Sending a new PM

Hey,
Anyone know how I can send a personal message to a user on this site? I can’t seem to find a way. In my own messages area I can only keep replying to the discobot greetings message and when I go in a user’s page I can only look at activity and have no messaging option…?

2 Likes

Welcome Kalimero!

New users on this forum need to have a short period of normal activity to show they are good honest people, before all the functionalities are open to them, including PMing others.

It is a normal procedure to avoid the problems of spammers and bad bots.

Any reason you need to PM someone rather than post about it in a thread here? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks!

Been lurking for a few months and only recently registered on the forum, so this makes sense.

I was trying to register for the EmpQ test run, and SaintS asked for a PM, so I was looking for how to go about it :grinning:

Just 2 minutes ago I got the level raise, so the message is off.

Thanks for the help! A lot of the new user joining info mentions asking or messaging for help and it’s not exactly obvious, but I’m just happy to know it wasn’t that I missed the option of PMs, but that it wasn’t available yet

2 Likes

Hi,
Also new here and with the same issue :joy:
Is it a question of time or do you need to do something in specific to get the functionality?
Thanks!!

1 Like

I don’t remember exactly, because it was so long ago, but I think when you finish the required tutorial from that Robot helper thing, at the end, it will tell you.

1 Like

I got the level up after finishing the robot tutorial (look at your messages) and spending some time reading and answering posts while logged on, hope that helps

1 Like

Just got it! Thanks to both

2 Likes

You are welcome!

calimero-pohadka

3 Likes