Reconciliation: good or bad?

As I understand, reconciliation arises from the conflict between what is being fed to your subconscious and what’s actually experienced in life. So based on this I’d think reconciliation is a good thing, because it’s proof that your subconscious is picking up and internalizing these messages. However, I’ve read many times the recommendation of taking rest days or reducing exposure when reconciliation hits.

This seems counterintuitive to me, because if reconciliation comes from that conflict, I’d think the best thing to do would be to actually increase the exposure, so that next time a situation creates a conflict, your subconscious has more backing to accept what it is getting from the subliminal, over what the actual experience is suggesting.

Maybe I’m not understanding the whole concept well, but to me reconciliation indicates everything is going well, but there is still work to do. The way I see it, I’d only be concerned if I had no reconciliation whatsoever. Because that could mean that either your subconscious is not picking up the messages, or that you already had those messages internalized to the point where they already match your understanding of reality (in which case you didn’t really need that subliminal at that point).

By the way, I know that reconciliation can be hard. I’m only talking about whether it is beneficial or not, and how someone should proceed when it hits.

6 Likes

For some people, reconciliation is disruptive in their life. By backing off, the subconscious gets more breathing room to process things and the side-effects will be less.

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong (I rarely experience it myself), but what about comparing it with filling a semi-clogged sink with water? As long as you do it slowly, the water will still drain. But if you keep throwing water on it, eventually it’ll overflow and the water is wasted.

If the subconscious is the sink and the subliminals are the water, what happens when the subconscious is getting more than it is capable of handling at that time? Is reconciliation a symptom that it is overflowing, incapable of taking on even more? Then what happens to the wasted “water”?

Something to consider…

Although this comparison is not ideal for post-reconciliation, you could say that post-reconciliation the subconscious is a little less clogged/congested and thus able to allow subliminals to flow through faster, accelerating your growth until the next time it gets clogged.

So is reconciliation a good thing? I suppose, just like how muscle aches after a heavy workout often lead to increases in muscle mass. But that, too, requires recovery time while the body deals with it. It is inadvisable and often ineffective or even counter-productive to keep training that muscle group at that point.

I suppose this is a better comparison. Oh, well…

7 Likes

Excellent analogy, could not have explained it better! :slight_smile:

What about the post reconciliation, seems people like it because you “get out of the dirt”.

1 Like

Great analogy. We are now dealing with new technology, the going m.o. used to be set and forget. As many hours in as little time as possible. However, when I was on EoG last year using this method, I had literally crippling reconciliation

I have come to find very recently:

Reconciliation = Take MORE Action

OR

Reconciliation = Take a break and figure out what action you can take NOW

3 Likes

Reconciliation is just the natural process of adapting to anything that is new to a system. It’s just digestion and integration. When you eat a carrot, your digestive system reconciles the nutrients and substances in that carrot with the structures and processes that are currently making up your body. When you lift weights, your muscles and nervous system reconcile the increased stress that you’re putting onto the system with the resources that are already present. The result is usually muscular growth in order to better accommodate that new amount of challenge.

Reconciliation is not some special process reserved for subliminals. It’s just learning.

Reconciliation is bad if you’re learning something that’s harmful for you. It’s good if you’re learning something that’s beneficial.

Finally, there’s the question of intensity. Trying to absorb too much in too short an amount of time will usually lead to either 1) damage to the system as it struggles unsuccessfully to accommodate the new stimulus or 2) rejection of the stimulus, as the system ‘closes its doors’ to avoid the damage of an overwhelming accommodation process.

This is not just true for subliminals, it’s true for the ongoing changes of any dynamic system.

7 Likes

Great insights, everyone! I have a much better understanding now thanks to those analogies. I definitely see now how taking it easy can lead to better results. I was ready to “tough it out” when reconciliation hit; I’m glad I asked this before that happened.

1 Like

It highly depends on how you use it. If you sit around hoping it will be over soon, it will do little good.
If you use it as a means for spiritual growth and insight, well, you’ll benefit big time.

1 Like

Just replace the word “NZT pill” with “subliminals”

This surprisingly helped with reconciliation for me

2 Likes

Haha, good example. I loved that show!

1 Like

I am thinking of memorizing his text and either recording myself saying it or just talking with myself in the mirror.

I’m a big fan of the movie and haven’t watched much of the Limitless drama series but the conversation in that video clip is quite thought-provoking.

It made me think about the Old Man that Neville Goddard mentions in his teachings, and how we must get rid of the Old Man in order to be who we want to be, and that is the most difficult and painful part of the journey to transform ourselves.

It also reminded me of something @DarkPhilosopher wrote just yesterday. I guess we can see reconciliation as the process during which you shed off your old beliefs. The fact that we are aware of the old limiting beliefs that reconciliation brings up shows that something is working on us.

We have been carrying our limiting beliefs around with us for decades - some of the younger folks here perhaps may be fortunate that they have barely lived for 20 years - and the longer we have lived, the more emotional baggage we have and the longer and more thorough the reconciliation process has to be.

5 Likes

if only subliminals where the real NZT pill

Reconciliation in some way as you said good it shows that the subliminal is working however depending on who you are as a person( everyone is different with subliminals) it could mean either you need to recover and take a break or it’s a sign that you need to do something now that you have the power to do and that the effect is a sign telling you to start it now.

I guess this answers my question then.

I am someone for whom it is easier to endure short phases of intense recon rather than longer phases of average level recon, thus I was thinking whether it would be wise to add loops and speed up the process by going through harsh phases of recon.

But if that leads to the risk of stonewalling, then it seems it is better to stick to advised ZP listening pattern.

However, if anyone knows a way of how to speed up results and integration at the cost of facing extrem recon for short amounts of time, then I am happy to hear about these experiences. Thanks.

1 Like
  1. Add Emperor Black to your stack and take intensive action. wash. rinse. repeat.

2. Experiment with incremental modifications to the listening guidelines, in order to find your own ideal ratio between integration of stimuli and rejection of stimuli; your own OI (Optimal Intensity). This will involve increases in 2 to 3 potential domains: 1) number of concurrent subs, 2) number of loops, 3) frequency of play periods.

3. If working with custom subliminals experiment with using the Terminus or Terminus2 builds.

Option 2 is the least dependable. Most potential to go awry. But it’s also the one that people choose most often (probably because it’s the easiest to imagine).

3 Likes

Wow great descriptions of what reconciliation is like. Gives me great insights from the view points of others.

Is reconciliation good or bad?
I don’t look in the direction of good or bad. I ask a different question all together because good or bad is always judgement. I stepped away from judgement and asked different questions to get different outcomes.

So what are some expansive questions we can ask about reconciliation?

1. What’s is this?
  2. What can I do with this?
  3. Can I change this?
  4. If I can change this, if so how?
  5. What else is possible here?
  6. What question can I ask that would create a new reality?
  7. How does it get any better than this?
  8. How am I using this to my advantage or disadvantage?
  9. How is this working out for me?
  10. If I can have this any other way, what would I change?
  11. What are my view points about reconciliation? Are any of them lies you bought from others?
  12. I wonder what reconciliation is teaching me?

Edit. New questions come through.

1. What do I truly believe about reconciliation?
  2. What beliefs do I have about reconciliation that is good or bad, right or wrong?
  3. Truth if I was truly being me, what would I choose?
  4. In this 10 seconds what can I choose about reconciliation?
  5. How can I make reconciliation work for me right away?
  6. Who am I being like when I’m feeling reconciliation?
  7. Who am I not being like when I’m feeling reconciliation?
1 Like

Thank you for your fast reply Malkuth.

A few days ago, I have added Executive to my stack of Khan St 4 and LBFH. I felt like Emperor Black would contradict Khan’s harem goals and I don’t want to go monk mode but rather more out into the world, that’s why I have chosen Executive.

I actually do not know how I would be able to tell that this is happening.
Would this equal stonewalling and the absence of any reaction to the subliminal input?
All I know is that for me, more loops lead to more and harsher recon.

I also strongly believe that recon is something positive, especially anger recon, because it is a clear sign to me that I am replacing my old identity with a new one.

I am not at this stage yet. I am first building up a strong foundation with Khan and LBFH for at least 1-2 years (basically following Luther’s advice from his journal), before going to build my own first custom.

1 Like

Here is yet another metaphor (borrowed from Ericksonian hypnosis) on how you can think of your unconscious: Think of it as a good friend.

If you want your friend to change, gentle persuasion might be a lot more effective than constant domineering nagging that might just push them away. They need time to process. They are more likely to listen to you if they experience that what you tell them is helpful to them. Sometimes too much tough lough will make them shut you off. Sometimes a fight can make you closer afterward, but constant fighting is not what you want.

And your friend might do really cool stuff with your input that is much better than what you might have thought of yourself. Your friend is much more useful to you if you allow them to find their own ideas, solutions, and approaches.

3 Likes

I’ve been experimenting with causing reconciliation in me on purpose and what I discovered is that if you succumb to beliefs and coping mechanisms that are contrary to the scripting you get recon and its intensity depends on how much those beliefs and mechanisms are against the scripting. Another thing is recon urges us to follow those “anti” beliefs and coping mechanisms and the stronger it is the more it urges us to do so. Therefore, one can easily fall into a reconciliation loop where the more those “anti” beliefs and coping mechanisms are against the scripting the more recon one gets that urges them to succumb to those “anti” beliefs and coping mechanisms even more which results in even stronger recon. The only way is to break out of it by our conscious choices and strong will.

@SaintSovereign @Fire

1 Like

Yes. Stonewalling is rejecting the stimulus.

This is subjective. But I sometimes feel the same way. Particularly when I’m desperate for confirmation that something is happening.

A sound approach.

:muscle:t6:

1 Like