Solitude & growth - Experiences on Terminus Custom

Okay so to answer this I have to elaborate that I trade options contracts and not straight stock prices. The value of an options contract is determined by something known as “the greeks” (delta, gamma, theta & vega). I’m not going to go into each one because each is fairly extensive but just understand that each one helps determine the value of a contract.

The very basics to understand about options contracts that they expire and can be purchased at various strike prices. Unlike stocks where if the ticker is @ 100/share and that’s what you pay, I can buy an options call at the “strike” price of $90 and an expiry of 30 days. Thus if the price is anywhere above $90 after 30 days (even if it drops to $95) - I make money, despite that the stock was trading at 100.

Contracts also have their own intrinsic value. If I buy a 90 call strike and the a ticker moves from $100 to 120, then the intrinsic value of the contract itself has gone up from what I paid for it. I can then opt to sell that contract at its increased value for profit before waiting for its expiry.

When I say I never open a position that risks more than 1% of my account, I mean that I will never buy a set of contracts that is worth more than 1% of what I have. For debit options contracts, the most you can lose is what you paid for the contract(s).

However let’s say that stock moves downward, unless it is a very quick dive the contract will still have some (but not much) intrinsic value - in the event that it bounces back up. So if in your example of I have an account of 1000 euros and I open a contract position worth 10 euros which then drops, I can opt to sell it when it as an intrinsic value of 5 euros (losing 50% of what I put in vs a value of zero where I lose the full 10 euros).

I learned this as upside/downside potential and it certainly factors in to when I think about entering a position but it’s only one of many factors

20-day SMA, 30-day EMA, 50-day SMA, & 180-day SMA lines + the occasional Fibonacci indicator

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying. I’m less familiar with options, but from what I know, you’re on the right track.

1 Like

Options are more complicated than only a stock hahaha

I’ve been casually learning about options for the last 2-3 years. Only in the last 3-4 months have I really taken it seriously though, still learning! The nice thing is that I’m still following all the same “rules” as regular stock trading so things like technical and fundamental analysis remain largely the same

It’s only more complicated in how they function & how their value is determined, it also makes it harder to get in at “good” price sometimes. Where the value of a stock will always be what its ticker price is, an options call on a contract that is already moving upward will be more expensive because of it’s immediate direction (ergo the best time to buy is a red bar day in an overall upward directional trend).

There’s a little bit more that helps to understand, but you’re still looking for things to go up and down in the same patterns and betting on those patterns (or external information such as news, public policy, etc.)

3 Likes

Crazy, but right now I’m so not hungry, I eat like one small meal of 800 calories… I am burning fat like crazy (but also muscle, but since gym, are closed I don’t really care I’ll have to build it back up anyway)

once the gym back am guessing you be hitting the gym real hard, by then whatever sub scripts will be ready to run and help out
you do any workout at home still?

Yeah, some cardio/muscle circuit. It’s only to pump my muscle and keep moving! :slight_smile:
It’s fast simple and it works the major muscle of the body!

2 Likes

I will take a break from trading, this week overall (and the past few weeks) have been pretty hard for me, but it is not going better… I know I need a clear mind to trade and right now I don’t have a clear mind.

Break from subs?

I don’t know, maybe. My doc switched again my medication to Prozac and requested me to go see a psy. I’m thinking of moving somewhere it’s sunny during the winter next year. Maybe the cayman island!

1 Like

There are other models. I think some are reduced UV.

1 Like

Really appreciate the help :slight_smile: :heart:

I have never tryed UV lamp tho!!

But I have tryed all stuff in self improvement for sleep and energy… Now I’m trying prozac, I’ll admit I don’t really have any expectation for it. I know that the fact that I believe that there are no solution is also a factor, in the sense that I might be putting limitation on myself. I wonder if I run my physical enchancement sub, could it modify my epigenetics, maybe change my body to make it function more efficiently?

What if I made a huge shift in my listening? 3x loop of my emperor fitness custom, 2 loops of my Khan+Medici+SS custom (specially made for investing)… Mixed with a loop of RICH. Maybe it would help me keep my health in check!!

This is actually a “blue light” and I think some units state they reduce the UV it emits.

I think blue light is supposed to help with winter blues or poor mood.

1 Like

Two years ago I started posting here and I joined the subclub’s community. I had no idea what types of changes were awaiting for me! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m glad you’re here and changing in ways that are to your benefit.

1 Like

My friend, I’m glad you are helping me. How old are you? I like having people with a different background give me opinion on a situation!

By the way, i am lucky enough that my father is a doctor (dermatologist) and we will try something. There is a UVB lamp for phototherapy at the clinic where he works and I might be able to try it! It’s good for vitamin D production and it also produces a lot more chemical reaction into the body! Study finds that this exposure helps with mood and is not dangerous for the skin… Compared to UV A alone which are linked to increased risk of skin cancer!

I will try this in a few weeks!

2 Likes

You are welcome! Stand by…

Check it out.

1 Like

For you and the forum, since you guys share so much. I’ve been amazed by the return of these portfolio : https://www.optimizedportfolio.com/all-weather-portfolio/