RVConsultant: Topics, Ideas, and maybe Q&A

I’ll be happy to answer them. Learning about what the human body is capable of is a passion of mine, and fasting has a lot of potential in helping us heal and overcome the deficiencies in our modern environments and nutrition.

I’m considering starting a fast alongside you. As experienced as I am, it’s always hard to start one. Feeling that I’m not doing it alone is a good motivator.

2 Likes

At least for the time being, this seems to be true for me too.

I just learnt that that’s exactly I’ve been doing since I started practicing yoga. On top of that, I eat a lot of vegetables and chew everything thoroughly. I’ve lost over 20 pounds in seven weeks.

Agreed! As an added precaution, I’ve found out that saunas can help maintain muscle mass, so I plan on doing a sauna at least 4 times during my fast.

@Hoppa (you are tagged because I thought you might be interested in this sauna benefit if you don’t already know it)

I’m on day 3. So I’m ready when you are mate!

You are never alone with this forum. Someone is here for you. I can do my best to be too!

Right now the oddest thing is just food. How much time I spent eating, preparing, planning, and shopping for food. Now I have thoughts about food which are a bit intrusive. Not much discomfort in my abdomen from hunger, which I knew would happen because I’ve done 4 day fasts before.

I also had a dream about eating potato chips and other things and then I thought “Wait! I’m supposed to be fasting! What happened?” Then I woke up. Thank goodness is was just a dream.

3 Likes

BTW did you ever read Dr. Fung’s or Dr. Longo’s books on fasting?

I’m hesitant to do that fasting mimicking diet that I think is about less than 500 calories a day for 5 days maximum for 4 times maximum in a year.

My concern is that I think caloric restriction long term can lower metabolism, and that lower metabolism may or may not be reversable.

I know this fasting mimicking diet is very time restricted, but I just don’t want to take any chances. It’s also fairly new. I hope it works out, but I’m reluctant to consider it.

The reason I decided to fast is because during March I would have times when I didn’t want to eat, but I did any way because I’ve been going to the gym more.

1 Like

@emperor_obewan

You’re welcome to post it here no matter how personal you think it might be.

I don’t know how you’re deciding appropriate. As long as it is within forum guidelines, that’s fine by me.

I just spent most of my day on the phone with the last hour of my day spent helping a guy with a multi hundred grand debt who had very little conception of how to attack the problem other than he wanted to dispute owing it. He had services set up that should have been cancelled years ago and his account was nuttier than a fruitcake. So to say I’m exhausted now would be an understatement and rewording my DM to remove information that’s personal to me, is not exactly what I want to be doing right now.

So imma leave off going into detail about what past circumstances contributed to my reaction to what you said. Suffice it to say there were a few things, but you mentioned advice so I’ll just say this. If you were addressing what you saw as the groups potential emotional concerns (“people”), address it to the group rather than to me personally. Personal language can turn something that was meant in general into something personal.

And I had just spent about a week considering multiple factors leading up to my decision and reviewing different threads, so to have it suggested I hadn’t already considered all of what you said with the implications that I would do something like what you mentioned was a quick route to frustration.

Anyway, I’m over it, let’s move on from that, but if you want to address something you think the group might need to hear, address it to them rather than to me personally, especially if its along the lines of what you posted.

@RVconsultant

I think I’m experiencing the first obvious result from DR. I’ve run DR4 for almost a month now.

To me, people here on the forum seem to be like kids on Xmas morning. Excitement through the roof while waiting for the Qv2 subs.

I used to be like that too, before DR.

Now I feel it’s more like a distraction. I will of course upgrade my stack once all the new versions are out.

But I’m not in any kind of rush. I don’t expect my results to change radically with the new versions. Enhanced yes, but still ultimately the same slow and steady, inevitable results I’ve been getting with the earlier versions.

4 Likes

Ah saunas… I miss those so badly.

Somewhat similar to what Hoppa is feeling, I am excited, yet on the fence to switch to the new build completely right now, even though I did try it EQv2 today and had a pretty good time; That’s probably it for me. In a day or two I’ll be switching to ST3, so I’m mentally preparing for that.

My plan is to stick with Qv1 just to minimize potential for recon, and until I see how DR ST3 treats me.

2 Likes

What are those obvious results?

What I can add this is that I’m feeling less attached to what others might think is really important. It’s hard for me to watch mass media because many of the things presented seem uninteresting to me. I have felt my sense of self stripped down.

Some people seem to get more dramatic results than others. I’m in that category. Others don’t feel much of anything.

I would encourage you to play 1 loop of the Qv2 and wait a day or 2 to notice what happens before proceeding further.

I’m not feeling like a little kid on Xmas morning. I used to with all the new updates and whatever. That has clearly changed.

It’s the first thing I have noticed. I’m sure there have been other changes happening under the surface.

1 Like

I haven’t watched TV for years. I do watch sometimes Netflix etc. But that is rare too.

I don’t have that sense of self stripped down feeling. More like I’m sure of who I am and what’s my purpose. I have been feeling lately that I know exactly what I need to be doing. This might be another clear sign of DR working.

1 Like

I understand. I am going to GRADUALLY shift to Qv2. When I updated my playlist to Q, I did it all at once. At one point, I had to take 9 days off. Even on rest days the subs still felt like they were running in my head.

Until there are official recommendations, I would encourage people to play 1 loop then wait a day or two to notice what happens. Then evaluate.

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying about your results.

It could be you don’t have much healing to do. That is a possibility. As for me, I’ve been a worrier most of my life so I have plenty to heal.

I’m wondering if DR is helping your productivity or your plans for your business.

I think this is true. I had a stable, safe childhood. Although I was really shy, nothing traumatic happened.

I was a bit lost during my twenties, but nothing I couldn’t ultimately handle.

Might have helped to clear out some lingering issues that were slowing me down.

I am a bit more productive, but I think that’s because I’ve had some interesting work to do. We’ll see how it goes after this current project is finished.

1 Like

My guess would be that you have little healing to do. Perhaps this is why you have little or no reconciliation with subliminals in general. I would ask you to consider 90 days of DR st4 then re-evaluate. TBH I’m asking you to consider 90 days as over caution and potential over kill. That’s my bias because I dislike it when an issue sneaks up on me.

If I had to guess, I would guess that at the end of 90 days of DR st4 you might feel like DR is unnecessary, unless DR st3 might appeal to you.

Also you may not have big results with DR. It may be more little results because there was little for DR to do. For me, I had big things to deal with, so I got big results. I made DR work overtime.:grin:

1 Like

I’ve run through all the stages, 1 month/stage.

Now I’m kind of feeling like I don’t need DR4 for the moment.

I will most likely keep it as a semi-permanent part of my stack. Need to test the new version alone for a few days before I make a decision.

1 Like

Understood. Thank you for posting, and please keep us posted… even if you’re getting small results.

I forgot to answer here. Personally I have found that heavy calory restrictive diets tend to confuse the body. Are you eating or fasting? Which mode should it pick? As a result it never enters fasting mode, leading to more muscle loss. Not to mention constant craving for food.

I’m not worried about metabolic slowdown. Most of the metabolism is linked to the musculoskeletal system, so as long as you have muscles and strong bones, your BMR can not go below a certain point. Although after a few weeks the body will go into a form of power-saving mode much like a computer, where it slows down everything and you need to move around for a bit for everything to reach maximum speed again.

I remember when I did a dry fast. After three days without water it took me about 20 minutes to get back to “normal” after waking up. For those first 20 minutes I looked like a senior citizen with a walking aid. But I could literally feel things slowly revving up inside my body, gaining speed until everything was running well again.

And YES, a human body can survive without water for longer than 3 days (I lasted 5), as long as you don’t eat either. Up to 14 days actually, provided the air has a high humidity so the skin and lungs can absorb some water, distilling the rest it needs from burning fat and anything else that’s wrong with the body. Including tumors, according to Dr. Filonov’s research. Don’t expect to be very active after day 2 though.

When it comes to the calory restriction diets, I believe the 5:2 diet is quite successful. Which is essentially doing those 500 calories 2 days a week and eating normally the rest of the week.

I still prefer Brad Pilon’s Eat Stop Eat method of doing a 24 hour fast once or twice a week. Maybe it’s because I’m lazy and don’t want to have to think about things. I never got into juice fasting because I really didn’t want to clean the juicer after every drink. :slight_smile:

Another one I know works is ADF (Alternate Day Fasting). There’s a YouTube channel of a girl that did that for a year I believe and ended up losing pretty much all the excess weight.

Of course, combine any of the above methods with 16:8 or even OMAD (One Meal a Day or 23:1) and you’re golden.

Completely unrelated, but what is the singular of calories? Does it even exist? Calory never makes it through the spellcheck.

Wow! Thank you! I need to think about this.