Stocks with great potential.?

Ok so I thought since most of us are on a path of building wealth, I thought it would be a good idea to open a thread where we can discuss stocks we believe have such great potential to multiply our money.

If you’re from The U.S what do you guys think of AMC.? Is it going to pull a GameStop.?

Ok, what happened with GameStop?

It was a naked short squeeze with enough people with enough money to move the market.

Do these conditions still apply?

Right, that’s for AMC, Now lets expand our thinking.

Is this repeatable, or rather are the conditions that are favourable to making money repeatable often enough to actually get good at it and actually make money as a lifestyle choice?

ATD-B.TO

TTM for their major product is down 20% but gross profit is at a record high so management know what they are doing/they have some sort of moat.

Priced at 15% earnings, usual is high 20’s.

Ten year compound divi per share: 25%

Think about their business model and the price you pay for each share. Whats not to like.

Edit, I feel I have to add this.

This is not a stock recommendation. I do own it but am pointing out how I made my decision to buy which is what you should focus on. [Moderator Edit: Please stop posting phrases that could be directly, indirectly, potentially, or hypothetically insulting.]

2 Likes

@remarkable I see so you’re bullish on AMC then. You seem very knowledgeable on this whole stocks thing,what do you think of a stock by the name of Lantern Pharma.? From what I’ve gathered it seems to be a stock ready to do big things soon have you come across this one in your research.?

Three points.

1. I am not bullish (nor indeed bearish) on AMC as I have no idea if the conditions above are met.

2. Am I really very knowledgable, how can you tell? (Think about it).

3. Never heard of Lantern Pharma. Why do you think it will do “big things” and what does "big things " actually mean? Why don’t you actually come up with some details instead of waffle.

There is also a fourth point I would like to bring up. There are at least half a dozen other people on this forum who have mentioned the stockmarket/trading/forex etc. In fact some have even mentioned paying good money for courses. Why have they not contributed?

When i was about 10 years old my brother and me noticed the stock prices in our parents newspaper. We gave ourselves a mythical £100,000 and picked three stocks each. The next weekend we checked these shares and I had made just over £3,200. We then forgot about it.

In the last year of secondary school I get my introduction to annual reports as a few of us do accounts. The teacher, a certain Mr Tuck is a tall and stern looking older gentleman who always wore a suit. And even though he looked stern he was actually a gentle giant. And looking back it must have been a relief for him to teach us as we were one step down from the clever kids and apart from two periods of accounts each week he only had the really thick kids. I imagine he must of had investments himself, but of course at that age I didn’t think to ask him although he would have almost certainly answered as he talked to us like adults.

Fast forward a few years and I read about a public schoolboy (who went to Harrow IIRC) who had made £50,000 by waiting till lunch time and walking to the nearest phone box to place his trades with his broker. If he can do it so can I, I thought to myself.

Another couple of years go by and I buy my first share. For the next six weeks it slowly drifts downwards and I am down 40%. And I realise I have no idea what I am doing. And then it becomes a takeover target, I say thanks very much, sell into the market and actually make 40% profit.

I then went to the local library and got every investment book I could get and started my education.

A few things to ponder.

Start to read as much as possible.

Ask yourself “where are the customers yachts”? In other words, how do other people consistently make money (as in real money, as in properly rich)?

Why do so many people sell trading/forex instead of using it themselves to make money?

Don’t run a paper port, you need real money on the line to see if you can handle the psychological aspect.

The biggest tip I can give is learn to accept reality in every sphere of life. It doesn’t matter what YOU think, what your ideologies are, what society tries to tell you, the only thing that matters is what is real (and no, you don’t have your own reality).

Do you enjoy reading annual reports (start at the back and work your way forward). Do you enjoy walking around factories and shops etc and thinking about their business models and how they are run, can you spend the next ten years working hard and going without all the usual consumer crap to be able to invest the most you can?

If not, then stick to mutuals in your 401 and accept that this isn’t for you.

Good luck.

1 Like