The Official Subliminal Memes Thread

Hi @bombayduck .

I’m sincerely wanting to understand something that appears to be obvious to others, but may not be to me. I see you liked the above post. I want to make sure I can clarify what that means. If you are indicating that

would you please reply with text indicating so.

If not, would you also please reply with text indicating what you are referring to with your GIF post above:

@Melior @AlexanderGraves I noticed you liked that GIF. If you want to comment, please do so.

I’m open to what’s on your minds. Please do so with text because it will likely be more clear to me.

1 Like

Well just to be clear it’s about the little shame or weird feeling someone get when his post is edited by you and your rightfull moderation

I felt a bit ashamed a few times by the fact that I lacked enough good sense to remark that my phrasing was out of place lol (maybe not everyone liked that meme for that reason but I did for that one lol)

So it’s a little autoderison and joke when we get that little emoticon ‘’ RVconsultant edited your post’’ about our own behavior and how we go forward from there

The meme being : "damn where did I do something bad again "

You’re not at fault we are :joy:

Plus you’re really patient with us even taking the time to give explanation why the post was edited even if it was for obvious reasons so it’s all cool :+1:t2::sunglasses:

Thanks for your amazing moderation and being with us @RVconsultant, you’re Trully helping this community by making it a better place

3 Likes

First, thank you for speaking up and clearly articulating this.

If anyone has posted something before about this, I apologize for missing it or not enacting a better process.

I am truly sorry to you and anyone else who felt bad because of my redacting.

Thank you for clarifying. I really appreciate it.

As a further note, there is absolutely no penalty as far as I’m concerned. This is my intent: When we have more people coming here after a marketing campaign that could happen in the future, I want people to see this forum as a place of respect, and know how concretely the guidelines are applied, and that they are being followed. To be clear, my intent is not to shame or embarrass people, so I again, I’m truly sorry.

That’s very kind of you. TBH I am at fault. I could have done better, and I appreciate you mentioning this, as well as anyone else who did.

I could probably do that better actually.

Thank you, too, @Simon for the explanation. You’re the one who got me thinking more about this, so thank you for directing my attention where it needed to go.

@bombayduck I wished I could have understood better what you were indicating with your GIF. Next time if you want to bring something to my attention, would you please use text clearly indicating what you are wanting. Then add any respectful GIF you wish. :grin:

You are welcome.

3 Likes

Don’t be over concerned about it
It’s really not that big of a deal at least not to me

Sometimes it has helped me see that I wasn’t fully apropriate so it’s even preferable that it was edited
out

We know it, really it’s just my own reaction, more : “how did I think it was apropriate :skull: ughhh…”
(If I felt shame it’s because the sentences edited were for good reasons and it’s a bit painfull to remark that good sense wasn’t in my mind for those precise case)

So like I said above it has helped me think more about how I decide to frame certain sentence in more appropriate ways

And you’re doing it right in my opinion I don’t see how it could be done better, the fact that you leave gentle remarks helps not doing the same mistake later on

And yeah lol sometimes when I look back at some old post even those not edited by you RV, and there isn’t that editing option available anymore and see some grammar mistakes I’m bleeding internally LoL

2 Likes

Why feel sorry? It’s your job!

I liked this meme because I also had something edited by you a bunch of times and was like “Awww, what did I do wrong this time?” With a smile though. It’s funny. No need to worry.

Except for what Simon said when you cut out the words fully and the sentence makes no sense :wink:

9 Likes

Why so serious RV

There was nothing to bring attention to, it’s simply a joke on the experience that many users share. BLACKICE did a better job of meme-ing it anyway.

No offense intended to anyone of course. FWIW my official opinion is that @RVconsultant does a fantastic job as a mod; this is just me trying to be funny. :wink:

1 Like

Maybe you’re right.

It’s funny because it’s true. Thanks, man!

4 Likes

Rv: please enter a support ticket :sweat_smile::joy:

1 Like

Hahaha funny😂

@RVconsultant
The gif simply means: Come onnnn, not again :weary:
I noticed multiple times where you edited my posts and liked those which were good and I am okay with it

1 Like

Literally.

If I get a reply from Saint, my heart drops and my mind scrambles to remember if I made an inappropriate joke on someone’s thread.

If I get an RV notification with a pencil, I figure it’s well deserved and I slipped with a cuss word.

2 Likes

Real footage of @Simon gracing us with his wisdom:

17 Likes

6hh0lu

14 Likes

What I think I look like while listening to Quantum Limitless:

What I probably actually look like…

13 Likes

6 Likes

beer2

7 Likes

4 Likes