Swordfish's Journal - Ascension

Hi guys! I guess this is my journal for Ascension.

Let me start off by acknowledging my skepticism. I realize it would be better to have a great deal of optimism but I’d be pretending if I did that so I’d rather just start off by acknowledging the truth. I’ve done various subliminals before without noticing any differences. Not just random subs, ones that I’ve been highly recommended. Haven’t noticed much at all. Besides this I’ve tried various other self-help methodologies such as Tony Robbins seminars, Landmark Forum seminars, EFT, Sedona Method, therapy. I haven’t found them to be of any benefit. Interestingly enough even ADHD medicine hasn’t helped despite by having a condition. So yeah I’m pretty jaded. But I emailed support sometime ago and I got a pretty comprehensive answer so I wanted to give this a try and nonetheless.

They recommended Ascension so that’s what I’m starting with. If I chosen something myself I might have gone with social mastery based on the name but this seems like pretty cool one as well.

Areas of my life that I want to improve:
Primarily my career and my interpersonal relationships. On the career front I’ve been fired a lot. I suppose that might be related to my ADHD but I don’t like to use that as an excuse because then I bought no power to change that. That said I do want to acknowledge the condition here. I will say though that my career does seem to be in an upswing these days. I’m hoping I’ll become permanent in my position and that’s never happened before. Usually I get fired before the 3-month probation is over. This is the first time I’ve had a 6 month probation And I’ve seen no signs off the boss being happy so that’s kind of awesome. That said they’re still ways to go from here because although I’m making more than I’ve made before and I’m feeling much more secure, I’m still making less than any of my friends and perhaps / probably less than people 10 years younger. So as long as I’m competing solely with myself I’ve never done better but I’m fairly behind for my age.

A bigger issue for me would be my interpersonal relationships. These are much harder to explain since there’s no objective measure unlike my career. But I’ve never really felt respected by others. And it’s not my imagination, you can tell others opinions a few by the way they treat you even though you can’t prove it.

So these are the two main things that I’m looking to improve on. Besides that there’s a lot of minor things that can be improved. Procrastination. My body. Sleep. Nutrition. Each of these can be improved significantly. I don’t think hitting 10 out of 10 on any of these will make me truly happy though. The first two major goals I discussed above is where the juice is.

When I contacted support they emphasized the importance of a journal and decisive action. I don’t fully get what I’m supposed to write in the journal and what action I’m supposed to take so if anyone would have any guidance on that I’d appreciate that.

5 Likes

Your journal is for you to read above all else. We here will read it too, of course. But write for your own benefit.

I find it easy to just note each day what subs you ran for the day, and anything you noticed that may be related.

Note the thoughts, ideas, sensations, perceptions, behaviors from the day.

Even the tiniest difference is noteworthy.

I’m all for skepticism as long as it’s the “real” kind of skepticism which is open-minded curiosity.

The fact you’re even here doing this tells me you’re on the right track.

2 Likes

thanks bro!

2 Likes

Welcome bro and good luck on your journey.

Actions in your case is that you show up where work happens and where social things happen. That’s a start for career and social relationship.

Going for opportunities that also in some way are related to those points. Work related event? Go for it. Calling up friends or people to do something social. My first day at my job I asked to be in all meetings my bosses had with customers just to learn about our service and our customers, I wouldn’t provide any value in those meetings, I was there to learn. To be honest I didn’t, I just did it because it looks good. :joy: Perhaps reading books about careers and respect. Maybe they’ll give you more ideas on actions.

:pray:

2 Likes

awesome thanks dude

1 Like

So today’s Day 1. Almost done listening to the first run of Ascension. Just finished reading the instructions. I wasn’t sure if it was OK to combine this with another track but it seems like it’s OK. I do have Love Bomb for Humanity, so not sure if I should do the 2 subs or I should just do Ascension twice per day. Would be grateful for any opinions.

I’m also seeing Ascension came with 2 Masked tracks, and 2 Ultrasonic tracks. I cant compare the 2 masked tracks of course. I assume one day we do the first track the other day we do the second? What if listening to 2 tracks of the same sub a day, would I do 2 x v1 on the first day, 2 x v2 on the next day?

Edit - 1 more thing. I read somewhere but not sure where that it’s OK to do other stuff like watching TV or listening to music, while doing the subs. Does the volume matter much at that point? Ie if before the TV is on the masked subliminal is quite soft is that OK?

1 Like

Hey uhh @Lion…can you help straighten him out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can run both Ascension and Love Bomb for Humanity, one loop each, one after the other in the following schedule:

Day 1: Ascension x1, LBH x1
Day 2: Rest
Day 3: Ascension x1, LBH x1
Day 4: Rest
Day 21: Ascension x1, LBH x1
Day 22 to 26: Washout

Run only the ZP v2 version. It’s the latest. Whether you want to run Masked or Ultrasonic is upto you but I would recommend Masked since Ultrasonic requires careful caliberation before using it.

Yes perfectly okay to do so.

As long as you can hear the trickling water sound, it will work.

(thanks for the tag, @Geoff)

2 Likes

Hi guys, I wrote the journal below but it got long so let me summarize what help I’d love from anyone reading this.

1. scroll down to the paragraph in bold and weigh in on the instagram stuff.
  2. let me know how I might make this journal better / more relevant.

Hi guys sorry I haven’t written here in a while. I’ve been doing the subs but am not quite sure what to write here. I also write in a gratitude log at night so it would feel a bit repetitive. But I haven’t written there in a while. I thought for now I might hit a few highlights over the past week.

So I’ve been on probation at my job for the last 6 months. We need to my past jobs the probation has been 3 months, this is the first time it’s been 6 months. And I’ve actually had major struggles with keeping a job in the past so this is a huge huge relief. In this case I could tell that they were happy with me and that I would probably pass probation so it wasn’t all that unexpected. But if you told me 6 months ago I would finally be able to keep this job I would have been elated. And either way it’s nice. So that’s one major accomplishment. We can’t attribute that to the subliminals given that this happened a few days after I started. But it’s a nice thing nonetheless.

Secondly I saw a girl on OKCupid that I matched with 6 years ago. Back then we actually had an argument so it didn’t work out but I always wondered how things could have been since I did get the impression that she’s a great person deep down. Anyway so I saw her. I sent her a message but expected she’d never see it given that on OKCupid I expect women have thousands of nachos. I once helped a lady friend create an account and she had a full thousand matches within the week. But in this case I got a response within 24 hours. I suppose it helped that I super liked her. And her message was very nice one, fairly long. So I was ecstatic. It’s funny how much of a difference one simple message from a stranger makes. I guess I have this enormous need for…Is this validation? Or something else. Unfortunately, unfortunately, the next day I installed a VPN on my computer for unrelated purposes. I made the mistake of refreshing the browser tab which had OKCupid on it and I instantly lost my account. Fuck my life. Since then I’ve been figuring out what to do. I’ve tried creating a new account multiple times, I’m different browsers, didn’t work, I even went to someone else’s house to use their Wi-Fi so I’d have a different IP address, that didn’t work either. I don’t know what the fuck is going on.

(in this paragraph - asking for advice from others - please read this part)
I could just reach out to this girl on Instagram. Normally that’s not cool but in this case since we’ve spoken it might be okay. But I believe when you message someone who is not a friend it gets filtered into some “Other” inbox so she might not see it? I don’t really Instagram much can someone else let me know?

The other noteworthy thing is yesterday I went out with my boys to celebrate my 6-month anniversary. I’d been visualizing this day since I got the job to keep me motivated. It wasn’t as much fun as I expected. One of the things that pissed me off is that my friend brought his cousin along really annoys me. And yeah this guy was annoying me this time as well. My friend acknowledged that his cousin is annoying and he said he’ll be in his best behavior. That wasn’t the case. I remember being really crappy in the first 20 minutes off dinner cuz I was so pissed off. Actually pissed off would be a very positive emotion, this would be more like upset. Which is a very common thing for me. I would love it if these subliminals could help me not end up feeling those feelings as consistently.

Another thing to mention is that recently I kind of stop being friends with an old friend of mine. It kind of sucks that I’m in my early 40s and this kinda shit is happening. But I find my friend to be very disrespectful towards me. The thing is, I know it’s not on purpose. But he tends to treat me differently than other people when we’re in group settings. Like he’ll act like I’m just not visible. I’ve been irritated over this behavior for years and I finally grew a spine and distanced myself. This was in November. In December our friend group went to Niagara Falls including the friend in question. He’s been going through a divorce for the last few years. And I have to say I have been incredibly helpful to him over this time. So while we were there he was talking about the struggles he’d faced and he thanked multiple people there in the room for helping him out. He even thanked one person who had helped him move once which I’m guessing took an hour. But he forgot to thank me who has been helping him consistently for the last five fucking years. So that really pissed me off. I’m sure it was by mistake, I completely believe that. But the fact that this kinda assholish behaviour keeps happening at my expense when he would never behave with someone else this way is the whole issue. So anyway, that really pissed me off, but also validated why it’s good to distance myself from him.

I bring this up because yesterday over dinner I didn’t call him to celebrate with me. And others were wondering why he’s not there. Two of the boys there knew why. But this actually became somewhat of a joking matter that I didn’t call someone because he didn’t thank me. I didn’t mind the jokes that much, that’s fine. But it did annoy me that the rest of my friends kept trying to find a way to justify his behavior. Saying stupid shit like let me play devil’s advocate blah blah blah. It’s like, you know his behavior has been incredibly disrespectful for years. Why not just admit that as opposed to trying to find a way around this. So yeah that was annoying.

If anyone would have any feedback on how I can make this journal better I’d appreciate it!

2 Likes

Well, if she knows how you look like and your Instagram profile has your face and name on it, I would say to just send the message regardless. In addition to that, you can send her a follow request too if you haven’t. That’ll maximize the chance that she’ll respond to you there. I assume she frequently visits Instagram so this feels like overthinking to me.

Also, try clearing your cookies. Your friend’s house might be too near to you, so it detects it as being part of the same neighborhood. What pop-up appears when you try to log-in to your account without a VPN?

You’re running :heartbeat: Love Bomb for Humanity with :necktie: Ascension, I would say you’re in good hands. You will learn to not let things outside of you affect your current emotional state, feel a stronger sense of self-love so that these kinds of things don’t upset you. You can learn to be straightforward with his cousin, even if that seems daunting at first. Best do it in private, then public if they repeat behaviour.

I’m definitely assuming here, so forgive me. Have you directly approached him yourself, sat down with him on a one-on-one talk to discuss that this has been hurtful to you? You would be surprised with what frank honesty can do for you. And if you have before and he still does it, then you need to set an ultimatum. Your boundaries need to be clear. At the same time, during that one-on-one talk there may be moments where you both become vulnerable and reveal things you didn’t know before. So also be compassionate when you can but love yourself first and establish boundaries.

Here’s what I would do. I would call him up, say we should meet up to talk about something serious. Then I would say this.

Conversation to Bring It Up
'Hey man. I didn’t call you to celebrate with me the other day for a reason. For the past couple of years, I always feel like you take me for granted. I have been helping through your divorce, I stood by your side together. But when we’re in groups, I just feel like you treat me as if I’m not even there. Do you know how that makes me feel? And I know I sound selfish but when you started thanking everyone in the room except me, I just felt pissed off. Really pissed off. It made me want to spend time away from you. This is just how I feel about this, it’s been going on for years. I just want to know why you do this so we can have a better relationship.

If he dismisses it, then I would say

First Response
‘Hey man, if you were a friend you’d take how I feel into account. If you continue doing this again, I am cutting you out of my life and distancing away from you. And I know you don’t mean anything unwell but I have to take care of myself first. All I’m asking is that you acknowledge me whenever we’re hanging out in our group’.

If he opens up and genuinely doesn’t know this has been happening, then I would say

Second Response
"Hey, it’s great that you know now man. This has been something on my chest for years and it just really reached a new point recently. So thanks for acknowledging that. So from now on can you start acknowledging me just like how you do for the others in a group? I would appreciate that.

If he says he has been acknowledging you (and he means it), then there’s a communication breakdown. I’ll go with

Third Response
Hey, I can see that you thought you’ve been doing this all along. For me, it hasn’t been that way. Maybe I am just not noticing it but I’ve thought about this for years and I’m certain. So, I would appreciate if I can see you acknowledging me in a group setting more clearly from now on.

The only other thing I could think of is if there’s a reason he doesn’t want to talk to you in public. Maybe you’re embarrassing to him, so he doesn’t associate with you. Or something happened between you and another mutual friend of yours in the group - so he’s trying to avoid drama. You can see how many different ways he could react to you and what may actually be going on in his mind. Which is why I suggest just avoiding him to not be the best solution if the relationship can be improved with a conversation.

Sorry for the long response here, haha. I can see that you made a good choice in choosing your subliminals. As you’ve said at the beginning of your journal, you have trouble with your interpersonal relationships. :necktie: Ascension will deal with the confidence, self-respect and boundary setting. :heartbeat: Love Bomb for Humanity will increase your self-love and in my experience, reduced my sense of unworthiness and insecurities which lead to me feeling less upset when I’m not acknowledged (and realize that it’s not intentional sometimes). In addition to that, if you’d like I would suggest consider adding :speaking_head: True Sell so you can understand why people disrespect you. It would also help with persuading people to understanding your perspective, since when you talked about this issue with your friends they basically played devil’s advocate and didn’t try to understand you.

I personally like to put a nice header for every sub-topic I talk about in my journal. This way it’s clear I’m talking about different topics and there’s more structure in my journal. A good rule I personally use is “‘Can someone figure out what all of the sub-topics I’m talking about in my journal is about if they’re just scrolling by?’”. If not, then I need to structure it so that it’s immediately apparent.

Also I love that you’re asking for feedback on where to improve, that’s a good mindset to have and I would consider that to be a form of :thought_balloon: Self-Introspection that’s useful to have when you’re running these subs.

2 Likes

Hey @Beowulf really appreciate your well thought out response man!

In addition to that, if you’d like I would suggest consider adding :speaking_head: True Sell so you can understand why people disrespect you. It would also help with persuading people to understanding your perspective, since when you talked about this issue with your friends they basically played devil’s advocate and didn’t try to understand you.

I’d consider adding a third subliminal, sure. I guess what I’m wondering about is, is it better to use one sub 3x/day, or 3 subs once / day. Or whatever the math is on that. If adding a third would indeed make sense then I can browse the list. Is True Sell the best to go with? Your description about understanding why others disrespect me would be a game changer. I’ve had this issue for decades and honestly I’m very confused. In fact one common thing others could say about me (and my sister will say this every time we meet) is that “Dan (me) always thinks he’s right.” And they’re completely right, I do think that ie every time I find myself in conflict with someone I think they’re misbehaving, my behaviour is appropriate. I never understood this though. Don’t we all think we’re right when we’re in conflict? Or do you all realize your behaviour is inappropriate and do so anyway? That seems weird to me. That’s not to say I’ll never realize my fault later on. That happens, once in a blue moon. But yeah I’ll never behave inappropriately while realizing it. So this is something I’ve always been confused by. It seems a bit too good to be true that a sub will give me that awareness?

Well, if she knows how you look like and your Instagram profile has your face and name on it, I would say to just send the message regardless. In addition to that, you can send her a follow request too if you haven’t. That’ll maximize the chance that she’ll respond to you there. I assume she frequently visits Instagram so this feels like overthinking to me.

I suppose I am kinda sorta overthinking it. There’s at least some reason for that, though perhaps not sufficient. If I had no other option I’d do this. But here’s my concern. I’m wondering if it might be better to create another okcupid account and message her there. That’s actually maybe not the best strategy because even if I do create another account she might not see that message (women get thousands of matches). So I’m kinda arguing with myself here, but that was one of my concerns. The other is… I’m kinda embarrassed to admit to this but oh well… I’ve stalked her profile sometimes over the years. I dont instagram enough to know how it works. But I wonder if she might’ve gotten some kinda notification at some point. And if so, she might not connect the dating account to the guy who stalked her (innocently!) but might connect the instagram account to that. Soo yeah that was my concern. Thoughts?

Also, try clearing your cookies. Your friend’s house might be too near to you, so it detects it as being part of the same neighborhood. What pop-up appears when you try to log-in to your account without a VPN?

Nah friend is no where near. Like 45 mins drive away. There’s no pop-up that appears now, I just cant login. Actually I think it asked me to use my phone number to login. I never use my own phone number on these sites though, there’s places you can rent phone numbers for number verification, so I was using one of those services. But I dont have access to that number anymore.

Thanks very much for the advice you gave about the friend. Unfortunately we’re well past that. I’ve been having issues with him for years and yes spoken to him numerous times. When I spoke to him about his behaviour a few months ago (maybe 3 months ago?) he said yeah yeah I get it you’ve brought this up with me 50 times. So he’s aware of the issue. We could argue that I didn’t handle the conversation perfectly at any point in the last few years. Maybe yes maybe no. But I’ve definitely made my efforts. I remember the results after one of the conversations we had maybe a year ago. So one of the behaviours that pisses me off about him is that if 3 of us are hanging out, lets say him and me and John, he’ll say something like ‘hey john look at that’ or ‘look at this menu John’ or ‘how do you like the decor John’ when I’m right there. As if I’m not there. He’ll never do the opposite, ie exclude John and talk simply to me. So anyway, after one of these chats the next time we were together (not sure if on phone or in person) he’d say the same type of thing with a slight modification - ‘hey john look at that decor - and Dan you too!’. I dont know if its coming through over text how pathetic that is. I dont want someone recognizing my existence simply because I said ‘hey you better acknowledge me’ it should be a hell of a lot more organic than that. It’s essentially a Freudian Slip about his true feelings. Another example would be that when I help him out a lot he wont have any particular gratitude he’ll just expect it as if I owe it to him while with others he could not be more grateful. So yeah, there’s an obvious issue there.

The only other thing I could think of is if there’s a reason he doesn’t want to talk to you in public. Maybe you’re embarrassing to him, so he doesn’t associate with you. Or something happened between you and another mutual friend of yours in the group - so he’s trying to avoid drama. You can see how many different ways he could react to you and what may actually be going on in his mind. Which is why I suggest just avoiding him to not be the best solution if the relationship can be improved with a conversation .

I would agree with you that there’s a reason in the sense that there’s always a reason for something or other. But I suspect it’s because of an underlying lack of respect, not because I’m embarrassing him or anything like that. I mean we have others who we look up to or consider close friends and I’ve unfortunately had people who I kept around because it was convenient but I didn’t have a lot of value for them. Not great of me I suppose. So I suspect it’s more like that here. But I can tell you other friends have gotten involved as well and he hasn’t said anything to them about any kind of resentment towards me or why his behaviour is off so I think my very negative assumptions are also quite accurate.

I personally like to put a nice header for every sub-topic I talk about in my journal.

That’s a great suggestion, thanks dude!
Do you have any suggestions on what behaviours I shoudl try to engage in, that I should be reporting on in the journals? Or just go about my day?

Also I love that you’re asking for feedback on where to improve, that’s a good mindset to have and I would consider that to be a form of :thought_balloon: Self-Introspection that’s useful to have when you’re running these subs.

Thanks bro! Appreciate the compliment and appreciate all the time you took here.

1 Like

So here’s a support article that explains it. If you’re running three subliminals it’s basically:-

Day 1: A + B
Day 2: Rest
Day 3: C
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: A + B

and so on until the 21st day, then you take a 5 day washout (no listening).

Based on the objectives + with the other two subliminals in your stack, I believe this to be the case.

I actually laughed when I read this because I totally understand you and did this myself :joy: . I used to think, “Yeah, of course I think I’m right. Why else would I argue for my position and in this case I know that you’re in the wrong, so why wouldn’t I? Isn’t finding the truth of the matter important to resolve this? It’s not that I necessarily enjoy it, it’s just important that you realize it so I can help you and we can end this disagreement.”

Now, I get that it’s a bit more nuanced and there’s actually a hidden layer to it. What they’re actually saying is, “Dan always like to argue that he’s right to the point that it hurts my feelings. Even if he’s right and I’m wrong, he didn’t do it in a way that I’m happy with. He could have dropped it and leave us both happy, it wasn’t even a big deal”.

This may be a bit hard to explain and it honestly left me confused when I first thought about it. Basically, let’s assume a situation you are undeniably right and she is 100% wrong. Let’s go with a benign example. She took your food in the fridge and ate it. You confront her about it and she says she didn’t eat it. You saw her ate it, so this isn’t true. Logically, you’re in the right. When you’re talking about this with her, you’re going in trying to tell her she did ate it. You might talk about what you saw her do prior to doing it, how you told her earlier that day that you’re going to buy it and put it in the fridge. She might just repeat herself and deny it. You’re obviously upset, she just ate your food in front of you with your own two eyes and she’s denying it. And later she’s saying ‘Dan always says he’s right?’. You must be thinking, ‘What the hell man?’ Maybe it escalates into an argument or one of you leaves because they’re annoyed.

The solution to this is three-fold. It’s delivery, understanding the weight of the disagreement and give the benefit of the doubt + assume the best of intentions (within reason). So what I would suggest is you must approach in a inquisitive manner that gives them an “out”.

‘Oh hey, do know my food is? I kinda left it in the fridge. Do you know where it went? I’m not saying that you necessarily did it though’.

There’s something called pre-framing here (a sales technique. If you’ve noticed, I’ve been using it everywhere here). You basically let them know you are not accusing them so it prevents them from getting anxious and lying to you. This lets them confess if they intentionally ate it knowing it’s yours since if you come in with letting them a possible out without pain, they will take that option. If not, then they will then say it’s an accident. They may be lying, sure but they admit to eating it. And it could very well be the truth that they accidently ate it. Either way, it’s a win.

Now, what if they’re still adamant about saying the didn’t eat it? What you do is only explain once about why that isn’t the case and move on immediately. So you say, ‘There’s nobody in the house except you and me, I could have sworn I put it in the fridge too. Nevermind, it doesn’t matter. It’s all cool.’ So how’s everything with Josh?’. Drop it, move on and do something else with her. What would happen is that she might let out that she did ate it later on and she felt guilty about doing it. If she still doesn’t, then she must genuinely be incredibly forgetful or she is lying straight to your face. From the beginning till the end, you have to give the benefit of the doubt and assume the best of intentions. Assume she really did eat an entire pan of pizza (or something else equally ridiculous) without remembering. And assume that even if she is lying, maybe she’s worried about how you’d react telling her the truth.

Interestingly, you can see that there a now a much higher chance she reveals she ate it at all (half-truth or full truth) and a higher chance that she’s honest about whether she ate it knowing it’s yours or not (full truth) compared to the previous approach.

By doing this over time, you will build a reputation of letting minor things go and of not really being (or appearing) harsh when people do mess up. This will make people respect you more, lie to you less/believe in you more and stop saying that you are always looking to being right. This also makes people more willing to open up to you.

You might be thinking that wouldn’t people start having negative views of you if you let things slide when the disagreement is about whether you did something wrong when you know you’re right? Paradoxically, it’s the opposite and people would give you the benefit of the doubt in return. They will in return “let things slide” and forget about it. What’s left is a positive impression of you. The reputation you build offsets any possible negative individual event. Character change will lead to reputation change, even though it may occur slowly. Hopefully this makes sense to you.

Now the situation is quite different when we’re looking at more serious issues (infidelity, stealing, etc). The same principles apply here but you only apply it here if the situation is more vague. This is also where trust but verify comes in to play. But I think it’d be too long to explain that now haha.

Same way I felt a few years ago when I encountered SubliminalClub. If you journal everyday and take action, you’d notice things change in ways you wouldn’t expect. Regarding :speaking_head: True Sell, when I first used it awhile ago I thought it wasn’t working after a month. Then I realized I basically only looked at where the interactions went wrong and didn’t consider all the situations in which they went right. Progress takes time too. That’s why journaling is important and encouraged here, it lets you see what’s going on that you may have missed. Humans get distracted, explain away things and use fallacies in their day-to-day life. This can be even more apparent with subliminals, where the inner changes are subtle. Journaling cuts down on a lot of that and makes you stare at the truth in front of you.

Journal every day. Could be personal or public (like this forum). Could be physical or through an app. I recommend starting out with a private journal on an app since the barrier to do it is so low. What matters is consistency, not the medium. I prefer myself to write physically but I know I’m a little too unmotivated to do it which is why I journal on my laptop.

I’ll respond to the rest of your comments later. I need to grab some food now :laughing:

Don’t worry, she won’t be notified that you’ve been stalking her account. If there was a notification like that, everyone on Instagram would be screwed :joy: . I suggest you just hit her up on Instagram, say you couldn’t log-in to your OkCupid account because of:-

not being able to access your number. From what you said, she sent a nice, long text. She’d appreciate that you reached out to her as long as you’re straightforward about it. I don’t think it’s worth the effort to make another OkCupid account to reach out to her. Maybe consider that as a last resort.

Okay, I see it now. So I don’t get the feeling that he’s intentionally sidelining you. I also don’t get the impression that there’s some kind of external reason like your friend group that he doesn’t talk you. I do find that quite unusual. Occam’s razor tells me it sounds like he treats you like a friend but he doesn’t appreciate you or he just forgets about you since he enjoys other people’s company more.

In that case, not inviting him to things is fine. Sometimes some friends don’t appreciate us or make us feel appreciated so we don’t spend time with them anymore. Distancing yourself from him at this point is probably in fact a good idea. If you guys ever get involved in a group again, you can just focus on other people and if he asks you for help, you can reject it. So I would say your intuition is quite right. I would still suggest explaining why you’re distancing yourself from him if you can though, so he knows why you’re acting this way. After that point, the ball is in their court.

Well, here’s a couple of pointers.

1. You finally managed to keep this job so what I’d encourage is to try and become irreplaceable in the workplace. Work hard, charm your co-workers and develop good relationships here. In terms of journaling it means to document what specific actions you did to do that, especially doing things you have never done before.
  2. Did you know what makes a good leader? Competence + warmth. Once you have both, you are admired - according to research. So I would say developing yourself in those two areas would be a good way to increase your respect in any group.
  3. To increase your competence, it would be a good idea to set your life in order. In your personal life (working out, fixing your diet, sleeping well, etc.) and your work life (study things related to your work, help your boss with his work and not take credit, etc).
  4. Ascension in my experience is great for achieving goals in general. Learn about SMART goals and use that to improve progress in all areas of your life.
  5. First habit that would be great to work on is :pen: journaling. Focus on one habit at a time and I think you’ll work out great.

Okay, I see it now. So I don’t get the feeling that he’s intentionally sidelining you. I also don’t get the impression that there’s some kind of external reason like your friend group that he doesn’t talk you. I do find that quite unusual. Occam’s razor tells me it sounds like he treats you like a friend but he doesn’t appreciate you or he just forgets about you since he enjoys other people’s company more.

Yup exactly. And that makes it much harder to try to find solutions for. If someone was intentionally doing something then presumably they’re angry at something specific I did, we can discuss and be done with it. This is something deeper and not necessarily fixable.

I would still suggest explaining why you’re distancing yourself from him if you can though, so he knows why you’re acting this way. After that point, the ball is in their court.

I’ve done so multiple times. I’m not sure he gets it because last we spoke (on text) he apologized for his behaviour and pretended he’s taking ownership for his behaviour but mischaracterized my position and made me seem at fault. And I don’t think that’s because of a lack of proper communication on my part. So not sure if it’s because he’s just stupid or because he’s getting so defensive that he needs to make it my fault in his mind or some other reason. But there’s been no lack of communication on my part. I won’t be trying anymore with him.

1. To increase your competence, it would be a good idea to set your life in order. In your personal life (working out, fixing your diet, sleeping well, etc.) and your work life (study things related to your work, help your boss with his work and not take credit, etc).

This is a good point. I think the biggest domino would be my sleep. That tends to be really fucked and it manifests as my waking up to login then going back to bed until whenever I have a meeting. So that’s not great. And it probably has a bunch of non-work-disadvantages. I’ve lately gained a bit of weight and I wonder if that might also be because of my bad sleep.

Btw I saw you post a video 3 days ago, 55 mins. I started watching it. Seems pretty cool!

Is there a way to send private messages to others? I’ve seen a couple cool posts from months ago but dont want to clog up the thread by referring to stuff over a year old.

PS - I just added that girl to instagram and sent a message. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Click on my profile and a big blue Message button will appear. Some people do choose to change their profile settings so that they won’t receive messages though, so that’s something to be aware of.

not seeing it buddy. here’s a screenshot.

I get it if I click Beowulf’s name right here on one of his posts in this thread.

maybe i need to be here longer?

You’ve been here since August '22. Not sure. I’d put in a support ticket to be sure. Seems like you should be able to PM by NOW. Are you able to see PM buttons for anyone else?

We can call in the forum moderators and see what they think.

@RVconsultant Can you help out @Swordfish ? He can’t PM anybody.