TOP 500 DPS In Overwatch 2 - GMX + ME + [⥀] TBD + Ascension Chamber

Thats the overwatch lmfaooo. This game is amazing at doing this to people.

1 Like

Indeed, it’s a good opportunity to practice to respond instead of react. A response could also be to block or mute the toxic person, as usually they are not in a reasonable state to be discussing things with, I’ve tried.

Reaction breeds more reaction. That’s what I believe at least. A person says something mean/unfair, I get angry and yell something hurtful or mean. In my case it wasn’t really game related though, but good example to discuss this idea with.

2 Likes

Very mature, that will also greatly help climbing, once you begin getting toxic, youll start losing so many more games. You see that so often with people that are pretty decent, but are just so toxic that they lose every single game.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s not easy I bet. Alot of pressure and easy to fall into ego if you’re at a high level. What rank are you in btw?

1 Like

Right now, plat 1. My peak in ow1 was 1 game from masters.

1 Like

How bout you?

Epic dude, you had that vibe about you to be highly skilled. I am Plat 3 in OW2, peak in OW1 was Diamond.

Day 7 - LBFH
I listened to LBFH on my headphones on the bus to work. I have troubles sleeping, it a takes time for me to sleep. I wonder if that’s my brain being overworked / recon. Todays gonna feel like a long day.

Going to hit up some aim training later tonight most likely.

POST-POST NOTES
I didn’t have time to practice today, work, family and date-night. But tomorrow we’ll get in some aim training and perhaps a game.

I learned alot from reflecting on a match, where my team couldn’t get past a point on a map (choke point), by visualizing as well as drawing on a 2D map image. I now have a better understanding of what happened and as well as having some ideas on what to do in similar situations in the future. Something I am very excited about. :ok_hand:

I’d definitely cut back a bit on LBfH, given that the healing scripting can trigger recon. I don’t play games competitively, but I can definitely notice a difference in performance if I’m experiencing recon.

3 Likes

Gaming Mastery + Mind’s Eye + Limitless.

2 Likes

Never thought about it that way. Thanks for the advice. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Definitely considering it! I am a developer as well and that cognition boost might aid both tasks.

Plus I realized I might need to switch LBfH for something else as it isn’t truly congruent to my goals of reaching top 500, and might even delay the process with recon.

Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

Day 8 - Rest day
Was a bit distracted at work yesterday after lunch, but I slept much better last night.

Yesterday I didn’t get any aim practice or games done, but tonights the night.

The season is about to end, which makes me feel worried and indifferent at the same time. I climbed from Gold 2 to Platinum 3 this season.

Usually when a new season end your rank gets reset and you fight for a new placement. In my experience in OW1 you usually start around a hidden base rank, that usually hava very slow progression, so I could start Gold again. I hope they at least put me in Plat 5 or Gold 1. I hope my base rank has gone up a level or two. Because I’ve gone up a few ranks and feel that the base rank should reflect that.

Anyway, I am far away from mastery, and going up and down in rank is natural in the process of learning.

Been thinking of adding some limitless or some other sub instead if LBfH, to increase learning and cognition to master OW2. Also because healing is not so congruent with my main goal with subs atm. But I am unsure, Limitless seems to also have a healing aspect, how powerful is this aspect?

Reflection and thinking ensues…

:man_shrugging:

POST-POST NOTES
Perhaps Beyond Limitless as it’s marketed as a less dense, faster acting Limitless. I assume it won’t have as much healing, if any. Seems to also share some objectives with Mind’s Eye so
might be overkill though.

I do have Inner Circle ZP already, and maybe this one will do for now. It might manifest a mercy main for my pharrah :smiley: No, but it might manifest people that teach me the game (although I am proactive and looking at pros and their guides). Perhaps it will manifest team mates that are on the same wavelength, out to have fun and also do their best in a positive manner. I might run this instead of LBfH until I can decide what to replace it with. Alot of interesting titles, but I need to stay selective and pick something that aids in this goal.

I didn’t do my exercises at first, but I did win my first two games, followed by a game of leavers, that ended up a loss, of course. So I decided to hit up the exercises after all and call it a day.

I didn’t call it day, an hour or two later I played some games with friends where I flexed (meaning I let the game decide what role to pick for me, and since this game has a high demand for the support role I ended playing healer for almost all 6 games and we won 5 of them. I had top heals, and on the last game I actually queued as DPS and had top dps. :slight_smile: The tomatoes are coming surely.

Idont game much these days but will return to my fav game in 2023. Cant imagine playing these new zoomer games tho lol only old rts for me maybe i got boomer genes and nothing like 300+apm good macro and micro wise outplaying someone, its like playing chess and you’re intellectually toying with them :slight_smile:

Clean fresh mindset is most crucial ,i had times where i could win top world players(ladder) and beat GMs in cups with very little practice but when mindset goes bad then lose to much worse people i would usually always beat on ladder. Interesting to get back into game with subs by my side and breaking chronic anxiety which stopped me before.
Good luck on your journey.

1 Like

Ah, yes, RTS is fun too, but I usually quit after a while as my zoomer mind wants FPS. What RTS game is that? Ah man sorry about the anxiety. Is it performance anxiety or just general?

Good advice, I find myself getting stuck in routine, and that usually doesn’t win games. Gotta view each game as a new opportunity where both your team and enemy team have different strengths/weaknesses. You gotta be as alert as possible and use those in your favor. But easier said than done :slight_smile:

You too man, good luck, and can’t wait for your 2023 gaming journal :wink:

1 Like

Really huge chronic overall anxiety ,so performance anxiety wasnt a big deal for me but i also find once you overwhelm your mind performance anxiety is nothing, had sometimes really fun and exhausting mental marathons, playing whole day then bo10 showmatch then right after a decider for nation league while game being streamed infront of few thousand people , that was a fun day :slight_smile:
Sometimes you gotta be in complete flow for hours for a showmatch, maintain decision making and have good ability to improvise on spot and have a fighter mindset , sometimes was down 0-3 in bo7cup seemed hopeless but once you completely let go it seems as if you’re mentally free and so i cameback 4 games in a row, was crazy and pretty funny :smiley:

I generally have a very competitive mindset and any game i played or committed to i was usually pretty good but never sticked too long to go full pro, had a chance with HOTS(blizzard moba) since i was top100 ranking eu even during closed-open beta phase but got bored and dont like to rely on my team performance ,much prefer 1v1 format.

Started rts for nostalgia i never really played rts online before and everyone was already crazy good at it ,wasn’t like fps or moba that you pick up pretty fast ,the learning curve is much harder, so drove my ego ( well sun,mars and saturn natal chart so intense personality combo ) crazy since im extremely competitive by nature and had me toxic often enough lol…

But was an overall good learning life experience and pushed me towards knowing my self and working more on my shadow self more.

1 Like

Nice, sounds like it was adventure dude :open_mouth: was it streamed on Twitch?

1 Like

Yeahh

1 Like

By the way try Ascension chamber experimental before you do GMX on a same day since it enhances any sub, let me know how that goes.

1 Like

I have AscCha, problem it is a bit heavy last time I used it adjacent to the day where I play GMX&ME, too much exposure. Maybe I can try to play a microloop though.

1 Like