Q UPDATE: Multiple masks are coming to Q and more!

I waited so long for Executive that I am going to stick with that. The only thing I would change at this point is a name embedded version when it becomes an option

1 Like

Hmm. No one is around me and I just opened my mouth to say something. So from your perspective, did I make any noise?

2 Likes

That looks like a chubby baby white tiger to me lmao
thank you for sharing this!

@GoldenTiger -is this you pre subs? :wink: :upside_down_face::rofl:

2 Likes

Is smol danger potato

3 Likes

Lol, I’m not sure what’s in module pack #2. We just started building it last night. Soon, though.

Sorry, no free upgrades on name embedded majors. It’s technically a different product line, not a change in technology. We have to figure out how we’re going to do upgrades for name embeds period. Worst case scenario, we’ll have to charge a (hopefully) small upgrade fee. There’s more than just a computing cost with Q, there’s also numerous APIs and the such that we have to pay for. The upgrade free would just cover that expense – we wouldn’t try and profit from it.

That being said, we’re considering NOT phasing out non-name embeds in order to keep a low cost solution for those who can’t afford the name embedded versions. The name embeds might be more powerful, or comprehensive though.

14 Likes

Thanks for the info saint,
I have to know, how can you tell for sure that name embedded subs are more powerful/effective then regular ones? has it been tested several times?

i’m wondering if i should stick to my non name embedded or switch when the new ones arrive

That sounds fair. Being that I bought every male subliminal (not ascension for women or seductress)- just figuring out how to easily locate and pay for everything (some are packages) could be difficult even if I could afford to do so… before looking at T or T2 updates.

Yes. Please do this. The original titles without name-embedding is an excellent stepping stone into SubClub.

5 Likes

It would be awesome if somehow you could log in and your account had the option to click checkboxes for Update to Name embed, along with the other options
which would direct to cart for purchase.

2 Likes

You won’t be listening to all of them all at the same time (at least I hope not), so you don’t have to upgrade all of them at the same time either. You can only do the ones you’re listening to.

Even if they no longer got upgrades to new tech and such?

1 Like

Would it be a one-time name embed upgrade cost to existing non-embedded shop subliminal products OR every time forward there is an update due to computing and API costs?

That’s a good question. If we offered the name-embedded version of Emperor by default, and Emperor got an upgrade to new tech, would that upgrade still be free?

@DarkPhilosopher - I think the existing titles could keep the non-name-embedding. Maybe new titles can have name-embedding only versions.

But frankly, am okay with am whatever decisions SubClub makes. The prices won’t be exorbitantly high even if they decide to make every title name-embedded only.

Yes, but say that EmperorQ as we call it is version 5 of Emperor (could be 6, whatever). SubClub makes it name-embedded, so existing owners pay the necessary fees to make their Emperor v5 name-embedded.

Now there’s a development and the Emperor script gets updates. It is now Emperor version 6. Previously, that upgrade was free. But now it would mean we have to rebuild our name-embedded Emperor to the new version 6 script, which would once again cost.

See what I mean? It would be similar to if one of the Q store modules got updated. You’d still have a license for that module, but in order to enjoy the update, you would have to rebuild your custom. A name-embedded sub, even if its modules have been pre-selected by SubClub, is still technically a custom.

Exactly. Hence the larger the catalog you own from the shop, the more costly it could be (if all upgrades are subject) to keep it completely up-to-date and one might wait for pending script updates for particular products unless a miracle nominal charge becomes subnominal :wink:

You haven’t run a Q custom yet, have you? :wink:

Of course we’ve tested it. We don’t sell anything that hasn’t been tested. Untested ideas / products are either included with a tested product as a prototype or extra, or we run public tests, just like with Ultima.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, every time going forward. But we are striving for the fee to be nominal. By that, I mean less than the price of what a major title costs now. We aren’t interested in making money from the upgrade, but we’ll go broke if we offered free upgrades on the name embeds because of the cost of the APIs. Eventually, when we create Quintessence v2, this may go away. That’s why we may keep the non-name embeds in the shop. Those upgrades will be free.

This is the best compromise we can come up with at the moment, and we’ll keep working to bring everyone the best value we can. I know it may not be what many what to hear, but we’re still providing the best value you can get anywhere in this industry. Others are charging thousands for customs, full price for every upgrade. Even the scam subliminal site that stole all of our copy and are releasing fake products is charging $1000 for a “custom.”

6 Likes

Hypothetically, say I pay for name-embedding a particular subliminal (eg. Emperor Q) do I lose my non-embedded status for that particular subliminal in the future (assuming non-embedded remain) when an applicable update arises after I paid for name-embedding?

No, of course not. If I’m understanding what you’re asking, your use case is:

1. You buy EmperorQ v58 name-embedded.
  2. You skip upgrading to v59, v60 and v61.
  3. When v62 comes out, you decide to update.
  4. You’ll pay the nominal upgrade charge to get v62.

You WILL however, have to buy EmperorQ name-embedded the first time though. There may be some kind of upgrade path from non-name to name-embedded, but we’re not sure yet.

1 Like