Saint Sovereign's Journal (HERO Origins + Khan Black ST 4)

So how many cores can we put now then?

1 Like

Saint is talking about the Core that Q uses to process subliminals. It’s been upgraded to now handle multiple cores while before it was only using one.

6 Likes

That song is pretty chill. I did notice an increase in “chill vibing songs” when I run chosen.

1 Like

Just listened. It reminds me a bit of training montage music. Like the hero training and overcoming all obstacles (preferably within a 2 to 4 minute time frame).

For that reason, it makes me think of Saint working through all kinds of tasks and building Sub Club the way Tony Stark built that suit.

HopefulPortlyAmmonite-max-1mb

c62b7125f58d1c4a01849bbba907ad12

6EKX

2 Likes

Small request since we are in this context: Can we have it so that “Genre” is set to “Subliminal” (or something similar) in the mp3 metadata?

Thanks

2 Likes

lol “Subliminal” is exactly what I set in for the genre.

1 Like

lol, yes. I meant that the computer the Quintessence software is running on has multiple cores, but Q was originally programmed for single core performance. Q-Programmer has now added multicore support for a few of the steps in the creation process.

I told ya’ll that this upgrade was less exciting than the others. It’s more a backend thing, with a refresh of all the original ZP titles. We have ideas for drastic changes, but it’s a bit too early to start testing and instituting those.

16 Likes

Doing a few more tests tonight, then upgrades will start tomorrow (if all goes well). @Fire and I were just “reminiscing” about how we once were building these by hand, and the nightmare that was. The time @Fire’s computer crashed at the end of building Khan (which took about two weeks) and he lost all the files and had to start over. Now, I’m close to the point where I can queue up the upgrades for every title, walk away and everything will occur automatically, and we can possibly get the entire catalog done within 3 days.

38 Likes

@SaintSovereign

So is this part of the automation of the Q system you guys were hoping to implement before ZP became a thing?

2 Likes

@SaintSovereign I love these “behind the scenes” journal posts; I’m sure the reality is a bit more mundane, but some part of me imagines that SC HQ is pretty much a geeky high-tech audio version of Willy Wonka’s factory… :rofl:

8 Likes

Encouraging to hear, you and fire are doing gods work.

Any idea which titles are going first or will it just be at random?

3 Likes

Most likely alphabetical order, outside of the Emperor test that I’ll be dropping in a few hours. There’s a few things I need customer feedback on.

First, I need to make sure you all still get results.

Second, the change from 192k to 320k has changed the way Solace sounds a tiny bit.

The subtle hiss from the water has grown louder. Given the fact that Solace is run through Dolby’s API when made, it’s not a simple EQ job. I can fix it, it’ll just push everything back quite a bit, and I’m not sure if all this is even worth it. So, I’ll wait for feedback and see what happens.

This does mean that the overall project will be pushed back a tiny bit, but only because I want ensure that I don’t get overexcited and release a product that isn’t ready.

25 Likes

I’m considering running CWON in tandem with my PS/HS custom and my Inner Circle major. I’ll let you know if and when I do.

2 Likes

If Q v2 to ZP was leap in sub development from 100 a 150 on an imaginary scale, how big of a leap will these upgrades be if all goes according to plan?

3 Likes

Ah right

Stark would have been swell as I don’t own Emperor myself. Hope budding emperor’s here can test and feedback

1 Like

I’m not sure if you could expand on this or not, but what’s your main concern here? Like what changes could potentially lead to less results?

4 Likes

Anything can lead to changes in results. Subconscious is a bit fickle, not to mention being almost unknowable by anyone other than yourself. The change in the perceived volume (from moving to 320k from 192k, stated above) can change your results, as now the track is inherently clearer and louder.

Not sure. I was targeting anti-recon, which doesn’t make the sub “stronger,” but does make it easier to run. Also, this upgrade was less about raw power and more about all the subs being consistent, and Q being able to automate a lot of the process.

10 Likes

This was posted on a member’s journal and I didn’t want to intrude on their conversation, but THIS is exactly what we’re intending with Zero Point. No forcing, no interjecting of what we believe, but a “conversation” that helps you develop your mentality.

This is what I was talking about in regards to consent on the “Mind Control” thread. No subliminal can MAKE you do anything, but they can motivate, inspire and show you new ideas.

19 Likes

I’m very interested in testing flac if that’s ever an option. Higher bit depth in particular. I’ve found sample rate isn’t as readily noticeable for me but the way dynamics come across on 24bit are way more detailed. How that translates to subliminals though I’m not 100% sure, this has all been in context of music.

3 Likes

We’ll add flac eventually – I mentioned that a few posts ago. The issue right now is that Q-Programmer is very busy and we have very limited programming time available. Moving from 192k to 320k was easy, as all I had to do was open the code and change a few settings. Adding .flac support (in the way that you’re all going to want" is a bit harder. I think. Maybe I’ll try this out tomorrow.

13 Likes