The Music Thread

Damnit. @SaintSovereign I was literally going to add this song this morning! :+1:t3: I love Selena so much. That’s crazy how you posted it.

1 Like

Another favorite of mine by lejla

@DarkPhilosopher your post yesterday brought this song back to me. I had to find it on my flash drive cause I couldn’t remember her name :wink:

First, I’m subtracting fictional points from lowrider for making two posts with text but no video. :wink:

Today my father was laid to rest (hence my lack of participation these past weeks). I barely knew him, but it still hits hard. You always think there’s still time.

Anyway, today’s contributions are in his memory. A man that embodied the principles of Emperor, going from living on the streets in his teens to building up 4 successful businesses and having 18 year old girls trying to seduce him well into his 60’s.

3 Likes

I’m raising a glass for him, @DarkPhilosopher. I wish you peace and understanding in this difficult time.

“I see a beautiful city and a brilliant people rising from this abyss, and, in their struggles to be truly free, in their triumphs and defeats, through long years to come, I see the evil of this time and of the previous time of which this is the natural birth, gradually making expiation for itself and wearing out.

I see that child who lay upon her bosom and who bore my name, a man winning his way up in that path of life which once was mine. I see him winning it so well, that my name is made illustrious there by the light of his…

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to than I have ever known.”

• Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
3 Likes

Sorry to hear that. Hope the best for you. My relationship with my parents isn’t good.

That’s very true.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

Because the holidays are just around the corner

@NewLease
That one’s awesome. Made it onto my playlist for sure. Thanks!

I love how that soft tapping beat in the beginning is by snapping a passport closed.

This one’s from my hot coffee playlist (GTA callback humor). Although not the official 7 minute version or video, I love having this video play on the TV in the background while making out. Gives her ideas. And makes me wish I had that snapping-my-fingers power.

Stive has a lot of stuff I like by the way. I won’t post it all. :slight_smile:
2 Likes

It was just pooping up on my home page over and over again and I was like let me give it a try. Glad I did…TADOW! Stive definitely about the bedroom vibes, I like :+1:

1 Like

From one of my favorite games ever.

And just to make up for that inappropriate awesomeness I posted above.

1 Like

Bard’s Tale, eh? inXile, developers of Bard’s Tale IV did not make many friends when they downgraded the game’s graphics for their Director’s Cut, saying it was an “artistic move”. The original with better graphics is now only available through “third parties” it would seem.

So, today’s category is tavern songs from favorite games? Okay, challenge accepted.

So many choices, but most of them are background tracks. This one is a performance.

I would have loved to have been someone that composes music scores for games. Like Jeremy Soule.

And because I’m feeling silly after thinking about tavern songs, you get this little ditty for good measure.

I shall migrate to Canada one day, but if I end up in Ireland on the way, I wouldn’t object.
3 Likes

Or was the category dead folk singers from the southern Pacific playing acoustic instruments?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZOAiSP1MGs

If I end up retiring in Hawaii after Canada, I wouldn’t mind either. If there’s anything left that isn’t privately owned by then. Bunch of barbarians buying up what belongs to everybody.

Yup, I’m an opinionated tree-hugger. :wink:

1 Like

New category - viking ballads.

So much emotion in his voice, I absolutely love this (and basically everything Wardruna have released).

2 Likes

I’ll let you have that one, after the last video (that won’t expand for me) I felt more like vikings going to war than a ballad.

Anyways, enough from me. I have strict fictional self-imposed rules for this thread that prohibit too many videos per day. I’m only making allowances today because they tell me it’s my birthday.

Hey, you interrupted my play when you edited your post! :slight_smile:

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes