please.

An Alchemist result:

At some point, I think right around the time that I was transitioning to Alchemist Stage 2: Refinery, I found that it felt natural and easy to introduce a second hour of meditation before bed. I don’t do it every day, more like 1-2 times a week on average. But that’s pretty amazing. It tends to feel pretty natural when it happens. I’m also finding a gradual deepening of my Vipassana orientation.

2 Likes

Hah I had caldo verde yesterday and skipped over the feijoada. I wonder what stage 4 of both Alchemist & QL will look like for you.

1 Like

I know of three ways, other than reducing or stopping play, to minimize or counteract reconciliation.

1. Physical strategies: The Big Three. Exercise, Nutrition, Rest. These are the main ways that we impact our physiological state, fitness, and well-being. I’ve focused on exercise.

2. Meditation. Activating the parasympathetic ‘relaxation response’ and cultivating an ongoing meta-awareness of mind and ongoing experience. This enhances our ability to deal with stimuli and stressors.

3. Action. Performing constant and/or vigorous action in line with the subliminal’s goals and purpose. This provides a powerful channel for the subliminal program to work and express itself. It also, I assume, contributes to a more receptive mind state.

2 Likes

Inspired by the recent articles on listening strategies/approaches, I was thinking last night about how I might adjust my listening after May 2021.

Currently the basic structure is:

Day A (Mon, Wed, Fri): PATHS Terminus Custom (meditation) and Quantum Limitless (2-3 loops)

Day B (Tue, Thur, Sat): Mind’s Eye Terminus2 (meditation) and Alchemist (2-3 loops)

Sunday: Rest Day

I make changes and adjustments around that, but that is the basic structure.

After May, those become:

Day A: PATHS Terminus (meditation)

and

Day B: NAISSANCE Terminus (meditation)

Last night I was floating the idea of switching from a 6 day to a 4 day cycle.

Day A would be Monday and Wednesday
Day B would be Tuesday and Thursday

That would leave Friday as a possible Day C. And I was thinking about how I might want to use that.

possibly a morning meditation with the DUAT Terminus2.

And Saturday and Sunday would be subliminal-free.

I’m thinking of starting my Dragon Reborn journey at that time.

Well, May is still quite a ways off. We’ll see how things evolve by that point.

1 Like

Had to bring him out of retirement for this.

April 2021. 4 months until they kick off. You know, all of these dreams and aspirations are wonderful, but frankly, I’m extremely grateful just to be able to walk the earth. Gets freaking crazy out here. (Can’t take our species anywhere.)

That said, taking this journey is awesome.

and I’m also hungry again.

1 Like

The 1-hour meditation that I did last night with DUAT Terminus2 felt about three times as long as the 1-hour meditation that I did just now with Mind’s Eye Terminus2.

Alchemist and Mind’s Eye Terminus2 are interacting to facilitate extremely smooth meditation sessions.

(Of course, when it comes to meditation, subjective smoothness does not automatically correlate with objective quality. So I don’t know exactly what this means; but I know that it means something.)

2 Likes

Hey.

Maybe you’ve mentioned it in your journal and I just simply missed it, so please accept my apology in advance, but could you kindly describe briskly your meditation routine, please? I’ve never done any kind of meditation and there’s so many guidelines on the Internet. I’m wondering if I could follow your meditation routine or you could advise me on how to tackle it, please. Thank you in advance.

Hmm…

Well, the first thing I’ll say is this: You’ve already meditated.

The word ‘meditating’ is similar to the word ‘exercising’. It’s a highly general, vague, catch-all term that includes a broad domain of activity. That domain of activity includes some behaviors that are just natural, organic parts of life.

I’m not being facetious when I tell you that, from what I’ve observed, cats seem to be quite skilled at meditation. I really believe that this is true.

Frankly, any animal that stalks and hunts by stealth is probably pretty good at certain aspects of meditation.

You’re right that there are so many instructions, techniques, definitions, etc.

For the sake of brevity, I’ll use one of the core frameworks from some of the Buddhist traditions.

From this viewpoint, there are two main categories of meditation:

1. Attentional stabilization
  2. Investigative contemplation

The first one more or less corresponds to what Dr. Herbert Benson termed the ‘Relaxation Response’. This was conceived as the counterpart to the ‘Stress Response’.

You may already know this, but just in case, the organ system in the body that governs coordination of and communication within the organism and also between the organism and its environment is the Nervous System.

One branch of the nervous system governs and coordinates ‘automatic’ physiological processes (e.g., heart rate, breathing, blood pressure, digestion, blood flow, muscle contraction, and so on). That part of the nervous system is called the Autonomic Nervous System. (autonomic means automatic, more or less). The Autonomic Nervous System has two branches. One branch, the sympathetic nervous system, revs up the systems of the body for dealing with acutely stressful situations (e.g., a bar fight). The other branch, the parasympathetic nervous system, calms and relaxes the body and devotes energy to long-term building processes (e.g., healing, recovery, regrowth). (‘sympathetic’ in this case is not about how merciful and compassionate the nerves are. It’s a word to describe their physical position in the body.)

Needless to say, we’re mostly overly stressed out. So, in most of us the Sympathetic Nervous System is overly activated. This leads to unhealthy imbalance. So, finding an intentional practice to activate the Parasympathetic Nervous System can be really healthy and restorative.

The recipe for activating the parasympathetic nervous system is simple and only has two criteria: 1) choose some safe, repetitive phenomenon, and 2) pay steady attention to it. These two criteria combined send a strong message to the nervous system that ‘We Are Safe’. And it begins to activate the good old parasympathetic response.

These also happen to be the instructions for the first kind of meditation.

Phrased more simply: Chill Out and Tune In.

The secret is: You can choose any safe, repetitive phenomenon. Raindrops falling on a window. A piece of music. Clouds in the sky. The ocean waves ebbing and flowing. The sound of a lecturer’s voice. The rise and fall of your own breathing. The beating of your heart. Your own voice chanting repetitively. Anything that is safe and repetitive. Then you just put your attention on it. Usually most stressed out people will feel bored at first. And then after a while, they’ll feel relaxed. And then most people will fall asleep. hahaha. (Because they’re walking around exhausted and need sleep.). If you’re rested enough, the next thing that will happen is that you’ll feel relaxed and chill.

That relaxed and chill mode? Some traditions call that ‘Access Concentration’. It’s actually the beginning doorway to deeper ‘Concentration Meditation’. So that’s all you need to know to get started with that.

One good idea is to choose something that you think is beautiful or comfortable or enjoyable. But you can choose anything. It’s probably just easier if it feels good to you.

As we do that longer, the attention becomes more stable. It’s not crazy or anything. Of course, if you’re not physiologically freaking out, then things would get stabler. We do a version of this every time we go to sleep. The special part is making the choice to do it while you’re still awake.

2 Likes

So that first post was about the first bit ‘Attentional Stabilization’. We’ve all done it to some degree. Babies do it a lot. When they’re just lying there staring at something; the exact same processes are happening.

The next bit ‘Investigative Contemplation’ is another category of meditative practice. This basically involves systematic observation of a phenomenon. It’s what a referee does when they are judging and overseeing a sports match. Take any process or object and observe it to see what all of its parts are and how they change over time.

There will be an increasing subjective intimacy with that phenomenon. Again, if you have ever been really interested in anything to the point where you spent a lot of time paying attention to it, then you’ve already done this one too. Painters do it when creating a portrait or a landscape. Composers do it when creating music. Business people and economists do it when they’re analyzing the marketplace. We all do it here when we’re looking through all of the subliminals and modules to decide which ones to purchase and use.

So, everyone has done it. They might not have called it ‘meditating’, but they’ve done it.

Here’s the thing: as you pay attention and investigate what things are, if you take that process far enough, you start to notice some similar things, no matter what specific object you are investigating. It can be a fashion magazine, the nighttime sky, or the physical sensations of your own body. if you investigate anything long enough, you start to notice some similar things.

Why?

Because there is one part in common to anything you investigate: your own attention and your own mind. (Just like if you watch any movie closely enough, no matter what the movie is, you’ll start to notice the film screen, and maybe even the light of the film projector. They’re always there making the whole process possible.).

So close, systematic investigation of pretty much anything, will (sooner or later) lead to investigation of the mind.

That threshold, where you start to observe your mind, is the doorway to that second type of meditation.

In traditional terms, the attentional stability practice is called Shamatha.

The contemplative investigation of the mind part is called Vipassana.

This is only one way of describing the whole thing. But there it is.

2 Likes

It’s an excellent explanation, thank you. I have one more post to read but I think @James could benefit from that wisdom too.

2 Likes

Those, briefly, are the basic ingredients you can use to create a formal meditation practice.

1. Activate and harness parasympathetic neural response by letting the attention rest on any safe, repetitive stimulus or phenomenon. (Shamatha)

and/or

1. Set-up an encounter with your own mind by paying close systematic attention to any phenomenon of your choice.

Some people combine these. Some people only do one. Some do one first and then the other. and so on.

Usually people are pretty attached to the specific context and objects that they’ve chosen for their practices. But also usually, (hopefully, anyway), this is because there’s some practical value or personal significance to the context and objects they’ve chosen.

Cats for example are really into hunting and killing because they enjoy not starving to death. :slight_smile:

So they become very calm and attentive and they (to some degree) closely observe the movements of small, yummy things that they then murder for food. (Well, I assume the cats find them yummy anyway.)

People who do energy healing may choose to pay attention to the somatosensory sensations in the body that can clue them into changes in their own and others energetic systems.

Football players pay attention to the 3-d movement of bodies in space around them.

Row boat crews pay attention to striking their oars at the same time and getting the angles right for maximum thrust and power.

Compassionate monks (hopefully) pay attention to their own positive and negative impulses in order to be nonviolent and helpful to others.

And so on and so on.

The nervous system is your home and your tool. Meditation practices teach you how to care for that tool and also how to use it skillfully.

I have my own evolving contexts and objects for my meditation, but they arise from my life experiences and from what I find meaningful and compelling. From your point of view, I’d say, fuck my meditation choices. They might not be what is most compelling and necessary for you.

See what you love, what you care about, what you need, and then allow yourself to gradually work out a way to pay calm, systematic, stable attention to it for 5 minutes, then 10, then 20. Do that once or twice a day, and you’re good.

But just for the record (to finally answer your question), here are some of my meditation focuses:

‘Graduate to a generalized sense of compassion for and resonance with the ‘I’ itself—for I-ness itself—in all of its forms’

‘take responsibility for what is generated, consciously and unconsciously, by/within the nervous system’

‘Experientially investigate the ontological implications of neural process’

Basically, the nervous system itself is an important grounding object for my contemplative practice.

i first did a bunch of zen. and now I’m integrating vipassana.

and, probably the most important word I use to focus during meditation practice:

This

and that is ‘nuff said.

haha

2 Likes

How about reading a book? Does it count too?

I read a bit about Zen, is it part of it? Would you recommend Zen?

Could you, kindly, give me an example, please? Could it be some image you like a lot and which moves you and inspires you?

That’s an awesome metaphor. :heart_eyes:

Could it be something less essential than that like a picture with my dog? :sunglasses:
Do you recommend Zen to start with?

Thanks a million! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@Malkuth, what’s your take on Brainwave Entrainment?

1 Like

Pretty amazing that you ask that right now. I just got back from my walk and, as I was audio journaling and working through ideas, one of the points I was reflecting on was brainwave entrainment. In fact, now that I look at the timestamp of your post (about an hour ago), it was probably pretty close in time.

:exploding_head:

Anyway, I’ll respond after I shower and such.

2 Likes