Subs that help in handling criticism

Which subs in your opinion and personal experience can help in developing a thick skin to criticism and only accept the criticism you think is valid.

2 Likes

You basically want a stronger sense of self. So I reckon that anything Alpha is good. Khan, Emperor, Stark, GLM, etc.

A fragile sense of self = sensitive.

Hence why they use the term “thick skin”, it’s because thick is solid, strong and hard to penetrate. That has to do with the robustness of your self-perception and frame. How much belief and confidence do you have in your own self-image and who are you are as a man.

Usually when you transition into an adult, you automatically develop thick skin, because you’re independent and it’s required of you in order to traverse the world and go through challenges.

The young tend to have sensitive skin because their sense of self is underdeveloped and more outwards dependent.

When your sense of self is outward dependent, it becomes very weak. Subconsciously looking for approval from others and being dependent on other people’s views, perceptions etc in order to feel safe. You basically become like the wind, lol. The external just makes you however it wants you to be.

Conversely, a strong sense of self is independent from the external. It’s internalized and unmoving. It’s confident and grounded in itself.

Criticism → expressed through words → reaches your ears or eyes → gets processed by your mind

In that process, the criticism you receive is taken as a criticism of your sense of self.

That’s the mechanism.

This happens because the sense of self is externalized. So everything is taken personally.

The barrier/thick skin is the internalized sense of self that is independent from the external.

The weaker your sense of self, the more you take it as an attack and the greater the defense mechanism = reacting.

The stronger your sense of self, the less you take it as an attack and the less need there is for the defense mechanism = stoic, responding, unperturbed.

What you have to do is strengthen your sense of self.

This means stuff like:

• being comfortable in your own skin
  • confident in your power
  • accepting who you are and being okay with making mistakes (we’re all human)
  • understanding you’re not obligated to consider all forms of criticism and that you have a choice on how you want to respond or react to it (self-control which is a byproduct of personal power)

I don’t know, that’s all I got lol

15 Likes

Excellent post. I found this to be very helpful, as it has shown me how I can help myself in this area. Thank you!

This is why I refresh ‘latest posts’. Good info gets posted often!

3 Likes

It looks like you need to develop confidence, healthy boundaries and the sense of self-worth. If the lack of them stems from traumas then SE would be a great choice if you just haven’t developed those qualities well enough yet then Ascension is your way to go. Mind that other alpha titles like Khan and Emperor do it as well but they contain a lot of scripting you don’t need right now, perhaps, and Ascension offers a laser-focused approach in dealing with what you want to deal with.

4 Likes

I agree with alpha subs that increase confidence and self esteem.

I would also add in a sub with light healing and positivity scripting, like Sanguine or Sanguine the Elixir.

My vote would be Chosen (positive alpha) and one of the Sanguine’s.

2 Likes

@Luther24 you didn’t just give recommemdation you also diagonised my problem. This is everything I have been feeling but was never able to put into words. Thank You!!

3 Likes

power can corrupt… criticism is a form of power move especially if it’s destructive.

2 Likes

In my personal experience Emperor (along with Power Can Corrupt) was really good for being objective about criticism. WANTED was very good for being nonchalant about what others said about me. And Renaissance Man was empathic while at the same time emotionally mature to handle critique.

Godlike Masculinity is the best though since it has stoicism and self-control so I can see that coming in handy.

So yes, many titles have the ability to help you here and chosing almost any Alpha title will help you based on the way that particular title handles the situation you are facing or upgrades your personality to handle things life throws at you.

3 Likes

I am a long time lurker so i feel like i should tell you i always enjoyed reading your posts, to me they sound “realistic” and practical. Thanks!

2 Likes

lol feel free to start a journal and join the welcoming community

2 Likes