The Capitalist King

Esto benignus. Qui te custodiat et necessitates alium protegens. Reliqua autem naturaliter evolve patitur.

Read a book on learning Latin many years ago but have forgotten most of it. The above translation from Google sounds right though.

Still doing my “I am” meditations and focusing on observing my breath. I will aim at mastering this before doing a body-wide awareness meditation.

1 Like

Yes, she is getting slightly better with acupuncture. Thanks.

1 Like

Yes she is getting better thanks.

A: Okay, we’re ready to engrave the motto. What is it?

B: Oh, it’s just: Esto benignus. Qui te custodiat et necessitates alium protegens. Reliqua autem naturaliter evolve patitur.

A: …

(spoken in unison): We’re going to need a bigger shield.

1 Like

Strange. Did I manifest an error flight booking?

An airline sent me an email saying that I need to make preparations for a flight to an overseas destination on the 30 of August.

That’s strange. I’ve never made any flight bookings this year.

They gave me the booking number but that booking number doesn’t exist on the airline’s web portal.

Edit:
Just called the airline and they told me there was a backend error in their system. Anyway, they let me be excited for a few seconds as I had thought that someone had booked a surprise flight for me and that I would really be travelling on the 30th of August. .

The above incident, lasting for a few seconds, seems to validate this theory. I just had a glimpse of what I wanted to see - that I would be travelling around and out of the country very soon- at least for a few seconds until I was knocked back into reality.

I deleted most of my social media today except for Facebook as I still need to communicate with certain people on messenger.

In way, I have been Marie Kondo-ing myself online. Lots of things online that do not spark joy within me.

In my latest dream, I saw that there was a lot of discussion about this book in this forum.

I haven’t read this book yet, but it seems that it’s worth the read. Robert Moses looks like what Emperor could make out of a person.

But The Power Broker is first and foremost a brilliant multidimensional portrait of a man—an extraordinary man who, denied power within the normal framework of the democratic process, stepped outside that framework to grasp power sufficient to shape a great city and to hold sway over the very texture of millions of lives. We see how Moses began: the handsome, intellectual young heir to the world of Our Crowd, an idealist. How, rebuffed by the entrenched political establishment, he fought for the power to accomplish his ideals. How he first created a miraculous flowering of parks and parkways, playlands and beaches—and then ultimately brought down on the city the smog-choked aridity of our urban landscape, the endless miles of (never sufficient) highway, the hopeless sprawl of Long Island, the massive failures of public housing, and countless other barriers to humane living. How, inevitably, the accumulation of power became an end in itself.

Moses built an empire and lived like an emperor. He was held in fear—his dossiers could disgorge the dark secret of anyone who opposed him. He was, he claimed, above politics, above deals; and through decade after decade, the newspapers and the public believed. Meanwhile, he was developing his public authorities into a fourth branch of government known as “Triborough”—a government whose records were closed to the public, whose policies and plans were decided not by voters or elected officials but solely by Moses—an immense economic force directing pressure on labor unions, on banks, on all the city’s political and economic institutions, and on the press, and on the Church. He doled out millions of dollars’ worth of legal fees, insurance commissions, lucrative contracts on the basis of who could best pay him back in the only coin he coveted: power. He dominated the politics and politicians of his time—without ever having been elected to any office. He was, in essence, above our democratic system.

2 Likes

I had a call with a recruiter.

I will be taking up a part-time temperature screener position at a hospital for 3 months. The hourly rate for the role above is the average, so I’m quite fine with the compensation.

Apart from providing myself with the much needed urgent cash, this will help me buy some time for my other business ventures to pick up and gain momentum.

Good opportunity for me to get out of my house and test out something like Libertine too.

2 Likes

Dreamt that I was in front of a mirror trying out different used spectacles as the ones I had been using were damaged. None of them were working perfectly sadly, and I had to resort to taking the working lens out of one pair to combine with the working lens of another pair.

Congrats man, stay safe though.
You also may have found success by looking ‘beyond your current situation’

The phrasing of that (you said it to me if you don’t remember) was so powerful, I will come back to it often.

Hows Dynasties?

One of these days when everything is not working according to your expectations.

Darn.

I will have to persist in running Glorious Dynasties every day and not hope for spectacular results for this week.

Very bad reconciliation today. :frowning:

Come to the realization that I must break my thought patterns.

They have been repeating themselves for too long like a tape-recorder that never stops playing.

I know what you mean. That’s the most beneficial thing these subs have done for me. It takes a while, but it does happen.

1 Like

In my dream last night,

I imagined that manifestation was like a black rectangular board that was covered by a gray square at a corner. Manifesting what you want would be done by moving the gray square around the black rectangular board because a movement of the gray square revealed things that you didn’t know were there, and covered up things that you always that should have been there.

It’s all about how we want to shift our perspectives.

My understanding of manifestation seems to have moved away from taking more and more action to fulfil my goals to understanding how to act in a state of “being”, where my actions are meant to reinforce my preferred state.

The concept of “wu wei” has been mentioned a few times in this forum, in particular by AMASH. Wu wei is closely connected to the Daoist reverence for the natural world, for it means striving to make our behaviour as spontaneous and inevitable as certain natural processes, and to ensure that we are swimming with rather than against currents.

https://www.theschooloflife.com/thebookoflife/wu-wei-doing-nothing/#:~:text=Wu%20wei%20means%20–%20in%20Chinese,follow%20Dao%20or%20The%20Way.

I think it fits in well with learning not to view our reality with the artificial lens (some people call it wool) we have put over our eyes, and how we will see what we really want to see if we “look beyond our current situation” @Azriel and know that everything that we do not want yet continue to see in front of us is an illusion.

Also, Neville Goddard says that something must be as natural as possible in order to manifest as the subconscious must be able assume that is real. The subconscious cannot differentiate between what is real and unreal. If the conscious mind tells it that is real, it will manifest.

So, at the end of the day, it all boils down to learning how to “be” in that most natural state.

1 Like

I’ve finally surpassed the post-count of 1250 posts. I never really thought I would have posted so much in this forum, especially in such a short-time.

Time to ask for a Arch-Alchemist badge?

I surpassed 600 posts on June 20 - that means I spent a little more than 2 months making more than another 600+ posts.

I’ve learnt a lot of stuff from many people in this forum and it has been a very exciting journey. Thank you @SaintSovereign and @Fire for creating this business and this forum.

Anyway, I’m now in being in the “reality”/“state” of Arch-Alchemist.

Reaching this stage is also a lesson on manifestation. At this point I feel like my online “reality”/“state” has changed in some unexplainable manner.

It’s like this is a manifestation that I almost didn’t care about - I mean I still have all the sucky problems going in my offline life to really bother - but I now feel like I am in a different “state” at least for a while to stay up late at night to post this.

2 Likes

Congrats!

You’ve reached one of my current life goals :yum:

@DarkPhilosopher
You wanna hook this guy up with a badge so all my shine in the light of his arch-alchemy ?

(pending if @King wants this of course… )

You’re a very prolific writer on this forum it seems!